• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
This was nice, although way too zoomed-out for my taste.
Thankfully, we can always count on Spinel to deliver.

The fangirls going wild in this, and Somi reacting to them, are giving me life.

DopeyParchedInchworm-small.gif

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Cherry Bullet performing Really Really and ITNW.

Didn't really give Really Really a chance when it came out, and only clicked the video because they performed ITNW. Love the clear vocals. It's given me a new perspective of the song. It's not great or anything, but decent. I definitely like Q&A more. Anyway, they seem to have some good main vocalists. I'll try to keep an eye on them from now on after this performance . Real shame they lip synced ITNW though.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I've gone back to thinking about the best k-pop songs of the decade because it's something we should to do at the end of this year. The next one will be a new decade technically. So we should go from 1/1/2010 - 12/31/2019. That's one day say of a decade.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017

Not the sort of tone I was expecting from a group called Rocket Punch. :P

It'll be interesting to see whether they go for a Lovelyz 2.0 vibe or try something different.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you're cursed if you tie in the group name with the number of members. Nine Muses, 17, Gugudan. It's some dangerous shit 😅

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I think is a word play on C9, the name of their company but in roman numerals?

The logo is a C with 5 triangles, I think it works.

As for AB6IX, I think one member pulled out really close to debut.

The 6 on AB6IX stands for 5 members + 1 fandom.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
This review of Twice's concert in New Jersey is brutal:
https://www.nj.com/entertainment/20...big-fluffy-flop-at-1st-nj-concert-review.html

"The two-hour-plus performance was light on passion, or any exceeding talent that would warrant 2.5 billion views on YouTube."

I mean, I get it, but he ain't have to go that hard. Sounds like he got spoiled by a BTS concert and he's not really a hardcore K-pop fan. I love Twice, but he's not really lying. They aren't super talented for the most part. Just a little average across the board. At least he admits that their songs are catchy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.nj.com/entertainment/20...big-fluffy-flop-at-1st-nj-concert-review.html

"The two-hour-plus performance was light on passion, or any exceeding talent that would warrant 2.5 billion views on YouTube."

I mean, I get it, but he ain't have to go that hard. Sounds like he got spoiled by a BTS concert and he's not really a hardcore K-pop fan. I love Twice, but he's not really lying. They aren't super talented for the most part. Just a little average across the board. At least he admits that their songs are catchy.
t0w9AnQ.gif

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, it'd be rough to go to another concert if your first kpop concert experience was say BTS or Mamamoo or PSY. Talent aside, those are god damn one act festivals

Oct 27, 2017
Huh the MTV VMA's added a Kpop category this year. First I've heard of that but I pretty much just check the nominees and then look at the results after.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it'd be rough to go to another concert if your first kpop concert experience was say BTS or Mamamoo or PSY. Talent aside, those are god damn one act festivals
Yeah, I could also see someone being put off by all the lip-syncing (and distracted when it's only some members).

That reminds me, are there any girl groups known for going all live in their concerts? Even when they weren't perfect, I really appreciated Blackpink's Coachella performance for the amount of live singing--especially with how grueling their set and the weather were. Conversely, I think there was some Red Velvet concert special I saw with pretty much no live singing at all, and it was kind of a bummer (I get why they do that, though). Mamamoo have to go live, right? And I think I've seen footage of Oh My Girl both live and synced.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017

Jesus that is rough. I don't even know what to say after reading that.

--R

Oct 25, 2017

Trash article, really.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
There's several other reviews praising the show. Dude sounds miserable af tbh. I was at the LA show and it was really something amazing. People were on cloud 9 all 3 hours.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
He called Nayeon the leader, holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.