• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
really wish this track would get an official release. it's his best song in a minute
Read this:

The basic gist of it is:
  • Kanye recorded it a couple years ago, right after the 1st season of Dame's show ended.
  • Dame then gets the okay to use the track on the show and heavily teases it.
  • The episode releases, but Kanye's management/Def Jam steps in and talks about how it isn't the right time to drop it because he is not in a promo cycle for anything.
  • The producer still owns the track and everything, but he cannot release it with Kanye's vocals due to Def Jam.
  • So now, the song will either come out when Def Jam wants it to or the producer will have someone else record Kanye's bars and release that.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Young Thug is no longer essential to me, unfortunately. Hasn't been for a bit. So Much Fun is maybe his best since Jeffery, but it's not on that level, and definitely not seeing B6 or all those leaks from 2014-2016. It's 19 tracks that feels like 19 tracks, and too many of them have the same bounce, and Thugga as a presence on a track doesn't have the same spark he once did.

This is unfortunately true. Like this album is pretty decent all around. But the spark is gone. I will bump some of these tracks throughout the year but there is nothing as impactful as his earlier tracks anymore. Remember that weird ass flow he dropped on the rich gang tape; or check, or Speed Racer etc.

Good songs on here but hes stagnated. And his flow and style has been ripped off wholesale by so many rappers in the last few years. He had to innovate again and hes just not doing it

Kind of a Gucci Mane effect right now.

The outlaw has had his last ride. Rap game Unforgiven :sadyeehaw:

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
This is unfortunately true. Like this album is pretty decent all around. But the spark is gone. I will bump some of these tracks throughout the year but there is nothing as impactful as his earlier tracks anymore. Remember that weird ass flow he dropped on the rich gang tape; or check, or Speed Racer etc.

Good songs on here but hes stagnated. And his flow and style has been ripped off wholesale by so many rappers in the last few years. He had to innovate again and hes just not doing it

Kind of a Gucci Mane effect right now.

The outlaw has had his last ride. Rap game Unforgiven :sadyeehaw:

:sadyeehaw: lmao

I don't think he's washed, he made "High" last year, but I do think he plays to the level of his production, much of which hasn't been the sound Young Thug excels on. I'm not trying to hear him on heavier Future style beats. He's best on melodic synth/keyboard/guitar based stuff with room to experiment. This is why Thug and Wheezy has always been the best pairing.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
Read this:

The basic gist of it is:
  • Kanye recorded it a couple years ago, right after the 1st season of Dame's show ended.
  • Dame then gets the okay to use the track on the show and heavily teases it.
  • The episode releases, but Kanye's management/Def Jam steps in and talks about how it isn't the right time to drop it because he is not in a promo cycle for anything.
  • The producer still owns the track and everything, but he cannot release it with Kanye's vocals due to Def Jam.
  • So now, the song will either come out when Def Jam wants it to or the producer will have someone else record Kanye's bars and release that.
so it's never getting released then lol. maybe as a bonus track on Yandhi (which probably isn't even a thing anymore)

---------------------------

in other news related to mid-2000s backpack rappers:

collige

Oct 31, 2017
:sadyeehaw: lmao

I don't think he's washed, he made "High" last year, but I do think he plays to the level of his production, much of which hasn't been the sound Young Thug excels on. I'm not trying to hear him on heavier Future style beats. He's best on melodic synth/keyboard/guitar based stuff with room to experiment. This is why Thug and Wheezy has always been the best pairing.
I was thinking the same thing. The overall tempo of hip-hop has sped up since 2015/16 and I think the faster beats don't really give his voice the time to shine.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with Disco about this latest Thugger but TBH y'all are just realizing Thug has always been inconsistent during and even before the Slime Season days. I never really got the high praise for the Slime Season series TBH, those projects had a lot of those more generic trap songs y'all are talking about.

We're here for the highs, not the lows, and every third project or so we get a real good high.

Barter 6, BEAUTIFUL THUGGER GIRLS, On The Rvn, and to a lesser extent, JEFFERY are the only albums where it all came together well.

This is also his first "Studio Album" apparently, so that might have something to do with the lack of risks etc.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot is a bop but not jamming a lot of the rest of the album so far, gonna check it out more.

This ASAP Ferg album though

giphy.gif

200.gif

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Oh look here comes the Thugger slander
maybe we should go back to just talking about Drake. Look at the state of what's popular not from FreddieG *or Tyler and then talk about " thug stagnated" " no risks !", tf do some of you people even listen to

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thank god. all i could think of listening to the last Ross was 'man i miss Gunplay'
for real. Gunplay's last cycle brought an air of degeneracy that's surprisingly uncommon by modern rap standards. their last album was great so i'm pumped for this

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
So Much Fun is mostly fire, I'm fucking with it. I'd only trim like 25 percent of it off. And can someone give me the highlights of this Quality Control album, not trying to listen to all of that...

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Oh look here comes the Thugger slander
maybe we should go back to just talking about Drake. Look at the state of what's popular not from FreddieG *or Tyler and then talk about " thug stagnated" " no risks !", tf do some of you people even listen to
Yeah I'm getting a kick out of the convo.

Ooh woo.. diamonds peak-a-boo
Ooh woo.. I done fucked the crew

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
VOICES IN DEM TREEEES

edit: Gotta be the most underappreciated producers in the game.. the beats on old 3-6 stuff were so fucking wild... the bass, the creepy sounds.. the subtle tempo changes.. the synths. Man I used to obsess over this production; if you listen close they drop the bass ever so slightly partway through songs and do other subtle editing..

edit2: Also Koopsta Knicca > your favorite rapper

Last edited:

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
VOICES IN DEM TREEEES

edit: Gotta be the most underappreciated producers in the game.. the beats on old 3-6 stuff were so fucking wild... the bass, the creepy sounds.. the subtle tempo changes.. the synths. Man I used to obsess over this production; if you listen close they drop the bass ever so slightly partway through songs and do other subtle editing..

edit2: Also Koopsta Knicca > your favorite rapper

aPOBXSw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.