• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Gw8IHpi.png

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For context, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order peaked at 46.5k (on Steam alone) and went on to become the biggest launch for any of EA's Star Wars games on PC. So, seeing C&C Remastered hit 42.5k on launch day indicates a very strong launch.

Oct 27, 2017
"Stop playing these old games, play my favorite old game instead!"

Weird flex but okay.

The amount of players in newer RTS games are not enough. Blink and anything from Dawn of War 3 to small indie titles just vanish. Nothing new managed to build enough community for the healthy game. CoH2 is the "newest" RTS that is still popular where you can hit the matchmaking and find the opponents at all levels: from noobs to pros.

If CoH2 falls, the only multiplayer RTS game with the funtional ladder/scene is going to be Starcraft II, almost twice the age of CoH2.

May 19, 2020
The amount of players in newer RTS games are not enough. Blink and anything from Dawn of War 3 to small indie titles just vanish. Nothing new managed to build enough community for the healthy game. CoH2 is the "newest" RTS that is still popular where you can hit the matchmaking and find the opponents at all levels: from noobs to pros.

If CoH2 falls, the only multiplayer RTS game with the funtional ladder/scene is going to be Starcraft II, almost twice the age of CoH2.
Do you think that it might be the failing of the newer RTS games to engage an active scene and court new players rather than just nostalgia ruling the day? Nostalgia is powerful but not that powerful.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Why must the entire RTS community be stuck in the past...

Go play CoH2 you donkeys :(
I could never get into CoH. I can see the enhancements it made to the genre but at the end of the day it doesn't let me set up a crazy tank rush and watch a cheesy cinematic play as celebration. Basically I'm not good enough at the genre to appreciate where it went tactically after these early more simplistic games really.

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
The market is there and always has been. No it won't sell 5 million+ units but an AA Command and Conquer title with realistic expectations could shift units and make a good profit. Unfortunately EA hasn't been in that business for over a decade.

Deleted member 53692

user requested account closure
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
France
For context, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order peaked at 46.5k (on Steam alone) and went on to become the biggest launch for any of EA's Star Wars games on PC. So, seeing C&C Remastered hit 42.5k on launch day indicates a very strong launch.
I guess EA is happy to be back on Steam :)

Age of Empires II?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
EA did a lot right moves with this and released really good Remaster, good to see them rewarded for it.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Fantastic news! This was the Doom of RTS back in the day, so it makes sense that it would be so huge.