• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
4 non-working gifs on the 1st page
dGjXsP0.gif

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
llehuty, thanks for recommending the song of the year, wjsn- babyface, in the previous thread.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, everyone!

Just to be clear (and that nobody asked for it), I used to be 'Kazzy' on the other place. Decided to change my name, because I'm stupid like that.

af1sI8Q.gif

Last edited:

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Long time lurker in the other forum. I'm happy to be a part of this ERA! IU's "Last Night Story" is amazing.

GenerousSandyGermanshorthairedpointer-size_restricted.gif

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
In case people missed it, and because any further discussion was cut off abruptly, here's Epik High's latest:

The full album, We've Done Something Wonderful, is a great listen.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So what are your guys thoughts on Jennie's response to being asked about their comeback?

A lot of you guys are asking about our comeback. It's hard to ignore because it hurts my feelings just to read them and ignore it. I'm ignoring guys...it's just that...we're not too sure. Since I can't give you a proper answer regarding the comeback thing, i'm just going to pretend I didn't see them. That's my answer for now. I'm sorry. But we're always working on...*pauses*...our new song, our new album. Don't give up guys, let's not give up. Both of us.

I know YG carries a lot of baggage in terms of how they treat their groups, but are they seriously going to let a group that's this popular just basically waste away? They've had one comeback this year and a debut in Japan (which was very successful), but there's nothing else for them in sight. All they seem to be doing now is an occasional performance and a bunch of magazine spreads in SK and Japan.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone. Subscribing now.
Best thread title.

Qqb5I5.jpg

Edit> apparently big gifs are not working?

Last edited:

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
So what are your guys thoughts on Jennie's response to being asked about their comeback?

I know YG carries a lot of baggage in terms of how they treat their groups, but are they seriously going to let a group that's this popular just basically waste away? They've had one comeback this year and a debut in Japan (which was very successful), but there's nothing else for them in sight. All they seem to be doing now is an occasional performance and a bunch of magazine spreads in SK and Japan.
2NE1 was one of the biggest groups in all Kpop and they basically let them sit in the dumps. Minzy was pissed for years. It has happened to top groups on other labels, too. Generally for Kpop girls get like 1/4 the promo that guys get.

Raiku

Oct 25, 2017
California, USHeyHey!
Whoa I haven't paid attention to Kpop stuff in a minute..... What's good these days, Twice? I see Suzy Bae is still bae.
Where's Salazar, Peru, Vanty or Feist at?
In case people missed it, and because any further discussion was cut off abruptly, here's Epik High's latest:

The full album, We've Done Something Wonderful, is a great listen.

ohhh.png
Didn't even know Tablo and the boys had some new stuff. Ty ty

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Guys we are rioting because gifs don't work properly.

Not too worried. She's probably just frustrated because of YGs usual bullshit, and formulating her words poorly. Can't imagine BP not coming back within a few months, most likely with an album this time.

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017

I took it as her not being able to give answers to fans (as is usually the case with idols discussing comebacks before anything is announced), and therefore didn't want to be seen as ignoring them.

tumblr_oy6z11sbzV1vjco6so2_400.gif

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
I don't need big gifs until there is a mobile site with a click-to-display function.

But if we could embed gifv or mp4 that would be awesome.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is after the Discord link please PM me instead of asking here! Just so I don't miss it.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa I haven't paid attention to Kpop stuff in a minute..... What's good these days, Twice? I see Suzy Bae is still bae.
Where's Salazar, Peru, Vanty or Feist at?

ohhh.png
Didn't even know Tablo and the boys had some new stuff. Ty ty

Listen to No Thanxxx. That song is GREAT.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta

i heard a lot about how dumb yg and have seen many examples of his shitty management

but even this seemed beyond him. almost 1.5 years and no album whew

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm going to be pissed if Blackpink breaks up. They are so good. Those girls deserve better.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone hyped for The Unit? I'm addicted to "Nugu" groups. So the show is better than P101 for me. I love underdogs and with K-pop I feel a lot of the time it's mostly about luck, like whoever signs to YG or SM will be popular instantly while groups from smaller companies have more things stacked against them even when a lot of them are just as talented. Last K-pop community I belonged to almost ran me away from the genre. OneHallyu lol

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
2NE1 was one of the biggest groups in all Kpop and they basically let them sit in the dumps. Minzy was pissed for years. It has happened to top groups on other labels, too. Generally for Kpop girls get like 1/4 the promo that guys get.

I never really followed 2NE1 all that much, but i've certainly heard their fans voice their displeasure over how they were treated by YG throughout their careers. It's just hard to see why any record company would give a group as successful as BP 1 comeback in a year. Like has anyone every interviewed him and asked him what his logic is for decisions like this? There's got to be at least some reason why you'd go a full year and only have one comeback. Especially when you look around at other groups. TWICE are basically treated like royalty in terms of their promotion. They'll have three comebacks this year once LIKEY is released, alongside debuting in Japan and a full new single for that region.

I took it as her not being able to give answers to fans (as is usually the case with idols discussing comebacks before anything is announced), and therefore didn't want to be seen as ignoring them.

Honestly, I hope you're right. But she seemed genuinely sad when she was talking about it.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
2NE1 is the reason I got into K-pop. It's funny, last year (or early this year I forget) all of my faves disbanded. 2NE1, Rainbow, and 4minute.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
YG would be colossally stupid to drop Blackpink. Like "holy shit what are you even doing running a company" stupid. They have a huge push.

Status
Not open for further replies.