• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The stuff with Weapon II and Weapon VI today were really smart.

I saw the listing for this book last week and they finally announced it. I'm guessing this is supposed to be a Halloween horror type story and will lead into a team book from Brisson.

Some of the covers give me a The Last of Us vibe.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I've never failed on Mondo. I got all the Young Animal posters including both regular and variant Shade the changing girl.

I also have this but that was bought by a member here for me at the gallery.

PCC_Harley_Ivy_Reg_Sm_1024x1024.png

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
YES

Tokyo Ghoul: re got added to the SJ app. I knew there was a reason I held off buying the last two volumes from CMX.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Last Stop - My local shop has some very manga-esque comics that a local high school comic book club put together. They originally released them as a "Jump" style anthology for like $2 a pop, and now normal sized single issues for $5 each. They're amateur of course, but the graphic design and art and general presentation is all surprisingly solid. The one I got was about a girl who wakes up on a train, and doesn't remember where it's going, and can't get off; turns out it's the train everyone takes when they sleep (to get from "today" to "tomorrow"), but she's doesn't have "tomorrow," and the conductor stays with her until the last stop.

It's like 10 pages and very ham-fisted but I don't regret grabbing it. Proceeds go directly to the kids, too, which is nice.

Batman #74 - Did not expect "that one fucked up storybook" to make a reappearance, but it worked here. Good story, good art, liked the cliffhanger ending and I'm looking forward to #75.

Wonder Twins #6 - I was wondering how Russell was going to talk his way out of the "wait a minute this plan sounds like a great idea" problem, and I was refreshingly surprised that he just didn't! Yeah, Scrambler and Polly make some great points and while you can't really stay on their side because of the obvious fallout (and the very clearly telegraphed "the worst people in the world will still manage to wiggle their way out of it" bit with Lex), you can't blame them either. I think Wonder Twins in general is a great case for why preventative heroism is just a band-aid on structural problems. Glad we're getting another six issues!

War of the Realms Omega - You know, "Omega" issues are always a waste of time but I still read them anyways. I did like the framing device with Daredevil and Heimdall, and it's nice owning the "first appearance" for Jane Valkyrie, but completely skippable otherwise.

Thor #15 - Now this was good! Thor charting a course forward, Odin showing a bit of character development to an appropriate degree, and the final fate of Malekith... which I really loved. Was worried they were going to go TOO dark with it, but nope, I should have known it would be something like that.

Invisible Woman #1 - I love Sue so I had to pick this up... and while I do like the premise, the art and general vibe didn't click with me. Will probably wait for the trade.

Immortal Hulk #20 - I'm a week late here but, you know, holy shit, wow, Immortal Hulk is crazy, you know. In particular I found the brief scene in "Hell" to be incredibly interesting, lore-wise, and deeply unnerving.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really like where the story is going, it's just taking its damn sweet time getting there.

I will always be salty that King got his last 15 issues punted to a miniseries, but for real: if the dude wasn't convinced he was getting 100+ issues we would have had his whole story wrapped up by 75, not a doubt in my mind. The pacing was already iffy in the first half, but the past year or so has been on another level.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Giant Sized X-Statix is the epilogue I have been waiting for for a decade. It's brilliant from beginning to end.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I will always be salty that King got his last 15 issues punted to a miniseries, but for real: if the dude wasn't convinced he was getting 100+ issues we would have had his whole story wrapped up by 75, not a doubt in my mind. The pacing was already iffy in the first half, but the past year or so has been on another level.

Post wedding has been a slog. And I've enjoyed parts for sure. But pacing has been shit. Cause what all has happened? A trial, Nightwing getting the personality shot out of him (seriously fuck Ric), Penguin going snitch, Knightmares, and now Daddy fights. All that in 24 issues? The fuck?

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Messi pls. Share more figures here because I refuse to go into the figure thread. A thread full of hentai perverts.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Bought some new issues for the first time in quite a while. Got Miles Morales #8 and ASM #25. Not caught up with either books (never started Miles and the last I read for ASM was volume 2) but the solicits made them sound like pretty good jumping points and I really wanted the Miles cover. That said I kinda (but not really) regret reading Miles because that was hella stressful and unsettling.

I'm so damn worried for Miles. It hurt to see him go through all of that only to end up still trapped.

I was able to follow ASM pretty well despite not having read the issues between volume 2 and #25, though finding out that Hunted was about Kraven gathering animal-themed villains to fight Spidey was amusing. I had just finished reading Spider-Man: Blue the other day (Loeb + Sale = <3) and it had Kraven sending animal-themed villains to fight Spidey too. Fun coincidence.

Does Marvel Unlimited include issues from the current ASM run? Considering subscribing to that or trying out Comixology Unlimited. I know the latter doesn't have the ASM issues I wanna read, but it does have plenty of other books I'd like to try.
Tokyo Ghoul: re got added to the SJ app. I knew there was a reason I held off buying the last two volumes from CMX.
Oh? Even :re? I thought they were only adding the original series. Might sub again to read it then.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh? Even :re? I thought they were only adding the original series. Might sub again to read it then.
They literally just added it. I got a push notification on my tablet. They're up to 122, which is current with the print releases. I don't know what the future release schedule looks like, but I'm glad it all got added.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Bought some new issues for the first time in quite a while. Got Miles Morales #8 and ASM #25. Not caught up with either books (never started Miles and the last I read for ASM was volume 2) but the solicits made them sound like pretty good jumping points and I really wanted the Miles cover. That said I kinda (but not really) regret reading Miles because that was hella stressful and unsettling.

I'm so damn worried for Miles. It hurt to see him go through all of that only to end up still trapped.

I was able to follow ASM pretty well despite not having read the issues between volume 2 and #25, though finding out that Hunted was about Kraven gathering animal-themed villains to fight Spidey was amusing. I had just finished reading Spider-Man: Blue the other day (Loeb + Sale = <3) and it had Kraven sending animal-themed villains to fight Spidey too. Fun coincidence.

Does Marvel Unlimited include issues from the current ASM run? Considering subscribing to that or trying out Comixology Unlimited. I know the latter doesn't have the ASM issues I wanna read, but it does have plenty of other books I'd like to try.

Marvel Unlimited is all of Marvel's line on a six month delay. The first 12 issues of ASM are currently up.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not like any of us go to Manga OT and say "man, when Doomsday Clock?"

We've been a community like this for a long time. Not just manga but movies, video games, Olivia wilde.. Just pop culture shit. It's not so serious.

The crossover between people who read both is sizable.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've been a community like this for a long time. Not just manga but movies, video games, Olivia wilde.. Just pop culture shit. It's not so serious.

The crossover between people who read both is sizable.

I'm fine with it because it saves on how many OTs I need to follow.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when this thread was only about figures and Overwatch. It was so pure back then. 😔

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Manga is a type of comics, so it makes sense to talk about manga.

Very expensive figures are also a type of comics.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
One of us needs to build up some courage and talk about Batman in the Manga thread. It'll be like bridging North and South Korea.

DapperGoop

Jan 14, 2018
I've always wondered what writers at Marvel must feel when the series they're working on is essentially put on hold because of an event. God forbid the character they're writing now has to be a major player in said event. Like how often does that just fuck up the story they were planning on telling.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when this thread was only about figures and Overwatch. It was so pure back then. 😔
God glad its not anymore. Both of those things are time wastes I don't care for.

I don't know, I love the joking jib nature of this ot and how everyone obivously deeply cares for what they're talking about it but shit talks it. But then randomly for page has some deep ass anyalzing of a book or issue.

Then back to jibbing on the medium.

I mean its all just a way to pitch tv series now anyways, like manga is for pitching anime.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Event Leviathan has been pretty good so far. Bendis writes a great Plastic Man, and his Jason Todd isn't too bad either.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I've always wondered what writers at Marvel must feel when the series they're working on is essentially put on hold because of an event. God forbid the character they're writing now has to be a major player in said event. Like how often does that just fuck up the story they were planning on telling.

I'm sure Kate Leth would tell us.

Status
Not open for further replies.