• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I'm glad I don't have to follow the shitshow that is American politics

but then again my country's politics are also fucked up, oh well

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Kotobukiya Wonder Woman vs Cheetah:

SDCC-2019-Koto-DC-058.jpg

Batman vs Joker:

SDCC-2019-Koto-DC-046.jpg

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody here loves Wally West. DiDio spoke about Barry Allen in Flash Year One. "We're gonna put Wally through the ringer," said DiDio talking about Flash Forward, an upcoming Wally West story that will "lead into a big event next year."

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
DiDio would go on to say, "You thought it was bad when Wally killed half a dozen people, well, wait until he gets a taste for genocide."

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DC editorial is currently working on an official timeline of the DC Universe "so that we have a better understanding of how are characters interconnect and fall in their relationships with each other," said DiDio.
"The failing of the New 52 was that we didn't take the time to figure this stuff out."

I mean that was one reason the New 52 sucked

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, is that why Doomsday Clock is taking so long? They are trying to figure this stuff out before putting in print?

They hired someone to read through every single issue and do something similar before Crisis on Infinite Earths. Took him like 2 years or something.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand how they plan to fit everything in a timeline given how much they've played with it and going by what people who know them better than me have said what's actually in continuity for characters like Black Canary is super confusing.

Oh man, is that why Doomsday Clock is taking so long? They are trying to figure this stuff out before putting in print?

They hired someone to read through every single issue and do something similar before Crisis on Infinite Earths. Took him like 2 years or something.
Imagine being paid to read all of New 52.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

He should've taken another year, continuity was still fucked. See: Zero Hour.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That makes too much sense

I don't really understand how they plan to fit everything in a timeline given how much they've played with it and going by what people who know them better than me have said what's actually in continuity for characters like Black Canary is super confusing.

Oh there's no way they can, their continuity is such a mess at this point. I hope they publish this timeline, it'll be hilarious to see how they try to smash everything in

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Really pumped for the new BTAS action figure line. The idea of redesigning characters that were never on the show in Timm's style is so awesome I'm surprised they didnt do it sooner.

May 24, 2019
I love the complications of DC history.
I think things like Hypertime and Convergence (the possibilities it left, not the story it's self) are really noble efforts to embrace that wildness, but in the end the thought to tighten things up always shuts em down.
Tightened continuity always breaks, though. You can't contain the history. It's too much fun for creators to explore.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I love the complications of DC history.
I think things like Hypertime and Convergence (the possibilities it left, not the story it's self) are really noble efforts to embrace that wildness, but in the end the thought to tighten things up always shuts em down.
Tightened continuity always breaks, though. You can't contain the history. It's too much fun for creators to explore.

I see where you're going but to be honest I think DC fucked the Legion out of relevance by futzing about too much with their history. Now there's three different groups of Legion fans and that book will likely never attain the same popularity without a radical reboot or an amazing film and cartoon.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

The next issue of Shazam was just pushed out 10 weeks. Maybe the problem is that Johns is too busy producing movies to work on comics?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Bendis ain't got the juice like that no more. This ain't Avengers: Disassembled.

The next issue of Shazam was just pushed out 10 weeks. Maybe the problem is that Johns is too busy producing movies to work on comics?

Yeah this is absurd. If you can't keep up then pick one. Shazam is great but DC being off schedule...man. Can you imagine if at one point Hickman was going to write Legion but passed because they were too busy waiting on DC to finish up??

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Bendis ain't got the juice like that no more. This ain't Avengers: Disassembled.

Yeah this is absurd. If you can't keep up then pick one. Shazam is great but DC being off schedule...man. Can you imagine if at one point Hickman was going to write Legion but passed because they were too busy waiting on DC to finish up??
I'd have a strong desire to throttle Johns, Didio, and Lee if that is indeed how it happened. Johns needs to decide if he wants to do film/TV or comics because it's clear that he can't do both.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Downloading books on my tablet with the CMX app takes way too long. Wish there was a way to download them on my pc then transfer them or something. The wifi here sucks.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'd have a strong desire to throttle Johns, Didio, and Lee if that is indeed how it happened. Johns needs to decide if he wants to do film/TV or comics because it's clear that he can't do both.

Hickman on X-Men or Legion was the talk for a long while. In fact, for certain at one point Hickman was teasing working at DC and "ruining their universe".

And I agree. I thought Johns was becoming too flighty a decade ago, trying to balance multiple comics at once. It's clear now it's a bigger problem than ever.

I bet he's working more on Three Jokers to tie into the film, too.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Want to bite on one more sale. Anyone here ever read the late 90s series Resurrection Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.