• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Always happy to support good gaming magazines that are still coming out, even in a hobbyist way. Seems like that Amiga Addict would be worth a try. Are the articles generally of good quality? Is that top 100 list actually just a basic list or do they go over, even if just in a short sentence, on why each title was picked?

Amiga Addict has some very good articles. They did a nice feature on Hired Guns for example, which is a game that is far too often overlooked.

The photo is of a poster I got from them, I'm not sure if there was an issue of the magazine it's connected to.

Their website is here:

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I saw a copy of Amiga Addict in WH Smiths in Manchester Piccadilly the other day. It was such a surreal moment, I had serious flashbacks to being a kid and ogling the magazine racks to see which had the best demo disks or awesome cover art that would grab my attention.

Then I realised I'm over 40 now, it's 2024 and they're still selling Amiga magazines. Which is kind of amazing.

Bulk_Rate

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Amiga Addict Magazine's Top 100 Amiga games:

IMG-8747.jpg

Really proud to see Worms at #5!

I'm going to have to get the physical copy of this one!

I finally have a PAL A500 (I am in the US) up and running with a modest accelerator (ACA500+) and had a ton of fun downloading the Revision 2024 stuff on my PC and sneaker-netting it to the Amiga.

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY
I saw a copy of Amiga Addict in WH Smiths in Manchester Piccadilly the other day. It was such a surreal moment, I had serious flashbacks to being a kid and ogling the magazine racks to see which had the best demo disks or awesome cover art that would grab my attention.

Then I realised I'm over 40 now, it's 2024 and they're still selling Amiga magazines. Which is kind of amazing.

I have great memories of Amiga Action/Power cover disks. At some point the magazine clerk gave me a bunch of spare disks he had that fell off earlier magazines. Good times.

Nearing the end of these magazines' life, they also started including full (non-PD) games with them, like the fantastic No Second Prize.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I have great memories of Amiga Action/Power cover disks. At some point the magazine clerk gave me a bunch of spare disks he had that fell off earlier magazines. Good times.

Nearing the end of these magazines' life, they also started including full (non-PD) games with them, like the fantastic No Second Prize.
Ah, NSP! I used to love that game. At the time it felt so smooth and the mouse control was perfection. Some really talented Amiga devs in Germany.

Also, any chance to post the funky intro:
https://youtu.be/GfX7tRNzsHA?si=y3eZfGusoqEshWyT

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY