• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out that everyone thinks the new Trippie is garbage, so I guess proceed with caution, now I know this rjmrla isn't garbage
eh, i don't care about what the internet or reviews say. i don't think his last two albums were that well-received either and i really enjoyed them. if i listened to others i wouldn't be bumping Nav either and he's been in my top 5 every year he dropped sth, so 🤷‍♂️

I listened to "Life Is Good" and learned that lesson the hard way. Trippie can make some killer singles, but I don't trust him to make a good album.

Will check out that RJmrLA though. Very LTTP, but Reason's album from 2018 is good!
wtf is a "Life is Good"

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out that everyone thinks the new Trippie is garbage, so I guess proceed with caution, now I know this rjmrla isn't garbage

its boring. he has a great voice for melodies yet has dropped the ball more often than not lately. i want more stuff like Wish, or even his trappier stuff like his Rich the Kid feature.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that plexxrock reminds me of a conversation I had at a bbq on Saturday where the guy was tryna convince me Eminem crushes Jay Z in every way. It was my first experience with those rabid Em fans people take the piss out of here surprised me that people still ride for him.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

i don't? but offerings in recent years doesn't change the fact that he's one of the most influential musicians ever, or that what he created near 20 years ago still holds up to this day when measured against offerings from other artists.

last good album jigga put out was the black album in 2003, but we are supposed to pretend he's still relevant? when was the last time he tried experimenting? he's made different versions of the same song more or less his entire career.

''take the piss out of'' ? yeah, trying to be some type of ''rap purist'' / hipster sure let's call that a pisstake.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
last good album jigga put out was the black album in 2003, but we are supposed to pretend he's still relevant? when was the last time he tried experimenting? he's made different versions of the same song more or less his entire career.

Like, tf are you on about? 4:44 came out in 2017, was well received, sold 262k first week and was a big departure from his last couple of albums.

I get that you stan Em, but there's no need to make shit up to defend your fave.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019

it's no resonable doubt, blueprint or the black album. that's like me retorting the relevance of em by pretending that mmlp2 isn't trash when compared to sslp / mmlp based on that it sold more than 700k the first week, got a grammy for rap album of the year and moved close to 2 million units the first year of it's release.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think the point trying to be made is that while granted that Jay has been on the decline quality wise, that decline is a a gradual descent compared to the headfirst swandive off a cliff Eminem's material took after like 2003

HiResDes

Oct 25, 2017
i think the point trying to be made is that while granted that Jay has been on the decline quality wise, that decline is a a gradual descent compared to the headfirst swandive off a cliff Eminem's material took after like 2003
Jay-Z dropped one of the top five best albums of his career two or three years years ago...

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jay-Z dropped one of the top five best albums of his career two or three years years ago...
oh no doubt, but he also dropped BPIII and MCHG between that and American Gangster, which itself was received pretty flatly at the time but has aged pretty well imho. not saying he's bad or doesn't have it by any means, but even 4:44 isn't quite as high as the highs of days past

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Neither Blueprint 3, Kingdom Come, or MCHG is as bad as Eminem's been for 16 years, and American Gangster was ALWAYS dope (aside from Hello Brooklyn, and Party Life), people just couldn't chill out with the residual Kingdom Come hate.

And I'll never undertsand people still, in 2019, mentioning SSLP and MMLP when The Eminem Show has held up so so so much more.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THE GAWD ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER IS SCORING "UNCUT GEMS."

THE WEEKND X ONEOHTRIX HYYYYYYYYPE
Shot on 35mm by Oscar nominee Darius Khondji, the urban thriller follows Adam Sandler as a risk-taking NYC jeweler caught in a big mess in pursuit of his next big score. With another soundtrack from Oneohtrix Point Never, this looks to be a wild ride. —RL

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
why would anyone want us to be community spotlight?

and in similar bright ideas, just booked a bungalow at the chateau for my birthday. literally, what could go wrong?

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
you get pinned for one day and thread is already an eminem dumpster fire lmfaooooooo

new trippie redd is surprisingly decent, seeing criticism that he hasn't evolved his sound but he was never that versatile to me anyway

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's 2019, no more self-deprecating jokes about our mental health !!

edit: God bless zach fox, looking forward to seeing him in the 2020 XXL :^)

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are people's thoughts on hot girl summer? It's got all the ingredients for being a perfect pop jam but it doesn't hit the homerun it could have imo. The hook and verses are good but they don't leave me blown away like ty, megan, and nicki's best stuff do.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
What are people's thoughts on hot girl summer? It's got all the ingredients for being a perfect pop jam but it doesn't hit the homerun it could have imo. The hook and verses are good but they don't leave me blown away like ty, megan, and nicki's best stuff do.
Whole track sounded a bit phoned in to me.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the exact same way. Don't think it will stop the Hot Girl Summer momentum though.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reports being released ASAP rocky has been found guilty however he's not being imprisoned and instead has a suspended sentence and has to pay some fine. Some say he should still be imprisoned for releasing Testing.
Let's imagine rocky in prison for a second

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Feel like balancing out the new energy coming in from this thread being pinned. I guess you could say I'm applying for asylum to here from indie era which totally flatlined this year.

Rap AOTY so far for me is the new Billy Woods. Overall probably would be Weyes Blood.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
EB7uzsWWkAE330P

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.