• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
@weaboos, is the Elfen Lied anime a billion times better than the manga? Because that was crazy popular when i was a kid and all the gifs I've seen make it seem pretty well animated and directed while the manga is legit shiet.
It's pain

I mean it's good but like

It's pain
This is was what I was hoping for.

Uncanny X-Men - Hickman
Astonishing X-Men - Kelly Thompson
X-Factor - Tom Taylor
X-Force - Ed Brisson
New X-Men - Leah Williams
Wolverine - Hickman
HaHAH

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Low and Black Science hardcovers from the Prime Day sale. Damn, I'd forgotten how much bigger Remender's deluxe books are compared to normal OHCs.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Wolverine needs a good solo though. Like it or not, he's a big draw. Plus I'd enjoy a good Wolverine book these days.

Sure, but an editor that would put Hickman on that of all people isn't very good at his job.

There's definitely room to do a good run though. He's popular enough on his own that I think you could give him a spin like Hawkeye or Immortal Hulk and have a big success.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Black Science has become such a chore to read. I really do not care about any of these characters or anything that is going on in this book. I'd totally drop it but I'm so close to the end that I can't stop now. Just gotta keep muscling through it.

Scalera's art sure is perty though.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wolverine needs a good solo though. Like it or not, he's a big draw. Plus I'd enjoy a good Wolverine book these days.

When's the last time there was a good, normal Wolverine solo book? Like, no old man stuff, no alternate universes, no X-23, no team-ups, just Wolverine killing ninjas and stuff. It has to be at least like 10 years, right? Probably Aaron's run?

I know he was dead for a while but it does seem weird there hasn't been a decent, regular Wolverine book for so long.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When's the last time there was a good, normal Wolverine solo book? Like, no old man stuff, no alternate universes, no X-23, no team-ups, just Wolverine killing ninjas and stuff. It has to be at least like 10 years, right? Probably Aaron's run?

I know he was dead for a while but it does seem weird there hasn't been a decent, regular Wolverine book for so long.
For a lone wolf hes a hard character to give a decent solo to that wont seem "been there done that".

Maybe solo wolverine space ventures?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Doom helped with her birth and was the one who named her.
He is a close family friend.

Friend? But...he's evil. No one else in the family wants him alive.

Oh, this is one of those crazy ass comic book things because no one can just have a kid

She was revealed to be the second, unborn child of Reed and Sue Richards, whom Sue had seemingly miscarried years before,[8] and who had originally been named Valerie Meghan Richards.[9] Under the guidance of Roma, Franklin had used his powers to save the child, taking her from her native reality and sending her "someplace else" where she was raised by another Invisible Woman who had married a heroic Doctor Doom after the death of her first husband. As the FF went up against the cosmic menace of Abraxas, she was summoned by Roma and fulfilled her purpose by merging her powers with Franklin and reconstituting Galactus to stop Abraxas. In the restructuring of reality that ensued, Valeria was regressed to a fetus within Sue's womb once again, on the cusp of being born.[10]

Also, this is like a Red Meat strip

12d1b86f-3526-443f-97skp3.jpeg

dcbf0170-045e-4830-8blkz7.jpeg

Last edited:

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Black Science has become such a chore to read. I really do not care about any of these characters or anything that is going on in this book. I'd totally drop it but I'm so close to the end that I can't stop now. Just gotta keep muscling through it.

Scalera's art sure is perty though.

I couldn't agree more. I loved it for the first dozen. It's really become tedious. Should have been 12 issues. Really takes a dive.

Remender really wanted to do the fantastic four. It's like a dark FF tale.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else up for an X-Men Avatar Bet Game? Pick the six X-Men titles you think will be announced on Saturday. Whoever gets the most right gets to pick X-Men character avatars for the losers (tied winners split the picks). Losers have to keep the avatars for as many of the X-titles they got wrong (ex. Got all six wrong? Keep the avatar until the end of HoX/PoX).

I'll keep track of who's participating. People can be free to change their picks up until the announcement Saturday, July 20 @ 1:45 PM PT. Bet will go on whether there are 2, 10, or however many participants.

I'll even go first:

1. Uncanny X-Men
2. New Mutants
3. X-Force
4. Wolverine
5. Cable
6. X

I totally expect to get like, 1 or 2 right at best.

Notes: Please explicitly say you're in. Adjectives matter - no half credit.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man: Life Story #1 - ★★★★☆
So after I've seen so many talk about this limited series, I had no excuse skipping it when issue #1 is only €0.89 in the SDCC sale. And damn I'm liking this a lot. So I guess it's a kind of retelling by Chip Zdarsky, but updating it, telling it with a brisk pace and setting it to actual real-life historical events. It's interesting to see him dealing with his own responsibility when it comes to the Vietnam War, and how Steve Rogers sees it and chooses to do. And it's just such a nice thing to get to revisit beloved characters like Flash, Betty, Gwen, Harry, Osborn, Aunt May and JJJ. I felt like I was back in my childhood, and it felt so good. Now I just want to buy the rest of the issues instantly, but I'll probably wait for a sale, cause this SDCC sale has burnt a serious hole in my wallet already.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What if we think there will be new titles? Do we say new title or make something up?

Yup! Make something up. Specific names only. If there are only new titles, then pretty much everyone's guaranteed to lose except the one person who took the risk.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else up for an X-Men Avatar Bet Game? Pick the six X-Men titles you think will be announced on Saturday. Whoever gets the most right gets to pick X-Men character avatars for the losers (tied winners split the picks). Losers have to keep the avatars for as many of the X-titles they got wrong (ex. Got all six wrong? Keep the avatar until the end of HoX/PoX).

I'll keep track of who's participating. People can be free to change their picks up until the announcement Saturday, July 20 @ 1:45 PM PT. Bet will go on whether there are 2, 10, or however many participants.

I'll even go first:

1. Uncanny X-Men
2. New Mutants
3. X-Force
4. Wolverine
5. Cable
6. X

We don't honor avatar bets here apparently

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Why does Valeria call Doom, "uncle Doom"?
Val is the still born daughter of Mr. And Mrs. Fantastic, that due to her brother Frankelin became the daughter of a Sue and Doom in an alternate universe before regressing and being born to 616 sue. However due to the initial problem that happened in the first place, Johnny called to Doom for help and Doom helped ensure Val was able to live and be born in this reality.

Or in less words: Comics are god damn weird

sven

Oct 31, 2017

I'll even go first:

1. Uncanny X-Men
2. New Mutants
3. X-Force
4. Wolverine
5. Cable
6. X

I'm in.

Sticking with the traditional....

Uncanny X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
X-Factor
X-Force
New Mutants
Wolverine

Status
Not open for further replies.