• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Posting late, but as someone who enjoys Twice ass Twice songs, I think Fancy is better than most of their singles. It changes up enough to be interesting without completely reinventing their formula. It would be great to see them continue branching out more going forward, but I'm also fine with groups sticking to familiar concepts. It never really bothered me since I listen to so many different groups, all my interests get covered.

I finally got around to listening to the whole EP, and I'm really enjoying it. Every song is hitting for me, to the point I think this might be their best all around release.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
So I guess theres drama between Coco and Sori. Does anyone know anything about it?
All you need to know:

zNw94VQ.jpg

Hi, i'm bringing the tea today. MOLE Entertainment released a statement talking about everything Coco has fucked up in the company, announced Cocosori is disbanding and that they're suing her.

#CocoGoingToJailParty

Sori continues to be the best.
99F8C53B5C9B633822

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Why did I wait this long to listen to Taemin's solo work? Man was I missing out.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like if a group doesn't blow up in the first couple years they're basically dead, with a couple exceptions like EXID.

It's really depressing for groups like Hello Venus 'cause they were always on the cusp of stardom. Kinda like Rainbow. They got so close.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Love this song more everyday:

---------------------------------------

Also, this has some legs. I got sick of the Momoland track after a few days and haven't listened to it since, but this stays on heavy rotation. Glad they're still promoting it 'cause the dance and visuals never get old:

Last edited:

SushiMassage

Banned
Apr 5, 2019
Fancy was really disappointing imo. Can't believe they went for another chorus like that. The part after the main chorus is quite catchy though, all in all disappointing though. All other songs on the album were boring/generic.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Fancy was really disappointing imo. Can't believe they went for another chorus like that. The part after the main chorus is quite catchy though, all in all disappointing though. All other songs on the album were boring/generic.

I don't know, man. That album is probably on their top 3, if not their best. You might be alone on this one.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
KARD performed a new song at their concert in Seoul.

It feels like is taking the same inspirations as Bomb Bomb have. This paired up with J.seph with a new haircut and BM with the blue hair... I wonder if they are making a quick comeback soon with an album or something.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I still want to know why she'd do this to herself? Could've easily stayed with JYPE, joined Itzy, and had normal comebacks. Was this a case of her buying into her own hype and not wanting to be in a group?

Just seems weird to squander your career like this with YG.

Maybe she saw Chungha's success and thought she could do it solo as well.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
She would have also picked the wrong level of singing talent, dance skill and charms.

img.gif

Hope Somi does well in her solo career, but I'm glad she's not in Itzy.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Itzy ain't setting the world on fire with their singing ability. Nobody in JYPE is, except for Yerin and Jimin, who aren't trained by JYPE.

Like you want singers, you go to SM

Like that kinda shade sound dumb as fuck.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Itzy ain't setting the world on fire with their singing ability. Nobody in JYPE is, except for Yerin and Jimin, who aren't trained by JYPE.

What's your point here? He just said that Somi is not good singer (which is true) and that her dreams about being a solo artist are... questionable, comparing her directly with Chungha.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
What's your point here? He just said that Somi is not good singer (which is true) and that her dreams about being a solo artist are... questionable, comparing her directly with Chungha.
I mean, that's dumb cause those things don't really matter.

Hyuna is a great dancer, but she can't sing for nothing and outside of change, none of her big songs focus on intense dancing.

Heize is the second biggest female singer of the last decade(second only to IU) and she's a rapper by profession with good reason and you're going to get me to laugh real hard if you suggest she's good at singing, has stage pressence or dances well..

It's pop music. Somi was, and still is, ridiculously popular and had the backing of one of the biggest companies.

It's not a stretch to say she'd probably succeed.

And if your desire is to be a soloist, all of the big 3 are terrible options, but they're still the big 3 and there's a lot of worth in that.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that's dumb cause those things don't really matter.

Hyuna is a great dancer, but she can't sing for nothing and outside of change, none of her big songs focus on intense dancing.

Heize is the second biggest female singer of the last decade(second only to IU) and she's a rapper by profession with good reason and you're going to get me to laugh real hard if you suggest she's good at singing, has stage pressence or dances well..

It's pop music. Somi was, and still is, ridiculously popular and had the backing of one of the biggest companies.

It's not a stretch to say she'd probably succeed.

And if your desire is to be a soloist, all of the big 3 are terrible options, but they're still the big 3 and there's a lot of worth in that.
Comparing Somi to any of those is laughable. She has room for improvement I guess, but she has absolutley shown nothing that makes her stand out. Sub par on every department.

Of course she will be successful and have plenty of youtube views and yada yada yada, but I'll be surprised if that tone of hers finds its way to my playlists.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Comparing Somi to any of those is laughable. She has room for improvement I guess, but she has absolutley shown nothing that makes her stand out. Sub par on every department.

Of course she will be successful and have plenty of youtube views and yada yada yada, but I'll be surprised if that tone of hers finds its way to my playlists.
The biggest rap song of the year is by JVCKI WAI a girl who raps about drugs and has a vocal tone equivalent to Jimin, someone who also had one of the biggest rap songs of a previous year.

Like these excuses ring hella hollow. Again, it's pop music.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017

Can't be serious.
You know nothing about me so go ahead and miss me with all this.

Even on Era alone, without diving into past threads, I've made it clear as to the range of artists I listen to and why. If you can't tell the difference between Chungha, who was the actual subject at hand, and Itzy or what it is that fans might draw from those and other artists that's on you.

You took two tangentially related comments about Somi, conflated them into one stream and want to come at me sideways?

The actual tone and approach of most posters here is fairly straight forward, but you stay wanting to engage people this way.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Can't be serious.
You know nothing about me so go ahead and miss me with all this.

Even on Era alone, without diving into past threads, I've made it clear as to the range of artists I listen to and why. If you can't tell the difference between Chungha, who was the actual subject at hand, and Itzy or what it is that fans might draw from those and other artists that's on you.

You took two tangentially related comments about Somi, conflated them into one stream and want to come at me sideways?

The actual tone and approach of most posters here is fairly straight forward, but you stay wanting to engage people this way.

Where did i say you didn't have a wide range of artists you enjoy? My post wasn't about your music tastes. It was about you being glad she's not in Itzy, which I could only assume has to relate to the thing about singing, dancing and charisma. And it's just a weird take. cause JYPE isn't exactly what folks look to for those attributes other than the last one which is a weird thing to fault Somi for not having given her insane popularity since... forever.

Also how am I coming at you sideways? I'm being very direct.

Now you can say I misinterpreted your post, which is fine I probably was, but I ain't making my point obscure or obtuse.

I'm just saying it's silly to say Chungha's traits matter, when they really really don't. Heize had more hits in one year than Sunmi and Chungha have combined. And i don't know a person who'd say Heize is more talented or charismatic than either.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the summer bop of this year
Why so lonely and Egotistic are still in heavy rotation

giphy.gif

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
I miss the reborn Wonder Girls.

Lose some of your best members, reimage the group and release an album that's probably better than "Wonder World."

AUDIO Wonder Girls - 사랑이 떠나려 할 때 (Faded Love)

Yes.

It was about you being glad she's not in Itzy, which I could only assume has to relate to the thing about singing, dancing and charisma. And it's just a weird take. cause JYPE isn't exactly what folks look to for those attributes other than the last one which is a weird thing to fault Somi for not having given her insane popularity since... forever.
Somi is objectively less talented than Chungha in multiple ways. My light-hearted swipe at her is both fact-based ("charms" can be debated) and not serious.

It also has nothing to do with why I'm glad she isn't in Itzy, seeing as the group already has less capable singers than Somi. I could have clarified that if you needed me to. Instead, you misinterpreted what I was getting at and mistakenly viewed it as me having taken a dumb as fuck stance on a point I wasn't making.

How does that work?

Chungha and Seojeong are two of the most talented people from IOI, and both are high on my list. Yet I don't want those two anywhere near Itzy, either.

I'm just saying it's silly to say Chungha's traits matter, when they really really don't. Heize had more hits in one year than Sunmi and Chungha have combined. And i don't know a person who'd say Heize is more talented or charismatic than either.
We all continuously acknowledge how talent level often has little to do with success, as evidenced by the trail of dead acts that litter the road to success, despite being skilled. The stated diverse interest in musical groups is meant to help highlight that I don't listen to Twice for the same reasons I listen to Car, the Garden.

Sorting through how much of the "pop stanning" here is real or satirical, you rarely see truly delusional and/or stereotypical fans. Things might get a bit heated every so often, but it's not that serious.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Somi wouldn't be participating according to the rumors.

Hmm, you're right. Just thought it'd make sense that she's either postponing to participate on I.O.I's comeback or to promote her album during the same period.

By the way, that's the closest we're getting to a Pristin comeback: two of their members back in I.O.I.

Status
Not open for further replies.