• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
while everyone is piling on attention,

BOL4 fancam. w/ live instruments. so good!!!

posting oldie:

015b always was creative and pushing different sounds from:
kind of interesting this was performed live. sounds like a videogame track

Oct 27, 2017
Will Kill This Love break Thank you, Next 24 hours youtube records? We got 7 hours to find out. A lot of Blink are streaming this right now. It will definitely beat BTS's Idol 45 millions record though.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
What a shit song to shatter a record. But they could release the worst song ever and their fans will still eat it up. That's one of my main beefs with the genre. Groups can get so big to where they can't flop. Not in the west though. The song still has to be catchy. Just look at how some of Gaga's stuff landed because it wasn't as good as her debut.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
What a shit song to shatter a record. But they could release the worst song ever and their fans will still eat it up. That's one of my main beefs with the genre. Groups can get so big to where they can't flop. Not in the west though. The song still has to be catchy. Just look at how some of Gaga's stuff landed because it wasn't as good as her debut.

By k-pop standards, maybe KTL isn't that good, but by general pop standards in the West, well... There's a reason why k-pop is getting so big, it's because there's a void in the pop genre that, let's be honest, Ariana Grande alone can't fill herself.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
By k-pop standards, maybe KTL isn't that good, but by general pop standards in the West, well... There's a reason why k-pop is getting so big, it's because there's a void in the pop genre that, let's be honest, Ariana Grande alone can't fill herself.
No it's bad by western standards too lol. There's tons of great pop that's flying under the radar here.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Well, KTL is already the second song witht the most views in 24 hours on YouTube. I don't think it'll surpass Ariana's song in the next one hour and so, but that's a huge feat. They've also topped iTunes, being the first k-pop girl group ever to do so and the first overall girl group to do it in ten years.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Well good news for the song then since it managed to hit #1 on iTunes. Guess it is a pretty catchy song by the standards you laid out.

Oct 27, 2017
That's your shitty opinion. Thank you, Next was a crap song to hold the record and I am a fan of Ariana.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I have to agree that consolidated acts have an easier time staying at the top of the charts in south korea than in the west, where people aren't that loyal to artists themselves and will jump ship if there is a change of concept, the music is not good or some scandal hit the news.

At least that's the impression I get.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
🚨 ATTENTION 🚨

Red Velvet's Bad Boy just reached 200M views on Youtube. Do you know what this means? Absolutely nothing!

Last edited:

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It means Red Velvet's only good single reached 200M views on Youtube.
3x9cdAO.gif

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I have to agree that consolidated acts have an easier time staying at the top of the charts in south korea than in the west, where people aren't that loyal to artists themselves and will jump ship if there is a change of concept, the music is not good or some scandal hit the news.

At least that's the impression I get.
That's all I'm saying. Not arguing or saying my opinion is right lol. I just feel like k-pop fans are too loyal sometimes. Makes the stats feel meaningless. But I'm happy for them.

Oct 27, 2017
That's all I'm saying. Not arguing or saying my opinion is right lol. I just feel like k-pop fans are too loyal sometimes. Makes the stats feel meaningless. But I'm happy for them.

I understand your point. I try to check myself before I get too reactive since BP holds a special place in my heart (they formed around the same time my current relationship did and they were the group I introduced my GF to first). Also, been watching Blackpink House recently too.

I really want a freakin full album from them tho. It's getting ridiculous

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I understand your point. I try to check myself before I get too reactive since BP holds a special place in my heart (they formed around the same time my current relationship did and they were the group I introduced my GF to first). Also, been watching Blackpink House recently too.

I really want a freakin full album from them tho. It's getting ridiculous
I understand. I was the same way with 2NE1. Some groups just hold sentimental value. And I try not to come across as too much of a hater. I truly do want every group to release the best music possible. I've been listening to the EP more and some of the songs are starting to grow on me.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling the new BP song too much, but it's better than Momoland's. I agree that many kpop fans are too loyal

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around listening to the EP. I enjoyed Don't Know What To Do and Kick It. Hope Not is okay. The Ddu remix is awful though; they should have given us the rock mix instead.

Hopefully they switch up composers in the future. Kill This Love basically follows the same structure as Ddu-Ddu: Jennie starts -> Lisa raps -> Jisoo & Rose sing -> chorus -> rap -> Jisoo & Rose sing -> chorus -> anthem ending.

Edit: BP uploaded a small video for Kill This Love on Spotify. Sadly, it includes Blonde Jennie.

Last edited:

SushiMassage

Banned
Apr 5, 2019
I hope this won't come off as a rant or that I am some kind of hater, but has Kpop gotten quite bland since, say the last year?

Of course there are gems here and there, such as Infinite's lastest "Clock", what a great ballad, or Day6's "days gone by," or why not Taemin's "Want", but the bops are getting fewer and fewer? At least from the major groups/bands?

Just look at the last Blackpink title track, such a phoned in bland song, uses the exact same structure as their last Ddu Ddu Ddu which also was really bland, mostly because of the terrible chorus. Is this what blinks waited for for almost a year? Insulting! Mamamoo's recent singles have been really bland, Sunmi's recent single was so bland that it almost felt like a joke, the 3 latest singles from BTS have been really bland, recent Red Velvet is also bland I mean, what really stands out with the song "bad boy" compared to all other million songs released in the same category? Absolutely nothing, no offense. Kard is also getting more and more bland for every single they release, their most recent one made me yawn. Not even Nflying which used to be a favorite of mine have put out any really good song recently, not either Twice who used to be the kings of catchy memorable bops seems to be able to put out some really good stuff anymore. Recent Ftisland single was also really bland... Other kpop groups such as MonstaX, Winner and Seventeen, have they released anything memorable at all recently?

Again, don't get me wrong, I am not a hater. I am probably one of the biggest koreaboos out there lmao, but have they started to not put as much effort into their music recently? Gotten a bit lazy? Is it maybe because they know they have gotten popular enough in the west so whatever they release, even if its the most bland song ever, it will be number one on all the charts, and all the definitely too loyal fans will spam it everywhere (maybe before even listening to the music itself..?) just to create news such as "most viewed song in 24h ever" etc...?

I heard BTS is also releasing a new single this month? If it is another bland song I don't know what to think anymore....

Again no offense to anyone, sorry if I offended someone, but anyone else who is agreeing with me...? Cheers!

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I am legit shocked trainee debt is still a thing.

Was reading into ot and discovered that despite how good a year Chungha had with 2017 and 2018 and all her I.O.I. stuff shebonly managed to pay off her debt in january of this year.

Also crazy to think Soyeon managed to clear her debt less than a year since debut.

Royalties matter a lot.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this won't come off as a rant or that I am some kind of hater, but has Kpop gotten quite bland since, say the last year?

Of course there are gems here and there, such as Infinite's lastest "Clock", what a great ballad, or Day6's "days gone by," or why not Taemin's "Want", but the bops are getting fewer and fewer? At least from the major groups/bands?

Just look at the last Blackpink title track, such a phoned in bland song, uses the exact same structure as their last Ddu Ddu Ddu which also was really bland, mostly because of the terrible chorus. Is this what blinks waited for for almost a year? Insulting! Mamamoo's recent singles have been really bland, Sunmi's recent single was so bland that it almost felt like a joke, the 3 latest singles from BTS have been really bland, recent Red Velvet is also bland I mean, what really stands out with the song "bad boy" compared to all other million songs released in the same category? Absolutely nothing, no offense. Kard is also getting more and more bland for every single they release, their most recent one made me yawn. Not even Nflying which used to be a favorite of mine have put out any really good song recently, not either Twice who used to be the kings of catchy memorable bops seems to be able to put out some really good stuff anymore. Recent Ftisland single was also really bland... Other kpop groups such as MonstaX, Winner and Seventeen, have they released anything memorable at all recently?

Again, don't get me wrong, I am not a hater. I am probably one of the biggest koreaboos out there lmao, but have they started to not put as much effort into their music recently? Gotten a bit lazy? Is it maybe because they know they have gotten popular enough in the west so whatever they release, even if its the most bland song ever, it will be number one on all the charts, and all the definitely too loyal fans will spam it everywhere (maybe before even listening to the music itself..?) just to create news such as "most viewed song in 24h ever" etc...?

I heard BTS is also releasing a new single this month? If it is another bland song I don't know what to think anymore....

Again no offense to anyone, sorry if I offended someone, but anyone else who is agreeing with me...? Cheers!
Kinda with some of those, but that's why you have to look beyond the biggest acts sometimes. As a whole I think k-pop is getting better.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Listened to the new BP couple of times yesterday, it grew on me - didn't have that first listen home run at all. Not their best but overall good. I like Twice better just because they release more songs not all are great but at least there are a variety...

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
After this live came out this song to me is amazing and their stage presence, LIKE DAMN!!!

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
After this live came out this song to me is amazing and their stage presence, LIKE DAMN!!!

Like the KARD song, the live stage does make it much better. Still not great for me, though. But after some more stages it might start to grow on me. Honestly, I feel like an extended version could make it better. Like there needs to be something after that "anthem" part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.