• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update:
Platforms confirmed. XB1 PS4 and Switch.

-----
Original Post

Via a partnership between Skybound Games and Beamdog. Specific platforms are TBA but they will get physical releases as well.

https://www.skybound.com/games/beamdog-console-baldurs-gate-neverwinter-nights-and-more/

SKYBOUND GAMES ANNOUNCES NEW PUBLISHING DEAL WITH BEAMDOG TO BRING BELOVED PC ROLEPLAYING GAMES TO CONSOLE FOR THE FIRST TIME
Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate ll, Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights All Coming to Console in 2019

February 7, 2019 (Los Angeles, CA) – Skybound Games and Beamdog today announced a publishing partnership that will bring classic roleplaying videogames Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate ll, Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights to console platforms in 2019.

Beamdog is known for bringing enhanced versions of Dungeons & Dragons videogames to fans both new and old on the PC platform, including the critically acclaimed Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Planescape: Torment. Six of Beamdog's fan-favorite games will be released on console platforms for the first time ever via Skybound all as Enhanced Editions sold at retail stores and online (www.Skybound.com). These upcoming releases will allow RPG fans the opportunity to experience epic Dungeons & Dragons adventures in a whole new way.

A selection of Beamdog's games will be on display in the Skybound Games booth at PAX East in Boston from March 28th to March 31st, all coinciding with the first anniversary of Skybound Games as the video game publishing arm of Skybound Entertainment.

"These games are iconic, including Baldur's Gate, which has really set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons computer roleplaying games," said Skybound Games CEO Ian Howe. "We're excited to bring Beamdog's incredible slate to new platforms for both the dedicated fan and those who will soon discover these adventures for the first time. As longtime fans of Baldur's Gate and Dungeons & Dragons it's fantastic to partner with Beamdog as the newest member of the Skybound family."

"We are ecstatic to partner with Skybound Games to bring these great classics to new platforms," said Trent Oster, Beamdog CEO. "Skybound's accomplishments are amazing and they have a demonstrated love and respect for creators. We're thrilled to find ourselves working with such a talented group."

More details about what fans can expect with these upcoming console releases, including specific platforms and box contents, will be unveiled in the coming months. Fans interested in these details should follow Skybound Games on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

I'll be sure to check them out at PAX next month.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, holy shit. It's like someone looked at some top 10 PC CRPGs list on some obsucre website from 15 years and decided to buy the licenses to publish every one of them on console.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ClearExhaustedBuckeyebutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I would never play these games on console buuuuuuut physical releases mean that they'll each get a buy. Nice!

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I bugged them awhile back for a Vita version lol. I already own the PC and Apple versions I might consider them on the Switch :/ does it say what consoles?

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to play these games for a long time but I absolutely hate playing with kb/m. If the ports are good, I'll consider them.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Yeahhhh, I'm gonna end up getting every one of these, especially NWN.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Great news. BD2 is in my top 3 favourite games ever. Its easy and fun to get into and replay. I must have finished that one 5+ times already.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Being mostly a console gamer, you would make you're self a disservice playing those games with a controller.

The good thing about them is that it's doesn't require you to have a powerful PC to play any of those games.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
OK that is pretty damn cool. I wonder how Balders Gate 2 is going to play on a controller tho.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
That's cool but these games are gonna require waaaaay more modification to play well on a controller than I'm confident they can or will do.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These would be perfect for PS4.

I really hope it's on all 3 consoles. There's no reason it shouldn't be.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I was gonna play them on my laptop, but now I'm wondering if I should wait for a possible Switch version.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Yoooo what? I've been meaning to play Planescape: Torrrment, never played it

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Being mostly a console gamer, you would make you're self a disservice playing those games with a controller.

The good thing about them is that it's doesn't require you to have a powerful PC to play any of those games.

If Xbox is part of the release plan I wouldn't be surprised to see mouse/keyboard supported.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I have never played a single one of these games.

I will play every single one of these games, now. What an announcement.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
If they get rid of RtwP and make it controller-friendly... that'd be huge :O

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I was gonna get the whole on PC, i may to add to my library but these are the games that i would totally play on the Switch if it came on that platform.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep hearing good things about Planescape Torment so count me in.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
If they get rid of RtwP and make it controller-friendly... that'd be huge :O
That'd be a crime!

Honeslty it'll play fine with a controller. All you really need is a mouse cursor with an analogue stick and a few shortcuts. I used to play BG with just the mouse completely doable as all the controls are on the UI.

Via a partnership between Skybound Games and Beamdog. Specific platforms are TBA but they will get a physical releases as well.
Sorry I read the spoiler text not your opening text lol. Thanks!

Joshbob1985

Jan 12, 2018
I am strangely excited about the possibility of these games coming to switch despite owning multiple copies of them on PC.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those are some of my all time favorite rpgs, and a part of me is psyched.
But point and click crpgs on consoles, with a gamepad...

I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see it in action.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news. I've heard only great things over the years about Planescape: Torment and Baldur's Gate, so I may have to check these out.