• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From Deadline:
EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures is setting Craig Brewer to direct Coming To America 2, finally bringing to the starting gate the sequel to the 1988 blockbuster comedy. Eddie Murphy is poised to reprise his role as Akeem, the pampered African prince who became bored of potential marriage partners in the kingdom too in awe of him, and who traveled to Queens to go undercover and find a woman with a strong will that he could respect.
Kenya Barris is rewriting a script by original Coming to America writers Barry Blaustein and David Sheffield. Murphy is producing with Kevin Misher and Barris is exec producer.

In the sequel, Akeem learns about a long lost son, and must return to America to meet his unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda. The intention is to bring back the original cast which includes Arsenio Hall, who played the prince's aide Semmi; Shari Headley, who was courted by the prince when he went undercover as a fast food worker; John Amos, who played her father; and James Earl Jones, who played the king.
Release date is August 7th 2020.

Last edited:

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I watched the half of movie that is not in America and thought it was incredible but my interest quickly dropped off after that. Still this is fun.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
coming-to-america.jpg

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
"In the sequel, Akeem learns about a long lost son, and must return to America to meet his unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda."

Didn't he just have one woman during his time in the US which he married in the end?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
"In the sequel, Akeem learns about a long lost son, and must return to America to meet his unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda."

Didn't he just have one woman during his time in the US which he married in the end?
I was thinking the same thing

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This plot...makes no sense? How can he have a long lost son? Are they going to retcon the first movie?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
twist: the kid is going to be Semmi's kid, and he thinks his dad is Akeem because Semmi told the kid's mom he was a prince in order to get her to bang him.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Rather have another beverly hills cop.

Coming to America is a one off movie that would not work having a sequel.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super skeptical of this, but that's some good talent on the production side so I have a glimmer of hope... even if modern Eddie Murphy is, uhh, yeah.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
SEMMI on the other hand would totally have a lost kid.
I'm calling it right now.

The plot twist is going to be that it's Semmi's kid and the mother only thinks it's Akeem's because Semmi was pretending to be Akeem to get laid

EDIT

twist: the kid is going to be Semmi's kid, and he thinks his dad is Akeem because Semmi told the kid's mom he was a prince in order to get her to bang him.

This man knows what's up

Last edited:

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
And I will be there day one. I always wanted to return to Zamunda.

Heres hoping Micheal B. Jordan plays the role of the long lost son.

Or the guy that plays in cloak & dagger.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
as far as i recall it is implied he had sex with a lot of women on his country, so the story could be one subject getting pregnant and fleeing the country or something

Christian

Oct 25, 2017

This only makes sense, if Akeem slept with other women and thinks there's a possibility that he has an illegitimate child. But he knows he didn't, so any claim would just be ignored as hogwash.

as far as i recall it is implied he had sex with a lot of women on his country, so the story could be one subject getting pregnant and fleeing the country or something

This makes more sense.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
I've missed not having Eddie Murphy in films these recent years and to come back for a classic comedy role I'm totally in for this.

itspants1

Jul 17, 2018
Everybody saying "how is this possible" or "he wouldn't have had a kid!" ... maybe that's the whole point of the plot?

"How could I have a child? I cannot possibly have a child!"
Goes back to America to solve this mystery, comedy ensues.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can see Akeem getting worked from a local queens girl right after that bar scene.

You could do alot of things after that scene.