• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Audiences made it clear that they don't want to see these heroes as assholes, they shouldn't try something like this

Yeah, I always scratch my head when people suggest doing Flashpoint. I mean we just got WW's heroism down. I don't think people are ready to see her chopping off heads and hanging Steve Trevor to death.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
The thing I hated the most about the way JL handwaved story was Clark's return.

How in the hell was he able to just come back happily to the planet? They ran an article about him dying at the same time with Superman, and now are they going to run a story about his return at the same time as Superman's?

Terrio surely wrote a good explanation. But Whedon.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I always scratch my head when people suggest doing Flashpoint. I mean we just got WW's heroism down. I don't think people are ready to see her chopping off heads and hanging Steve Trevor to death.

I think it's too early for Flashpoint - there isn't enough familiarity with the characters for darker versions to contrast well - but Warner Bros. and Geoff Johns seem keen. I just think that, if it is going to happen, it seems like a project Zack Snyder's sensibilities would be well suited for.

INST

Nov 2, 2017

How in the hell was he able to just come back happily to the planet? They ran an article about him dying at the same time with Superman, and now are they going to run a story about his return at the same time as Superman's?

Man, Whedon keeps you up at nights doesn't he.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Probably the same as the comics, injured in metropolis rubble had amnesia.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
I think it's too early for Flashpoint - there isn't enough familiarity with the characters for darker versions to contrast well - but Warner Bros. and Geoff Johns seem keen. I just think that, if it is going to happen, it seems like a project Zack Snyder's sensibilities would be well suited for.

At this point WB would rather give these characters to an unknown on the streets than Snyder.

bishopcruz

Oct 25, 2017

Whedon didn't care about internal consistency in the movie at all. I mean it was obvious from the opening scene with the para-demon. That scene was cool, but it made no sense. It also makes the next scene, where Bruce goes to meet Arthur just seem weird. I mean, look at the visual language of Bruce arriving. From the first trailer I knew that Bruce on the horse was probably going to be the first time we saw him in the movie. It makes sense, he's spent months trying to track down Aquaman, he has a beard, and is in a barely surviving fishing village. With Whedon's changes it seems like he grew a beard in like a day flew up north, then flew back.

There is also the problem of Cyborg's origin, which was totally screwed up in JL, also in a Whedon scene. The accident had to have happened at least a couple of weeks before Superman's death, and the mother box was already at least somewhat active at that point. In JL it happened AFTER Superman died, and if you look at the footage, there is a lot more of Victor left when he's being created, like he has a full torso. That was NOT the case before. It was a change for no good reason, just that Joss had no care at all for continuity.

Which is probably my biggest issue. Say what you will about Snyder, but he has a great eye for detail. That's what was missing here. I still like JL, quite a bit. And hey, some of Whedon's additions were great, but I would have loved to have seen Snyder's cut, with just enough of the Whedon character work to keep the dialogue fresh.

Probably the same as the comics, injured in metropolis rubble had amnesia.

The thing is they buried an actual body. One that was seen by friends and family. Then again, I thought the funeral for Clark was a BAD idea in how it was handled in BvS, one of my least favorite parts in that movie, especially when looking at what it would do to the lore going forward.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Going to miss those epic walks.
4683947-3802214690-2015-.gif

Probably the best shot of Superman in the trilogy.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WB didnt mess with wonder woman, it didn't mess with blade runner it didn't mess with Nolan movies it didn't mess with mad max, the few times they have is green lantern and recent 2 Snyder movies. They only seem to interfere when test screenings are bad

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4683947-3802214690-2015-.gif

Probably the best shot of Superman in the trilogy.
and here is the Cruz of Snyder issues. He's doesn't know how to build a scene beyond an epic shot. This is why the trailers in his movies are so good

I believe the issue with Snyder is that he had a visual on a great shot and builds off a scene from that rather than focus on making the scene good and Inserting an epic shot

Last edited:

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot they actually had a full on public funeral for Clark and everything.

That is such a gaping plothole to have him back alive at his old job without any explanation. I doubt Whedon cared though.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
ixXuh1u.jpg

I know its nothing new... But it still hurts to see.

Snyder to me creates epic scale in his imagery that you don't often see in action film, if that makes sense, I often find it hard to use a better descriptor.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DCEU phase one will go down as one of the biggest self inflicted disasters in film history. There is going to be some really interesting tell-all's about this mess years from now.

When Synder feels free to talk about what went down on JL...it's going to be really really interesting. It is clearer and clearer by the day he didn't happy step down and let Whedon take over directing huge chunks of the film.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said. Put it behind you and go forward. BvS and SS opened bigger, but they still suffered the same issues as JL. WW proved right how less meddling and the new direction can work.

Let the writers and journalists do their hot takes. WB needs to go radio silent. Aquaman is finished. Focus on making that the best product it can be. Come with a plan at Comic Con and market the hell outta Aquaman.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DCEU phase one will go down as one of the biggest self inflicted disasters in film history. There is going to be some really interesting tell-all's about this mess years from now.

When Synder feels free to talk about what went down on JL...it's going to be really really interesting. It is clearer and clearer by the day he didn't happy step down and let Whedon take over directing huge chunks of the film.

But it also doesn't matter because it would have been bad, possibly worse anyway. There was little good there. Snyderverse failed well before this.

WB need to forget these films exist and move on. No call backs, no plot threads, dump it, take some characters, actors if you must and make better films. SS, MoS, BvS, JL are the past with no connection to the future.

Last edited:

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Like I said. Put it behind you and go forward. BvS and SS opened bigger, but they still suffered the same issues as JL. WW proved right how less meddling and the new direction can work.

Let the writers and journalists do their hot takes. WB needs to go radio silent. Aquaman is finished. Focus on making that the best product it can be. Come with a plan at Comic Con and market the hell outta Aquaman.

I think your right sir. Man the takes are going to be coming in hot for sure.. gonna be a horrible news cycle.

Oct 25, 2017
I think your right sir. Man the takes are going to be coming in hot for sure.. gonna be a horrible news cycle.

No doubt. The worst take is going to be how WB needs to have 4 solo movies to set up a universe. When that's not even the case. They just need to focus on good fimmaking and good storytelling. I think that's the biggest issue with the movies. The filmmaking is good and the storytelling is lacking.

You fix those and you fix majority of the issues. We haven't heard any production issues with Aquaman and I doubt WB will be reactionary there. Just market it, show some cool underwater battles and people will show up.

It's not like they have a huge slate of movies coming out. Next year is Aquaman and after that is WW2 which was moved up to miss Star Wars. Outside of that you have a Batman movie which isn't coming anytime soon. I mean you do have various projects floating around but I doubt they are ready to move forward.

Oct 25, 2017
The coming months are gonna be..interesting within the fandom.

Snyder vs Whedon, who fucked up the most, what will WB do next, will Ezra ever learn how to run, Is "thirsty" the new "Martha"?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Man... We have to wait 13 months now for the next DC film. This is gonna be a year full of rumors, manufactured drama, clickbait headlines, and snark. They better hope to god that Johns can set this ship right. It really should be Geoff and Patty moving forward with the vision.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Man... We have to wait 13 months now for the next DC film. This is gonna be a year full of rumors, manufactured drama, clickbait headlines, and snark. They better hope to god that Johns can set this ship right. It really should be Geoff and Patty moving forward with the vision.

Nah. Snyder is gone. People will lay off these movies now.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still want to live in the world where Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer were tasked with shaping the DCEU.

gunpey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
and here is the Cruz of Snyder issues. He's doesn't know how to build a scene beyond an epic shot. This is why the trailers in his movies are so good

I believe the issue with Snyder is that he had a visual on a great shot and builds off a scene from that rather than focus on making the scene good and Inserting an epic shot
yeah like,

When pa Kent reveals to clark he is an alien, and tells him he is still his son

Or when Clark finally meets his real father, finally revealing to him where he came from

Or superman learning to fly, failing and getting back up again.

Or Alfred learning of Batman's plan to use kryptonite, and realising the full extent of his descent

Or lex revealing to superman that he has martha, and showing that no matter what he decides to do, he will fail

Such bad scenes...except they aren't. They're great.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Snyder: "Alright guys, I can't finish this. Here are my instructions"

WB: "Yeah sure thx"

*tossing everything out the window*

Seems like they ended on bad terms, wonder how Snyders relation is with some of the actors. Cavill, Irons, Fishburne all openly dissed his work.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
You guys are assuming a lot of things about how Snyder left. If we look at what we truly know, it's that Snyder left and he wanted to completely isolate himself from the film. He specifically stated how he felt it was unfair to leave yet give instructions at the same time. That statement alone brings us to today. Whedon took over and changed what he wanted. I don't see what evidence there is to assume that he was forced out or left unhappy, unless we start assuming that he was lying in his statement, which seems a bit unfair to all parties. The only evidence we have are tweet likes.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

Some decisions from WB/Tsujihara are bizarre, like the sub two hour length mandate.

Directors signing on to these projects need to learn from Matt Reeves and hold out for creative control.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
What's with all the conspiracy theories? This dude stepped down from the film because he wanted to spend time with his family. He has explained already why he didn't come back. WB even renewed their first look real with him as soon as he stepped down.

Have some damn decency folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.