• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
No coincidence that we only get exposure when Koozek's Nav gif treasure trove is deleted

Now we get to shine for the public. Only Kanye rankings and anime gifs from here on out.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
We really out here celebrating extra attention to the fuckery that goes on in this community? 👀

My Way remix is a classic.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey there, everyone.

This thread is this week's Community Spotlight :)
az51bZ3.png

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
With all of this talk of My Way Remix, we might as well.. top 3 Drake loosies? Remixes (e.g. My Way, Sweeterman) and songs that Drake gave away to artists to get them poppin' (e.g. Look Alive) count too.

1. I'm Goin' In (w/o that Jeezy verse)
2. 5AM in Toronto
3. Signs

Duppy Freestyle is up there too TBH.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also going back to the last page i'd say The Downward Spiral is also a perfect album

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and maybe the JB version of Extraordinary Machine too

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Well y'all are certainly on the road to making this thread palatable for regular Era by starting a discussion of Drake throwaways again and posting a Quavo tracklist 😴😴😴😴😴

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah after those two consecutive posts maybe i'm forced to concede that any compilation of 'perfect albums' is somewhat basic

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well y'all are certainly on the road to making this thread palatable for regular Era by starting a discussion of Drake throwaways again and posting a Quavo tracklist 😴😴😴😴😴
look those admittedly might be terrible boring topics but if they act as a citronella candle to ward off folks who sincerely think Nas is better than Jay, who am i to judge?

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
look those admittedly might be terrible boring topics but if they act as a citronella candle to ward off folks who sincerely think Nas is better than Jay, who am i to judge?

LMAO I was honestly very taken aback at how fast people were on the Nas>Jay posts and at the HOV slander in general. The amount of hits Jay has, the longevity of career/ relevance, still can tour massively... the most on point post was something to the vibe of "Who is out there just bumpin' Nas In 2019?"

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look, if you wanna be antivaxx, at least have the decency to deliver a 9/10 while you're at it.
i get where you're coming from - the antivaxxer shit is way easier to swallow when it's bookended by fantastic material as opposed to whatever the fuck Nasir was - but tbh that stuff barely raises an eyebrow to me? rap has had a deep history with skepticism/paranoia RE the government, and tbh i can get why black people might be skeptical of the US government's advice on healthcare after shit like the Tuskegee experiments

that said Nas is a total dingdong who also doesn't believe in evolution LOL

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO I was honestly very taken aback at how fast people were on the Nas>Jay posts and at the HOV slander in general. The amount of hits Jay has, the longevity of career/ relevance, still can tour massively... the most on point post was something to the vibe of "Who is out there just bumpin' Nas In 2019?"
Nas has so many terrible records, man. he has like one and a half good albums total. Jay sells out MSG when he wants to do his b-sides. what's Nas' equivalent to Hovi Baby? You Owe Me or some shit? ugh

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Nas has so many terrible records, man. he has like one and a half good albums total. Jay sells out MSG when he wants to do his b-sides. what's Nas' equivalent to Hovi Baby? You Owe Me or some shit? ugh

Yup, It's really crazy that in a genre of music where so much is what have you done for me lately, where people are so quick to write off artists as irrelevant to the current landscape, where artists bodies of work are so often pitted against each other to determine legacy... that people still talk on Nas w such unwavering reverence . Illmatic came out TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Nas might be an anti-vaxxer lunatic but Jay wrecked Dipset and DMX's careers in the 2000s

dunno what's worse

it's close

*rubs pink chinchilla*

very close

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i get where you're coming from - the antivaxxer shit is way easier to swallow when it's bookended by fantastic material as opposed to whatever the fuck Nasir was - but tbh that stuff barely raises an eyebrow to me? rap has had a deep history with skepticism/paranoia RE the government, and tbh i can get why black people might be skeptical of the US government's advice on healthcare after shit like the Tuskegee experiments
Don't get me wrong, if you're a privileged jerk whose biggest fear is an autistic child, then you deserve to get pilloried.

But considering how much terrible shit has been done to the black community by the United States government, I'm not entirely surprised that people like Gibbs and Nas who grew up in areas of poverty, violence, and broken education systems have conspiratorial views regarding institutions folks traditionally trust.

Re: Nas, I find incredibly whack that, if you remove Illmatic from the equation, Nas's most memorable track is a 4 and a half minute song that basically amounts to "lol u gay".

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
is this the thread where I can discuss the music of Nav?

also I know he's treading dangerously close to a J Cole-esque career path but Lost Boy by YBN Cordae was pretty damn good for a debut album from a young rapper. I just hope he doesn't get all preachy and embraces the ignorant side of music too.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree that Nas' discography is far far inferior than Jay's, it's just Jay never hit those heights of MCing ability for me. Yeah, Jay's got the most quotables in the game but he could never touch the highs of Nas when he's flowing. It's just so damn effortless for Nas, like it's his second nature. Jay's good, don't get me wrong, and it can be argued that his writing is more multi-layered and so on, but the rapping ability made the difference for me, and Nas is consistently more "on" than Jay is. Despite that disparity in their discographies, I'll go back to listen to a single Nas song way more often than more than one Jay song.

Also y'all saying Drake toplists are tired discussion for the general Era folk watching but talking about Nas/Jay is somehow fresher? SMDH.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Did y'all see this ? I'm not shocked because they're young but ok actually I'm actually very shocked,l because I cannot imagine my life now without Kendrick and his music . A clean sweep too smh

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Did y'all see this ? I'm not shocked because they're young but ok actually I'm actually very shocked,l because I cannot imagine my life now without Kendrick and his music . A clean sweep too smh

imagine thinking j.cole is a better artist than kendrick lamar

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
Am I going insane or is there another Gloria Carter feature - not Smile - where she's talking about Jay being a quiet kid who did well at school and took care of the family??

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they're ass. Life is Good is the one everyone pretends is good, but it actually sucks, and the rest are bonafide ass. Nas manages to put out one transcendently incredible track per album which reminds you 'oh shit, this guy kicks ass' and then it's dovetailed by some of the most boring/awful rapping you've ever heard in your life. he's the most frustrating musician on the planet. he's been clearly capable of putting out some of the most technically impressive songs i've heard for three decades yet his good song to straight up godawful song ratio is like 1:12.
Am I going insane or is there another Gloria Carter feature - not Smile - where she's talking about Jay being a quiet kid who did well at school and took care of the family??
December 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.