• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsales

Oct 27, 2017
Man so much to process here.

Should have WB just taken the L after BvS and not filmed JL? I know they would have lost 100+mil but they got the worst outcome now.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Karma kept back around to Paramount when they had to delay production of MI6 regardless.

And hopefully that bit about dropping Kiersey Clemons is some bullshit. Get Flash made before they replace everyone.

Oct 25, 2017
Man so much to process here.

Should have WB just taken the L after BvS and not filmed JL? I know they would have lost 100+mil but they got the worst outcome now.
There should've never been a Justice League movie this early in the first place. I don't know why they rushed it. Just take your time and build your universe with the tone of Wonder Woman.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
You think the execs would get fired if I start a rumor on reddit that the movie was more focused on Cyborg but the WB executives got cold feet about their lead being a black man in hoodie and made Snyder change it?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol paramount fucked them with that moustache thing for sure

Why this movie wasn't delayed makes no sense. But then next year is packed to the brim with even more threatening comic shit

Eh what does it matter, WB demanded a hard two-hour limit. Cavill's upper lip not looking like play-doe isn't gonna make the movie better.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
There should've never been a Justice League movie this early in the first place. I don't know why they rushed it. Just take your time and build your universe with the tone of Wonder Woman.
Exactly. Not a damn one of us would have blamed them for taking their time with everything instead of trying to make their own Avengers competitor quickly, which was always going to affect its quality

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
During my second watch you can tell what is a Whedon shot and what is Snyder's if you pay attention to the light. It's real obvious during Supes vs JL fight scene

Microsales

Oct 27, 2017
Geoff wasn't on JL much right it was WW and Aquaman mostly right? Because I'm not sure who to fire right now. Kevin must be gone for sure.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Really? I'm glad your hopeful because I'm really worried.

For the most part DC films are big consistent money makers for WB in a time when their other big consistent money maker is an every other year Harry Potter spin-off. Justice League is definitely falling short of expectations but even so isn't on the level of WB's own failures like King Arthur or Geostorm.

Either way, they have to be careful with Batman and Superman not to continue diminishing the brand. It's not quite Batman&Robin yet, but they don't want to get there.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
For the most part DC films are big consistent money makers for WB in a time when their other big consistent money maker is an every other year Harry Potter spin-off. Justice League is definitely falling short of expectations but even so isn't on the level of WB's own failures like King Arthur or Geostorm.

Either way, they have to be careful with Batman and Superman not to continue diminishing the brand. It's not quite Batman&Robin yet, but they don't want to get there.

Good points you make sir. But still you say its not quite B&R levels and I agree these are way way way better movies but the internet would have you thinking otherwise.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Really? I'm glad your hopeful because I'm really worried.
It's definitely worse than "less than stellar" box office, but otherwise I do agree. There will/should be changes behind the scenes, even if it's only the inevitable full exits of Snyder and Affleck, but in terms of big films you shouldn't fear. The Batman is going to happen, Suicide Squad 2 is going to happen, Wonder Woman 2 is going to happen, Aquaman won't be meddled with, Flashpoint, Shazam, and likely MoS2 and another Harley film will happen.

Everything else on the list has to be questionable at best, and Cyborg is obviously dead

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
Geoff wasn't on JL much right it was WW and Aquaman mostly right? Because I'm not sure who to fire right now. Kevin must be gone for sure.
As far as we know, Geoff didn't get his role until after the script for JL was finished and principal photography had already begun. There are shots of him on set, so he did get a little bit of input in, at least. He probably played a significant role in post-production, however.

He was involved from the beginning on Wonder Woman. He worked with Patty on the script and was on set a hell of a lot. Wan and Momoa had already been hired for their Aquaman roles before he was promoted, but he and Wan re-wrote the story and brought in a new screenwriter afterward.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely worse than "less than stellar" box office, but otherwise I do agree. There will/should be changes behind the scenes, even if it's only the inevitable full exits of Snyder and Affleck, but in terms of big films you shouldn't fear. The Batman is going to happen, Suicide Squad 2 is going to happen, Wonder Woman 2 is going to happen, Aquaman won't be meddled with, Flashpoint, Shazam, and likely MoS2 and another Harley film will happen.

Everything else on the list has to be questionable at best, and Cyborg is obviously dead
Aquaman won't be meddled with LOL you can bet your ass WB will be in full panic mode after they see the JL numbers.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017

Some positivity in here for once.

Naw thatsso good. This guy deserves to have a cyborg movie.

This is the studio that still wants to do Akira for some weird reason.

Ugh... such a bad idea.

I doubt they are going for a DCCU at this point though so who knows how all those can or will be reworked.

I hope your right though, maybe in a few years a JL2 ( assuming the rest goes ahead) will be a saving grace.. I just wish this was a celebration for the first time the JL has been together on screen.

RupertM

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
My one observation - all of the raw footage looks to be in exemplary almost 4k quality. Why does the finished film look so murky and blurry almost?

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Ah, so that explains Alfred in the trailer. I would have loved to see him speak to Superman so I hope it's back in an extended edition.

Then all that messed up stuff on the moustache/beard whatever. Whilst Superman was my highlight in this film (it's funny the least credited characters for the film are my highlights. JL is Superman and BvS is Wonder Woman and now I'm so really hoping Cavill appears in Shazam), I would have appreciated it if he didn't have a strange face at times. So they should have had better timing on this and perhaps even delayed the film to next year so they could film him cleanly shaved (and probably so it isn't slotted right between Thor and Star Wars).

Last edited:

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You could not pay me to watch suicide squad again.

Just thinking of the movie makes me angry.
jared-leto-joker-gif-5.gif

RupertM

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
They might have been shot with different cameras.

I think you somehow lose resolution when converting to a DI and doing the FX and color grading and stuff. I first noticed this on the 300 blu ray where they included the entire film in blue screen mode as a supplement. I looked at the footage and thought it was in spectacular quality but the finished film looked much grainer and not as sharp as the original footage.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Strangely enough, I have a feeling Justice League is going to be talked about a lot more than we would have imagined a straightforward action blockbuster would be, but not for the most pleasant of reasons. There's been a ton of drama and speculation in the last week alone and humorously enough I think it's still going in a positive direction and turn from how it was last year...

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still liked Justice League and i'm eager to see it again come Monday, but man these reshoots were worst case scenario. I assumed we were getting a rouge one at the very least ,

Status
Not open for further replies.