• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I'm glad they let them go, on the other I can't believe it. In my almost ten years of following this genre, I've never seen anything like this happen. Not with such a hyped group.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pristin getting an official disbandment before After School sure was unexpected.

I hope the girls find some new agencies (and jobs) soon enough, thankfully they are fairly popular so they should be able to still have a decent career in entertainment (well, most of them at least)

Oct 25, 2017
SUNMI won.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. #justice4Phono

dVsbx3F.gif

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
aw man aw man... so one of my favorite Korean groups of all time dropped some new music this past week!!!

it's Casker!

they released 2 songs, but only one is on youtube, go to spotify to check out the other song... they're both amazing!!

Spotify unfortunately does not have their 2nd and 3rd albums... which IMO are their best ones and solidified why I love the group so much!!

they're on itunes tho lol.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Glad Goo Hara was found alive. She's been through so much lately, and netizens have been treating her like shit. Hopefully she makes a full recovery.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope she's okay. Invincible Youth was the first variety show I watched.

Last edited:

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yuri with red hair and a nose piercing is the best thing ever. Fucking fight me peon. FITE ME.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I hope Knetz will stop being assholes to her now, she's been going through hell and needs all the help to recover from this.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Its wierd to see folks talk about Pledis and girlgroups as if Pledis doesn't have a horrible track record with all their groups other than Seventeen.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sad to read about Hara. She's been through a lot lately. Hopefully she gets the help and support she needs.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Its wierd to see folks talk about Pledis and girlgroups as if Pledis doesn't have a horrible track record with all their groups other than Seventeen.
Nu'est and After School had a lot of comebacks, I honestly don't know what else could Pledis do for them? (Choose more mainstream concepts maybe?).

This "the company is evil" rhetoric is getting a bit old, and it seems is really easy to blame the company over any group flopping, but there is so much into it...

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Nu'est and After School had a lot of comebacks, I honestly don't know what else could Pledis do for them? (Choose more mainstream concepts maybe?).

This "the company is evil" rhetoric is getting a bit old, and it seems is really easy to blame the company over any group flopping, but there is so much into it...

Initially they certainly did, but that doesn't account for the latter halves of their careers. It's especially egregious with Orange Caramel who was ridiculously popular and went the way of AS all the same.

That's not counting the absolute botchery that was the Hello Venus situation.

One group lapsing, sure.

Two... mmmm

Pledis is up to 4 with only one bounxkng back on merits not directly due to the company itself.

They may not be MBK or TS... but man, that track record is baaaaaaad

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Initially they certainly did, but that doesn't account for the latter halves of their careers. It's especially egregious with Orange Caramel who was ridiculously popular and went the way of AS all the same.

That's not counting the absolute botchery that was the Hello Venus situation.

One group lapsing, sure.

Two... mmmm

Pledis is up to 4 with only one bounxkng back on merits not directly due to the company itself.

They may not be MBK or TS... but man, that track record is baaaaaaad
After School have poor sales and were steadily declining since Shampoo, their biggest hit with 30k sales. Their last 2 releases were in the 10k range. They were probably getting more money from Nana's acting gigs at that point.

Orange Caramel numbers aren't any better with all their releases having sales bellow 10k and digitally doing just ok.

Hello Venus were never popular. Their most sold album was Would you have some tea?, wich sold 10k copies (released right before the split with Fantagio). Probably never were making benefits, and if they ever did, it would have to be split between 2 companies.

With Nu'est is hard to tell because sales numbers are probavly inflated now after the Produce 101 boom, but they had 7 korean releases before Produce 101.

These companies are not charity, and while I completely love groups getting 2, 3, 4 or how many chances to make a splash, I can't blame companies to decide to pull the plug at some point. But I understand the treatment Cube is giving to CLC might have spoiled us.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
It's not just Cube "spoiling us" with CLC though. It's literally the story of all low to middle tier company who have a girl group who never ever managed to get any ROTY award nor to sell more than Pristin's lowest sales (Pristin V - 17k album sales) yet never gave up on them either. Laboum, Berry Good, Nine Muse, April, Stellar, Sonamoo, Bestie, Hello Venus, Spica, Dal Shabet all got more releases and an incredibly way longer career than Pristin got, despite struggling to reach 10k sales throughout their entire careers. Their companies didn't give up on them either, it's not a fucking anomaly to not give up on your own groups, wtf.

And I'm not even sure it's fair to compare things to Pristin V knowing how unit albums always sell less than full group albums, but Pristin's 1st album sold 40k (more than any Oh My Girl album ever) and their 2nd album sold sold 27k, roughly 4k less than Oh My Girl's Remember Me album. Imagine if WM decided to disband OMG tomorrow under the pretense they're not successful enough, and they don't sell enough albums, and try to argue how that would make any kind of sense, because it honestly wouldn't.

I don't know how that's so hard to understand, people would rather try and paint Pristin as flops in order to try to justify this mess, instead of looking at the numbers.

Last edited:

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
It seems Taeha is leaving Berry Good because her contract just expired, two days after their comeback...?

Berry Good have inconsistent production/arrangement/engineering, crap videos, and mediocre choreography that matches their dance skills. But I usually love their songs.

Add bad timing to the list I guess.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just Cube "spoiling us" with CLC though. It's literally the story of all low to middle tier company who have a girl group who never ever managed to get any ROTY award nor to sell more than Pristin's lowest sales (Pristin V - 17k album sales) yet never gave up on them either. Laboum, Berry Good, Nine Muse, April, Stellar, Sonamoo, Bestie, Hello Venus, Spica, Dal Shabet all got more releases and an incredibly way longer career than Pristin got, despite struggling to reach 10k sales throughout their entire careers. Their companies didn't give up on them either, it's not a fucking anomaly to not give up on your own groups, wtf.

And I'm not even sure it's fair to compare things to Pristin V knowing how unit albums always sell less than full group albums, but Pristin's 1st album sold 40k (more than any Oh My Girl album ever) and their 2nd album sold sold 27k, roughly 4k less than Oh My Girl's Remember Me album. Imagine if WM decided to disband OMG tomorrow under the pretense they're not successful enough, and they don't sell enough albums, and try to argue how that would make any kind of sense, because it honestly wouldn't.

I don't know how that's so hard to understand, people would rather try and paint Pristin as flops in order to try to justify this mess, instead of looking at the numbers.
I already said that Pristin's case is an anomaly and something definitely went wrong. I was going over the other "mistreated" Pledis groups.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I already said that Pristin's case is an anomaly and something definitely went wrong. I was going over the other "mistreated" Pledis groups.

Fair enough then. I'm so tired of seeing people trying to pretend Pristin were utter flops in order to justify what happened to them all over the internet, I thought that's what was happening here, my bad.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The I.O.I reunion is still a rumor at this point, it hasn't been confirmed. A rumor that, conveniently, always popped up every-time there was an announcement about Somi's debut. I'm sure the girls themselves are talking about doing a reunion at some point, but so far, not just Somi is going to be too busy for it, WJSN & Chungha are gonna be as well since they'll be having comeback soon or during the Summer.

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Red Velvet's Joy & Yeri just opened individual Instagram, finally!

Patiently waiting on Seulgi to open hers so I can insta-follow!

Status
Not open for further replies.