• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The US government has a dedicated assassination squad for Skrulls

And a mutant program

Before the whole Inhuman Mutant stuff, the US government has several times tried to invade and steal from Attilan

Marvel human's don't like Aliens. They tolerate Aliens

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Add that She's a Kree, a race that have tried to conquer the earth...

carry the one

I wanna say 8 times

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Isn't the Marvel universe full of alien shit? How is it that the public is JUST NOW knowing that Carol is part-Kree and ALSO making a big deal of it?

Judging by the way the Marvel world treats Spider-Man and the X-Men, it's not shocking that they turn on other heroes. Why don't they turn on the Fantastic Four? They were born regular Americans maybe?

I mean hate doesn't make sense in the real world either.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Judging by the way the Marvel world treats Spider-Man and the X-Men, it's not shocking that they turn on other heroes. Why don't they turn on the Fantastic Four? They were born regular Americans maybe?

I mean hate doesn't make sense in the real world either.
There's a level of celebrity to the FF that's not there for a lot of heroes

And it's not all peaches n cream. Ben gets shit for being Jewish.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Isn't the Marvel universe full of alien shit? How is it that the public is JUST NOW knowing that Carol is part-Kree and ALSO making a big deal of it?
She just found out recently that she was (originally and naturally) part Kree with retcons from The Life of Captain Marvel. It would be harder to push public outcry when her partial Kree physiology was forced on her through an accident, but now that her mom is Kree, they can.

Last edited:

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Just finished up Ms. Marvel Vol 2 (well, Vol 3 volume 2) and even though the series is pretty fun as a whole (and I'm very glad the Inhuman tie-in stuff is finally being introduced) some of this is so so cheesy. The constant social media namedropping, the memes, Kamala Khan using "gamerspeak", it's a little too indie style twee for my tastes.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

giphy.gif

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Originally she was human that had Kree DNA as a result of an accident but that was really excuse for powers and really she was human

Recently retcon in that miniseries In that she was actually half kree and her mom was a kree super soldier

It also coincide with the trump thing

Though honestly it doesn't need a clairvoyant to predict that

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Marvels: The Remastered Edition as well and it seem to have gorgeous art by Alex Ross and go through Marvel history in primarily illustration form. I hope this book is good, cause I'm digging this artstyle. And it has Gwen's death arc that I would like to revisit.

This is the book I'm hyped for next week

History-of-the-Marvel-Universe-1-1-600x916.jpg

History-of-the-Marvel-Universe-1-2-600x910.jpg

History-of-the-Marvel-Universe-1-3-600x910.jpg

History-of-the-Marvel-Universe-1-4-600x910.jpg

History-of-the-Marvel-Universe-1-5-600x910.jpg

History-of-the-Marvel-Universe-1-6-600x465.jpg
I did not know about this. I want this.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

How did Dark Horse even get confused about this...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Marvel Milestones HC or paperback? They announced some new ones like the Phalanx Covenant, Onslaught, and Operation Zero Tolerance.

Also, X-Statix Complete Collection

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Marvel Milestones HC or paperback? They announced some new ones like the Phalanx Covenant, Onslaught, and Operation Zero Tolerance.

Also, X-Statix Complete Collection

Sadly, paperback. Those collections are awesome though, they're really churning them out and there's a lot of material that hasn't been collected otherwise. What really burns my biscuits are all the Milestones they're releasing? They're all out of print in OHC/omnibus! Torture.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, paperback. Those collections are awesome though, they're really churning them out and there's a lot of material that hasn't been collected otherwise.
Yea they are pumping them out fast. I would buy the Operation Zero Tolerance, but it's probably a lot smaller than the original HC.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Showing real restraint by not picking up every Superior Spider-Man comic ever made to read in one go and instead waiting until next week and just reading my pile of shit I already have

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yoyoyo, Gleason doing something with Cable!??!!

EDIT: Darnit, its from an issue of ASM that talks about time travel lol

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Unstoppable Wasp had a nice ending that mostly tied things up.

Most of the villains reformed in the end, including (thankfully) Finesse.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Didn't see it mentioned, but apparently Next week Marvel's launching a 4 issue anthology about Marvel women with all women creators.

0009.jpg

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
We're getting a Red Goblin one-shot with Gleason, Sean Ryan, Rob Fee, and Pete Woods. Mary Jane is getting an ongoing by Leah Williams.

Also,

D_3RGmXXkAQQjJ-

Yes there is a silver lining to this I guess lol.

Wish he would go back to his 90s style. Would look so much better. I cant imagine anyone is a fan of his current style.

Has this Cantwell guy done anything in comics in the past?
He did a book for Dark Horse and one of the anthologies for War of the Realms

Status
Not open for further replies.