• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this thread already has boobs and asses. July is the greatest month confirmed.

The book has some boobs too.

69vqkYN.png

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
His sidekick is named Jailbait.
Yeah I read through that part in Irredeemable. I thought it was pretty stupid the way he bragged about committing crimes with his underage girlfriend to his friend Katy.

A lot of Irredeemable was dumb to me. It wasn't an awful book. I'm surprised it won an award though.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I read through that part in Irredeemable. I thought it was pretty stupid the way he bragged about committing crimes with his underage girlfriend to his friend Katy.

A lot of Irredeemable was dumb to me. It wasn't an awful book. I'm surprised it won an award though.
To be fair, when that book came out it was more of a "ha ha funny" type of thing. Completely different social climate in 2019.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Irredeemable also disappointed me in how the forward of the first volume talks about becoming a villain being a slow change over time and many grievances but it doesn't execute on this at all. Tony's just a dick from the beginning.

Edit: I'm on a comixology trial. I borrowed the first few volumes of SAGA and Descender as well.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hey best Olivia started a new show tonight called The Rook. Its pretty good. Its about some sort of British government spin off of MI 6 that employs powered people.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! Is this based on the Checquy Files books? Just finished the first one last week, really enjoyed it. Great urban fantasy.
Yea think so. Thought it was just one book though. If its a series, I might have to check them out then.

The only thing I dont like is the amnesia angle they use with the main character. But that aspect will probably get better once things start coming together.

Also, they straight up started with the Matrix blue pill/red pill thing lol.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Hey best Olivia started a new show tonight called The Rook. Its pretty good. Its about some sort of British government spin off of MI 6 that employs powered people.

Best Olivia is the one who made one of the best movies of the year. Don't mistake that.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Also pushed myself through The Structure is Rotten, Comrade. I have not clue what happened. Either my reading comprehension flew out of the window or I don't have the required Socio-Political/Historical/Architectural knowledge to understand it or it was a bunch of drivel.
I think I'll pass on this one. Saw it on AV Club's list and the title caught my attention but your write up doesn't really make me interested in going further.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm almost done with this trade:

439423._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

and I'm liking it fine. Should I keep going or should I skip to the post-issue #1000 stuff?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Starting reading Snyder JL, and like

giphy.gif

This is going to be one hell of a ride isn't it.

Also Black Hammer/Justice League crossover?!

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone reading this week? Here's what I'm looking forward to (ComicList):
  • Giant Days #52 - Kinda hoping for something big to rock the boat a bit in these final issues.
  • Black Hammer Age of Doom #11 - I haven't enjoyed Age of Doom as Much of, well, most else of Black Hammer, but I'm still excited to see what's next.
  • DCeased #3 - More zombie DC heroes, plz.
  • Dreaming #11 - This arc is so fucking good. Can't wait to see where we go next.
  • Green Lantern #9 - How does Morrison keep getting away with it!?
  • Sea of Stars - A Jason Aaron Space Trucker adventure sounds great to me.
  • Space Bandits #1 - It's Millar, so everyone's already thinking it: "I'm going to regret this, aren't I?"
  • Immortal Hulk #20 - Have a heart.
  • Uncanny X-Men #21 - Hickman.

May 24, 2019
I posted my list last week when some crumb bum said it'll be a bad week, but here ya go.

BLACK HAMMER AGE OF DOOM #11
DEATHSTROKE #45
DOOM PATROL WEIGHT OF THE WORLDS #1
DREAMING #11
GREEN LANTERN #9
IMMORTAL HULK #20
JUSTICE LEAGUE #27
LOIS LANE #1
SUPERMAN UP IN THE SKY #1
SEA OF STARS #1
WILD STORM #24
WORLD OF BLACK HAMMER ENCYCLOPEDIA ONE-SHOT (maybe)

Killer week.

I like this arc with Doomsday, but I'm still in the process of figuring out if Superman is for me.

Seriously, read the other book.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Since it's black hammer week (again), I guess I should finally catch up to black hammer

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CROWDED #7

DCEASED #3
DOOM PATROL WEIGHT OF THE WORLDS #1
FEMALE FURIES #6
GREEN LANTERN #9
LOIS LANE #1
WILD STORM #24

IMMORTAL HULK #20

May 24, 2019
Is that the Rebirth book by Gleason / Tomasi?

Ya. I'd also read the Lois and Clark miniseries which came before Rebirth. It focuses on the time they'd been secretly hiding out before New 52 Superman died. It's also by Jurgens, but I liked it much more than Action.
The Superman Convergence tie-in issues where Jon is born are great too, but you have to get a bunch of other crap in the trade it comes in.
The whole Superfam being from another continuity deal is now out of continuity it's self, but it's still good.

edit: Most importantly, Superdadbeard.
LELPDhZ.jpg[img]

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like this arc with Doomsday, but I'm still in the process of figuring out if Superman is for me. I've never traditionally been big on the character, but I do like some of his supporting characters.

I'll buck with trends and recommend you read the rest of Rebirth Action. The first volume (which is pretty much just one big Doomsday fight) is pretty bad, but it improves a lot from there. It's not as "ambitious" as the Rebirth Superman book - it's essentially just a series of various team-ups and villain fights - but it's kind of a greatest hits album of Superman characters. It also plays with a lot of ethical Superman questions as it goes along which I enjoyed.

In general it doesn't have the same high highs as the Tomasi/Gleason run but it also doesn't completely derail by the end so, as a whole, I prefer it.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK CROWDED IS BACK

Hickman who?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
All caught up with Witchfinder. That was a great series, very entertaining and with lots of cool nods to future continuity. I wouldn't mind more minis.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I dont like is the amnesia angle they use with the main character. But that aspect will probably get better once things start coming together.

I think there was a pretty decent 'existential' twist on that whole thing. Try it out. I rather enjoyed all the world building. O'Malley could have a good go at creating some new capes.

About to start reading the Laundry Files series next. I am a sucker for urban fantasy.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So contacted Amazon UK today, regarding the Batman omni vol 2, and Amazon had taken too many pre orders, which is really bad. Anyway cancelled it with them as they don't have an eta, and the best they could say was Mid-July beginning of August.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Ya. I'd also read the Lois and Clark miniseries which came before Rebirth. It focuses on the time they'd been secretly hiding out before New 52 Superman died. It's also by Jurgens, but I liked it much more than Action.
The Superman Convergence tie-in issues where Jon is born are great too, but you have to get a bunch of other crap in the trade it comes in.
The whole Superfam being from another continuity deal is now out of continuity it's self, but it's still good.

edit: Most importantly, Superdadbeard.
LELPDhZ.jpg[img]

Yea, all this was great. I almost wish more time was spent with them in hiding with Supes helping in the shadows. Though the two Supes runs in Rebirth are both good(Though I have only read the first two OHC volumes and haven't kept up beyond)

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing new - still enjoying X books I missed over the years.

Read a bit more of Carey's run.

Read Emma Frost X-Men Black.

Might read Cullen Bunn's Magneto.

If anyone has any other suggestions for good stuff I may have missed, I'm all ears.

I have them on my reading to-do list, but the whole Kyle/Yost run around the time of Remender's X-Force is highly loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.