• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
I was surprised to see a new Red Velvet song so soon. Liked it more than Zimzalasomething and RBB, but losing hope of seeing Red Flavour level stuff again. Some clothes in the MV looked like Power Up.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As much as Teddie's songs were great
3w1add3.gif

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
After listening to it a second time with some proper headphones and not my cellphone speaker, I like it a lot more than my initial listen. It's nowhere near Heroine or Gashina, but it's not bad.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
First time a Sunmi song disappointed me tbh. It's still not bad though, it's just average and okayish. The chorus drop part is the best, but damn is that pre-chorus dragging the song down with its monotony and weird rhythm that doesn't fit the song's beat much (talking about the part where she says "okay" a lot). I still like the verses and chorus enough, but that pre-chorus is killing a lot of things.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blackpink has a live album out, but it's from 2018 meaning nothing from their Kill This Love EP is on it. Weird choice.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Amber announces her departure from SM Entertainment. RIP F(x), 2009 - 2019. In the day of the 10th anniversary, damn.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's that. f(x) is done :( No 10th year anniversary comeback as we hoped.

My favorite from them

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I'm happy for Amber TBH. She's wanted out of SM for years and now she's finally free.

I'm kind of amazed at the implication that one (or more?) members have re-signed with SM. I figured they'd all have wanted to jump ship ASAP.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Key said run bitch

mLlXU05l.png

I'm glad to see Amber do her own thing. You could tell the members lost hope after a while. Red Light, Pink Tape, and 4 Walls are some of the most consistently good electronic albums in K-Pop. I wish it didn't have to end like this but at least the members can move on to what they really want.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, f(x) never reached SM main group levels of popularity. That plus most of the girls not being interested in music at all probably didn't help (This past couple of years, only Luna and Amber actually showing some passion for music).

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else hear demo vocals in Red Velvet's Jumpin? There's a female voice doing the "ehh ooh ehh" part towards the end but it doesn't sound like the members.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

Did this group nosedive faster than Crayon Pop? Still with 6 members too, what a trainwreck.

And song of the summer got a MV:

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
I've been preparing for the end of f(x) since before 4 Walls was released. I selfishly wanted at least one more album from the group... and that was exactly what we got, outside of a few random songs since.

This '4 Walls' win is one of the most heartfelt when you consider the context. Both SM and the group had been in turmoil with many unanswered questions, such as would the album even see a proper release or would the group continue to exist/hold together, post-Sulli leaving f(x) and post-SNSD Jessica parting ways with SM.

Good win, despite Victoria with the ice in her veins.

f(x) - 4 Walls win / Full ver. -- [MPD직캠] 에프엑스 1위 앵콜 직캠 4 Walls Fancam No.1 Encore full ver. MNET MCOUNTDOWN 151105

Still always surprises me that there were/are people who really disliked 'Red Light'. Here's the cover by Fromis_9.

[MPD직캠] 프로미스나인 직캠 4K 'Red Light' of f(x) (fromis_9 FanCam) | @MCOUNTDOWN_2018.10.25

Did this group nosedive faster than Crayon Pop? Still with 6 members too, what a trainwreck.
Crayon Pop had a broader range of releases that were both good and more diverse than Momoland.

I'll admit, I find Momoland boring with dull choreography, and generally lacking in group dynamics. Still, I think that doesn't change my stance on their songs versus Crayon Pop's releases.

Strip away Crayon Pop's perceived gimmicks, while also stripping away Momoland's visuals. What are you left with?

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Crayon Pop had a broader range of releases that were both good and more diverse than Momoland.

I'll admit, I find Momoland boring with dull choreography, and generally lacking in group dynamics. Still, I think that doesn't change my stance on their songs versus Crayon Pop's releases.

Strip away Crayon Pop's perceived gimmicks, while also stripping away Momoland's visuals. What are you left with?
Momoland had more hits than misses, and they only got popular with Bhoom Bhoom because JooE was going viral at that exact time. I think in Crayon's pop case was also the virality taking over.

In both cases the fandoms were quite small, so it's difficul for them to hold the weight of the group once the fad is over.

My 2 cents.

Bonus: They ahve some really good B-sides

Status
Not open for further replies.