• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
rIXzxe8.gif
Still quite possibly the greatest gif of all time.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Whats so hard to understand here? He had a kid before he met her. While he was trying to find her in Queens. Probably while clubbing no less.

But that wasn't even alluded to, like at all? The movie literally follows him from the time he comes here and not too long after when he ends up falling for Lisa and marrying her. I mean if it was Semmi it'd make sense because that's the type of character he was when he was hooking up with those people, but Eddie's character? The movie literally shows him come over here and shortly after running into Lisa and falling head over heels for her, he wasn't off "partying" or hooking up with other women before her, that's why it makes no sense at all.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to some more Soul Glo

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
You're not wrong. What was the last movie Murphy even did? Meet Dave?
I thought it was A Thousand Words, but it looks like he had something come out in 2016 (Mr. Church). A Thousand Words was in the can for years before it finally was released so he's probably got a few others kicking around.

It looks like the guy who would direct this just directed Eddie in a biopic about Rudy Ray Moore/Dolemite so that at least lends some credence to it going forward in some capacity. It's apparently going to be released by Netflix.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
But that wasn't even alluded to, like at all? The movie literally follows him from the time he comes here and not too long after when he ends up falling for Lisa and marrying her. I mean if it was Semmi it'd make sense because that's the type of character he was when he was hooking up with those people, but Eddie's character? The movie literally shows him come over here and shortly after running into Lisa and falling head over heels for her, he wasn't off "partying" or hooking up with other women before her, that's why it makes no sense at all.
Its heavily insinuated in the club scene and higly applied and left to the imagination that he potentially could have had relations with any of those women he met there. There was no lapse of time or montage so anything could have happened.

And if something did happen thats nothing a back story between the lines couldnt fill.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Plot twist: Eddie Murphy's character gets detained at the airport and the film turns out to be a scathing criticism of Trump's America.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Sexy chocolate!

As a big fan of the original, I would like to be excited for this but deep down I know it's going to robocop/predator remake trash tier. Eddie lost his mojo alooong time ago.

Surprise me Hollywood.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Best this gets made now while everyone is still alive. At work someone pointed out how almost everyone from Harlem Nights is dead: Charlie Murphy, Robin Harris, Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, Della Reese, Reynaldo Rey...

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Its actually been a good minute since I seen Eddie Murphy act. Is he still good at it atleast? Hes gotta be like 60 or something now right?

Come to think of it Im due for another watch of Coming to America.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
They'd need to dig Judge Reinhold out of cold storage for that. I'm not sure they even remember where they put him.

He's still active I believe (last saw him on arrested development?), and is a regular guest at comic conventions (met him at Dallas fan expo). I'm sure he'd say yes to being in it, the guy has nothing but good things to say about those movies and Murphy.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
If the 80s action stars can get one last hurrah let's get the 80s comedy stars some time to shine.

Murphy needs a comeback, especially after Charlie passed. I hope they get Arsenio Hall back too.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'll believe it's happening when Paramount's Beverly Hills Cop IV is actually released.

Rather have another beverly hills cop.
Yeah, the series deserved a better send-off than 3.
I'll take anything Eddie Murphy releases but I really want Cop IV.

It was announced and was supposed to start filming back in 2017, but nothing has come from it so far. It's apparently still in development. And that's not going to change anytime soon, since BHC IV's announced directors --Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah-- are now busy directing Sony's Bad Boys For Life, which just started production.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Super excited for this!!! I'll add a +1 for the Bev Cop to be continued as well.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Oh dear... next thing you know they're doing Groundhog Day 2.
Coming to 'murica was great. Not sure a sequel will actually be fun but i'll keep an eye on it.

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
In a shocking post credits scene Erik Kilmonger beats Akeem to death and takes his crown. M. Night twist that it was a prequel to Black Panther all along.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Been so long since I seen the first one. Only parts I remember is the McDonald's scene and the aide opening the door screaming at the king and slamming the door. Still get a good laugh when people post that gif.

?oe?oe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll make some space in my "unnecessary and unfunny sequel to a treasured comedic film" bin.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I say do it. Further more, do more filming on location in Elmhurst. McDowells was actually a Wendy's, 15 minute walk max from my old home. I watch the film annually cause the footage gets me all teary eyed, and would love modern day stuff. So yeah more Queens Blvd and Elmhurst footage, have the kid live over on 82nd street or something.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I want this to be good

But unless I've missed something, Eddie has all the edge of a plate of mashed potatoes these days
It wouldnt be about him. Itll be about his heir and Eddie would co-star.

If it's Murphy and Hall as main I'm in.
If it's their kids running around in NCY I'm out.
As main? These dudes havnt been in a movie in years. Best to have them as co-stars if the movie was to get off the ground.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey, you know that movie where Africans were portrayed in a good light, and the Prince was a genuine, all-around nice guy? How about we do a sequel where he slept around, got a woman pregnant, and ditched his child?"