• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Eminem - SS LP
Eminem - MM LP - (both of them belong)
Rage Against The Machine - '' -
Metallica - The Black Album
D'Angelo - Voodoo (ya'll should be fucking ashamed for not mentioning it yet)
Fugees - The Score
Nirvana - In Utero
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
Lauryn Hill - The Misseducation of Lauryn Hill
Nirvana - Unplugged (probably the best unplugged album ever)
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Mary j Blige - My Life
NiN - The Downward Spiral
Pearl Jam - Ten
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Prince and the Revolution - Purple Rain
Nirvana - Nevermind
Marvin Gaye - What's Goin On

----------------

Can't find faults in any of the above.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Loveless
MBDTF
Alien Lanes
Midnight Marauders
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Be
Is This it
Kid A
The Queen is Dead
Tallahassee
Summertime 06

I'm pretty basic 🤷‍♂️

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty hard to not be basic honestly.

Seminal albums are seminal for a reason.

That said a lot of my favourite albums are albums I wouldn't consider perfect.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

they are, what are you gonna poke holes in? the steve berman/ken kaniff skits?

if mbdtf belongs, so does both of em's first lp's. sonicly mbdtf is amazing, but it's not that difficult to find verses that belong in the fucking trash bin instead of on that album.

let's be honest, as a writer kanye is mediocre at best.

Last edited:

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I see a lot of albums that are definitely not perfect on these lists but who am I to be the asshole to call them out lol it's all love

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Perfect Albums:

MBDTF
Murmur - R.E.M.
Reckoning - R.E.M.
Fables of The Reconstruction - R.E.M.
Lifes Rich Pageant - R.E.M.
Green - R.E.M.
Out of Time - R.E.M. (I have come around to Shiny Happy People)
Automatic For The People - R.E.M.
Repeater - FUGAZI
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Loveless
Purple Rain
Dirty Mind - Prince
So - Peter Gabriel
Voodoo
Madvilliany
Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli
Illmatic
Enter the 36 Chambers
Definitely Maybe

to name a few.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
blackstar is a great album, however talib kweli is hot trash and brings it down by a mile due to having a shit voice and being a mediocre writer.

mos def outshines him by a country mile

man, you really like r.e.m huh? i agree on automatic for the people and out of time

i can see why illmatic is held in such high regard, but i was all west coast when that album dropped so i have no nostalgia towards it, and listening to ir today it just sounds horribly dated to me for the most part.

36 chambers sound is amazing, i do think forever has aged better overall.

gotta admit i never understood the mf.doom hype at all

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
btw, respect to dude who put shape of punk to come in here, to bad it was a one-off for refused.

kinda like ratm i guess, first album is an all timer, second is meh and third doesn't even belong on a shelf with the other two

ratm's first is like the definition of riot music, if listening to that shit does not make you wanna go out and flip and burn police cars and toss pieces of concrete at riot shields something is wrong with you.

i put that shit on for every heavy bag session and then just go to fucking town on it.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
i think rap/hiphop is really difficult to put on these type of lists, due to everything being in rhyme structure and how much progression there has been over the past three decades or so. and i feel this really only apply to this particular genre, where as lyrics in all other genres you won't see or feel the ''sign o the times'' as much.

like if you'd asked me in 1999 i would have put both soul on ice and word/life on that list, but listening to them today, they just feel dated as all hell.

i do think both rtj's first offerings are pretty close to being perfect though.

i kinda feel az's do or die aged better than illmatic.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New ASAP Ferg EP:

EByCVXKXUAAtIH2

Seems like that Chris Crack x Madlib album is happening:

JPEGMAFIA teases a single from his fourth-coming Disappointment in an NSFW Twitter thirst-trap.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good lineup for Flog Gnaw. Crazy to see BH and Juice WRLD on the same level as Solange and YG, and the undercard actually looks decent.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmfao Nikki goes from 'i'm super not umad" to screaming at Joe to the point where a dog starts barking in the background in like 60 seconds

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Nicki needs help for real for real. I say that even believing she got bamboozled with the Motorsport situation, and that she's right about Joe's chatty pattiness.

Crazy that after Nicki dropped Meek we thought that was game over for him and now look at those two now.

IDK what it was, maybe Pinkprint didn't do as well as she thought it would at the time, or maybe those rumours of her implants popping and her having to spend years recovering outside of the public eye for a while were true, but man her spiral has been apparent since. It's just terrible that the rabid part of her fanbase is egging it on.

Deleted member 47092

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Nicki pulled up on Joe so hard, rory and mal stayed after for tea and crumpets.

He couldnt admit he was wrong, tried the old let me ask a question thats not related to what we're talking about.

She finished what Tax started.

Status
Not open for further replies.