• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure I know the answer, but how "beginner friendly" is Total War Warhammer 3? As someone with virtually no RTS experience, would I be able to get anything out of that game?
Warhammer (total war in general) is RTS and TBS at the same time. I wouldn't call it very beginner friendly. There's a lot of mechanics going on at the same time, that will become a bit overwhelming. Unless you're really into Warhammer lore (which will get you over the hump) I'd say start with one of their earlier entries (Rome)

They've done a lot to help new people, but if you want to really get into expect to spend the first 10 hours failing and restarting.

TLDR: I'd wouldnt recommend Total Warhammer as an entry level for the series. I'd start with Rome or Shogun

Excelsior

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure I know the answer, but how "beginner friendly" is Total War Warhammer 3? As someone with virtually no RTS experience, would I be able to get anything out of that game?

reviews are saying that for the first time, TWW3 has a detailed, designated tutorial campaign designed to teach you all the mechanics at a reasonable pace, and that it's a very good introduction to the series.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I mean, I don't care all that much about Horizon, but I wouldn't want to release a game in the same weak as that AND Elden Ring, which is an incredibly hyped game that also seems to be the most accessible version of a series that people are interested in. The point of putting games on game pass is for people to play them and the culutural conversation is likely to completely skip over them in the next coming weeks.

I dunno what to tell you, it makes sense to me. I said it was weak, so we're on the same side anyway. Game pass isn't just a service for Xbox-Only people, so taking other competitors releases into account isn't incredibly farfetched.

I see the other way around, the fact Sony got a big exclusive is the main reason they should be agressive this month.

Getting Zero new games, will make most people complain even more when looking at the other side.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
At least I don't have to pay for a game I know is bad that I will probably get frustrated with anyway aka Madden. Hate that I need football haha.

Dr Shasta

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I've heard nothing but great things about super mega baseball for years so I am excited to finally try it out.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
If you like Meetroidvanias and/or time control mechanics, highly recommend playing Touhou Luna Nights before it leaves.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
It can't be said enough how great Super Mega Baseball 3 is. The sim/arcade gameplay balance, solid franchise mode, deep customization, online leagues, full of personality.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I still find it weird when I read that a game is coming to Xbox Gamepass that I can't actually play on my, you know, Xbox. For a moment there I thought Warhammer is coming to Xbox.

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
But Ogre Kingdoms is only free if you buy day 1
True, but for me personally I have no desire to play them. I love fighting monster factions but I dont play as them, so this doesnt actually affect me.

Though im still pretty sure both that and the game will be cheaper than buying the game full price if you get it a few months down the line (unless you plan on playing ogre kingdoms first)

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I see the other way around, the fact Sony got a big exclusive is the main reason they should be agressive this month.

Getting Zero new games, will make most people complain even more when looking at the other side.

That's fair. I think that GP has been really good these past few months so I can more than 'forgive' a mediocre months, particularly when there's other games coming out anyway, but I'm also not locked into 1 ecosystem.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Yea not a great month, but I think its smart with all the new games getting dropped in Feb. I know I don't have time for anything on gamepass right now with playing Dying light 2, and then Horizon this week, and Elden ring after.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I mean, if I was a publisher, I also wouldn't sign my game to come onto Game Pass when all the attention is on the big guns. I'd pick January or March (or April this year).

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm glad I purchased Kingdom Hearts III, as I still only finished the first one of my series replay of 1 and 2 (and my first time playing through the many spinoffs) on Xbox.

I expected A Plague Tale: Innocence to expire soon due to expiration leaks, as The Medium expired roughly along the leaked date. Guess I have more time to casually play Innocence compared to The Medium which I scrambled through last minute.

And, yeah, February was weak with new game addition and Ultimate perks. Thankfully the end of last month had some gems for me like Taiko and Pupperazzi; I am giving Contrast and Telling Lies a spin tho, and I want to get into Danganronpa and Death's Door. Noped out of Edge of Eternity.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if I was a publisher, I also wouldn't sign my game to come onto Game Pass when all the attention is on the big guns. I'd pick January or March (or April this year).

Makes sense to me. This is a pretty crazy month for AAA releases. The original Dying Light sold in excess of 17 mil units and more than likely, both Elden Ring and Forbidden West will be game of the year contenders and also sell crazy amounts of units as well. In fact, all 3 of these games will most likely be in the top 10 best selling games of the year. Also, when was the last time we had 3 AAA titles of this caliber in February? And let's not forget that January was one of the best Game Pass months ever (at least for me, anyway).

Last edited:
May 10, 2019
Very crappy month on console side but still playing extraction and horizon 5 still. Then Elden Ring coming out soon will eat up the rest of my time this month anyway.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Need touch controls for mass effect. Warhammer 3 makes this the best month for me ever.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Yea. It is what it is. Is there anything new in Madden 22? I usually only stick with the ones with some story component, which I feel like EA has once against been stripping out of its games after a few years of experimentation.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I have a few questions regarding NFL if anyone can answer:
- Is the PC version on par with the Series X/PS5? Sports games on PC tend to get sidelined
- Is there any mode in the game where I can learn the sport? I know nothing about it but would like to, since its on Game pass and all.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the bump. I'm just terrified to make my own threads, lol.

Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Game Pass on 10 March!

console+Cloud+PC

www.gematsu.com

Xbox Game Pass adds Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, more in early March

Microsoft has announced new titles coming to Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC in early March, which includes Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Young So…

link grabbed via SIFTD

ojTNdce.jpg

Do yourselves a favor and play it, if you haven't. Such a great game.