• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit this Tiger and Woods album is good. The new one, AOD, out now on all dsp's.

80s big disco vibes.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Did y'all see this ? I'm not shocked because they're young but ok actually I'm actually very shocked,l because I cannot imagine my life now without Kendrick and his music . A clean sweep too smh

19 year olds that were born in 2000 aren't listening to a rapper who raps about institutionalized racism and alcohol abuse.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Also Kendrick hasn't dropped a project for over two years now which may as well be a decade in the current scene. Guarantee rankings will flip after his next one (if it's good).

Either way I just can't with J.Cole's whole "Imma make some people mad but I ain't afraid to say [generic woke opinion]" shtick.

He's a talented rapper but god damn who are you talking to.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also Kendrick hasn't dropped a project for over two years now which may as well be a decade in the current scene. Guarantee rankings will flip after his next one (if it's good).

Either way I just can't with J.Cole's whole "Imma make some people mad but I ain't afraid to say [generic woke opinion]" shtick.

He's a talented rapper but god damn who are you talking to.

Literally what I've been trying to formulate about the dude for a while now

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say if IGOR didn't have Blue Magic Wand and Bandana didn't have Palmolive, those two would be perfect albums.

Yeah, I don't like Palmolive, sorry
I know it's Kane Season tho

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I really just have a hard time thinking that people are actually out here listening to J. Cole like that or they're still hanging on to the older projects like FNL like Eminem fans do.

You know what's REALLY puzzling though? People out here listening to the Dreamville artists like that or identifying with that brand. Like people are out here banging for Bas, Omen, and Coz like that? For real? The projects I've listened to from Bas and Omen are so forgettable I couldn't tell you anything about them besides that I did.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I really just have a hard time thinking that people are actually out here listening to J. Cole like that or they're still hanging on to the older projects like FNL like Eminem fans do.

You know what's REALLY puzzling though? People out here listening to the Dreamville artists like that or identifying with that brand. Like people are out here banging for Bas, Omen, and Coz like that? For real? The projects I've listened to from Bas and Omen are so forgettable I couldn't tell you anything about them besides that I did.
Most of Dreamville artists are Kendrick Lamar Saibamen, Kendrick has done everything J. Cole has done much better, Cole makes millions but he's always been in Kendrick's shadow. I'll give them Drake since he's a versatile culture vulture who has recently been in beefs and making #1 pop hits.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm worried as fuck that brockhampton isn't going to evolve or change their sound much. They'll keep putting out good shit so I cant be mad, but also I thi knk they could be more, yknow?

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017

i actually found Bas' latest album bland too, but the one before legit had some really nice songs

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm worried as fuck that brockhampton isn't going to evolve or change their sound much. They'll keep putting out good shit so I cant be mad, but also I thi knk they could be more, yknow?
I think the main issue with Brockhampton is that their record label is trying to make the production cycle behind the Saturation trilogy the new normal for them.

Kevin's basically talked about how their record deal sucks because they're expected to pump out 2-3 albums a year. Hell, the only reason he made a new solo record is because he hit a rut with their 5th LP. Aside from that, this interview with Jeremy O. Harris also talks about how there's more tension between the BH members as well as Kevin's general desire to get out of their RCA deal.

They really need to go back to a delayed production cycle for their albums because the way it is right now, they're going to flame out in a year or two.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the main issue with Brockhampton is that their record label is trying to make the production cycle behind the Saturation trilogy the new normal for them.

Kevin's basically talked about how their record deal sucks because they're expected to pump out 2-3 albums a year. Hell, the only reason he made a new solo record is because he hit a rut with their 5th LP. Aside from that, this interview with Jeremy O. Harris also talks about how there's more tension between the BH members as well as Kevin's general desire to get out of their RCA deal.

They really need to go back to a delayed production cycle for their albums because the way it is right now, they're going to flame out in a year or two.
Yeah saturation works as a way to create a lasting portfolio and work for years for people to notice and get into you, and listen to for years while taking time between projects. Its genius if used as that and not the model of every BH release like you said. Even before RCA they kept hinting at new trilogies between albums and I always been like "No baby, you did it, move on".

I get RCA model must be rough and hard to deal with outside forces now, but after getting millions is hard for me to feel anything but whatever on it. Theyre young and I get being frusated with it, but their attitude toward RCA deal in general is weird af to me.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've lurked this thread for a while to find new music. I'm not very good at finding new stuff on my own. Thank you all except Nav stans, I don't know why I listened to you.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I've lurked this thread for a while to find new music. I'm not very good at finding new stuff on my own. Thank you all except Nav stans, I don't know why I listened to you.
yV50dkL.gif

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
but hasnt evoveled for decades

evolved into what? in terms of writing ability he has one of the best pens ever, he wrote verses in 1999 that makes most stuff made today seem dated as fuck. in terms of vocabulary and putting rhymes together i wish you the best of luck finding someone who's better at it.

wanna talk storytelling? he's one of the best to ever do that too, freestyle ability? worldclass, disstracks? he's spat some of the most ruthless and soul destroying bars ever.

''hell isn't enough they need to invent somewhere new to send me''

marshall is 46, and he's made more money than he could spend in 10 lifetimes, the only thing missing today compared to 95-96 is the motivation and hunger. and it's not difficult to understand why.

if he and royce locked themselves in a studio you might get the old bme marshall back, outside of that. no.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Png

My problem with your whole post is with the number of past-tense verbs you use. Why do we keep letting Eminem slide because of MMLP and SSLP? We are reaching the point where we've had more years of "bad Eminem" than years of "good Eminem", and that's assuming "good Eminem" left us around 2007. This man is 10 albums deep into his career and he hasn't made a better album than the one he did when he was an angry young man. Hell, charitably, he's made maybe 3 good albums.

Say what you want about Jay and Nas, at least they had the ability to make move beyond their initial themes and make good albums about different things. Eminem is a perpetual nostalgia show. How many times can you listen to one man channel being an angry young man before its enough? How many rape bars does it take? How much acting like an edgy 19 year old will it take before realize it's whack that its a 46-year old man calling Tyler the Creator a fag or talking yet again about how he wants to rape [insert famous celebrity here]?

All the technical skill in the world cannot make up for a lack of vision. I don't care about how many times you rap "orange" with "door hinge" if it doesn't really mean anything. The only thing I can really attribute to Eminem is that he gave birth to an entire legion of rap fandom that thinks rapping fast = rapping good, the same legion that props up folks like Logic, NF, Tech N9ne, et al. as "real rap".

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
evolved into what? in terms of writing ability he has one of the best pens ever, he wrote verses in 1999 that makes most stuff made today seem dated as fuck. in terms of vocabulary and putting rhymes together i wish you the best of luck finding someone who's better at it.

wanna talk storytelling? he's one of the best to ever do that too, freestyle ability? worldclass, disstracks? he's spat some of the most ruthless and soul destroying bars ever.

marshall is 46, and he's made more money than he could spend in 10 lifetimes, the only thing missing today compared to 95-96 is the motivation and hunger. and it's not difficult to understand why.

if he and royce locked themselves in a studio you might get the old bme marshall back, outside of that. no.

Your choice of a line tells more then you realize

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Png

My problem with your whole post is with the number of past-tense verbs you use. Why do we keep letting Eminem slide because of MMLP and SSLP? We are reaching the point where we've had more years of "bad Eminem" than years of "good Eminem", and that's assuming "good Eminem" left us around 2007. This man is 10 albums deep into his career and he hasn't made a better album than the one he did when he was an angry young man. Hell, charitably, he's made maybe 3 good albums.

Say what you want about Jay and Nas, at least they had the ability to make move beyond their initial themes and make good albums about different things. Eminem is a perpetual nostalgia show. How many times can you listen to one man channel being an angry young man before its enough? How many rape bars does it take? How much acting like an edgy 19 year old will it take before realize it's whack that its a 46-year old man calling Tyler the Creator a fag or talking yet again about how he wants to rape [insert famous celebrity here]?

All the technical skill in the world cannot make up for a lack of vision. I don't care about how many times you rap "orange" with "door hinge" if it doesn't really mean anything. The only thing I can really attribute to Eminem is that he gave birth to an entire legion of rap fandom that thinks rapping fast = rapping good, the same legion that props up folks like Logic, NF, Tech N9ne, et al. as "real rap".
Thank
You

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Logic is good though.

"Nasty" is a masterpiece of a song.
My issues with Logic aside, I will always commend him for at least trying to do new things. Granted, they may fail spectacularly at times, but at least you tried.

For Eminem, the closest thing to that I can think of to that is his freestyle with "awfully hot coffee pot." Was it weird? Yes. Was it hit or miss in terms of bars? Yup. Was it actually an attempt to do something unique and distinctly un-Eminem? Hell yeah.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

i speak for myself, what others think i could give a fuck about honestly. and i'm not letting him skate on anything, old slim is gone, and that's fine. but all it comes down to is hunger and motivation, in terms of ability he's still as sharp as ever today.

and make good albums about different things.

you really aren't gonna attempt some type of spiel about ''the diversity'' in jigga's subject matter are you? where is jigga's stan? his cleaning out my closet? his bad meets evil or guilty conscience? (i can keep this going for quite a while if you want me to)

i respect jigga, but let's not pretend he hasn't been rapping about the same fucking subject matter his entire career.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I would rather listen to a tape of Chris D'Elia doing Eminem impersonations instead of any Eminem song or project since 2003.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Em still spitting fire like "Tyler create nothin', I see why you called yourself a f****t, bitch" and "it's impossible like raping a slut"

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
Damn the new Trippie Redd has a horrible opening title track but the rest is pretty fire. He's definitely figured out his lane. It might be his most consistent project yet.

Yung Bans tape is uneven but has some definite bops

Towkio might have managed to out cringe Chance.

Ugly God's album is kind of boring, nothing as immediately catchy as his past standouts.

RJmrLA's album is kind of hard, definitely some bops, the Young Thug track is fire.

Last edited:

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Damn the new Trippie Redd has a horrible opening title track but the rest is pretty fire. He's definitely figured out his lane. It might be his most consistent project yet.
wait whaat, it's out?? innnnnn. i already felt he started to refine his style with A Love Letter To You 3. toned down his signature moaning after some of the feedback on Life's A Trip, it seems.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of unique music from Japan/Korea, I've checked out XXX and Yurufuwa Circus:

Also, machina and park hye jin are dope!

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out that everyone thinks the new Trippie is garbage, so I guess proceed with caution, now I know this rjmrla isn't garbage

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out that everyone thinks the new Trippie is garbage, so I guess proceed with caution, now I know this rjmrla isn't garbage
I listened to "Life Is Good" and learned that lesson the hard way. Trippie can make some killer singles, but I don't trust him to make a good album.

Will check out that RJmrLA though. Very LTTP, but Reason's album from 2018 is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.