• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
My heart burst when they gave the young girl her candy... ; u ;

What an unexpectedly heart warming MV... never knew anime Twice would make me cry tears that aren't just Momo-fanboying

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Is it me or I never heard any Jyp trademark voiceline anymore at the opening of his group's songs? Something like "Jyp and 2pm/wg are back"

Last edited:

fmpanda

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
Random, but new Dreamcatcher is out, another hot banger for the 1st year anniversary, plus they make their comeback proper in March.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Jiyoon (4minute) is still sticking with music. Her stuff hasn't been popular, but she's not giving up.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I'm glad Jiyoon (4minute) is still sticking with music. Her stuff hasn't been popular, but she's not giving up.

My favorite ex-4minute member, loved it when Cube let her out of the fashion dungeon, and stopped trying to sell her as "cool" rapper, only for them to shit on her visuals on the last 4minute comeback.

And as much as I love her Jeneyer is still a stupid stage name.

Random, but new Dreamcatcher is out, another hot banger for the 1st year anniversary, plus they make their comeback proper in March.

Thanks for this would've totally missed it otherwise. Glad Happy Face is letting them be themselves instead of being all over the place like they did with Dal Shabet.

How I wish Dal Shabet had stuck with their Hit U sound

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
Dreamcatcher is BLESSED with a producer team that allows them to keep the sound. And even if Fly High was done by others, it still managed to keep the same vibe. The creative team behind them is just so strong. The consistency in their visual design like album covers is so well done.

BTW Infinite's 'I Hate' on their new album was done by Dreamcatcher's producers, it's quite obvious.

Early Dal Shabet was quite consistent too, with E-Tribe as their main producer and almost all producers on their albums came from within Happy Face. Hit U is a bit odd, because looking back it was more of a send-off to then-member Viki before Woohee joined and they double downed on her charms in order to make Mr. Bang Bang their breakthrough (which it should've been) but it didn't really work out either. Since then E-tribe moved on so they worked with many different producers, but almost all their releases were high quality to me. B.B.B nailed everything. Fri.Sat.Sun never happened.

Fun factoid is that the entire Joker Alive mini-album which Subin worked on, she did in collaboration with the same two producers who now work for Dreamcatcher. That album is like Dal Shabet's weakest in my opinion, but it's interesting how much they grew in a short period of time (Subin as well).

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dal Shabet as a whole is an oddity, they had everything to be a hit by somehow success eluded them. But I wouldn't call Mr. Bang Bang their breakthrough hit when Hit U did better than Bang Bang (I refrain from saying alot, but sales wise Hit U did double what Bang Bang did, with Hit U being their best performing mini album). And while I agree that Hit U was an oddity coming from their previous releases, it was still their strongest single, in my opinion, best sound, best vocals, best visuals. And its a shame because I would've loved to see Woohee rock Hit U level visuals.

They should've won something with BBB and/or Someone Like You, a real shame. And Joker was just such a terrible send off to Jiyul and Kaeun.

Edit: I just now noticed your screen name lol, pinkurocket.

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: ^ Missed that post.
(If people are wondering, that's a promo video but the full song is out)

-----

Cheetah - "Stagger"

G-Nitro

Oct 27, 2017
Columbia, MD
So I found my new favorite K-Pop related channel. ReacttotheK has classical music majors react to various K-Pop videos, and even if they don't always like the song, it is so interesting to listen to them break down the songs musically. It made me realize how often I pay more attention to the voices than the actual instrumental at times, and they usually tend to be the opposite outside of the vocalist majors. I highly recommend it. I may have just spent the last 5 hours watching their videos. O_O;

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, ReacttotheK is one of the only reaction channels that I like. You get a nice range of opinions on the songs from a bit of a different perspective. They've been the best replacement for MRJ, whose videos I used to watch until he got caught in that scandal and went into hiding.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I was explorin allkpop and I read that sooyung has already left girls generation. Since when? Didnt they just release an album last year

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I found my new favorite K-Pop related channel. ReacttotheK has classical music majors react to various K-Pop videos, and even if they don't always like the song, it is so interesting to listen to them break down the songs musically. It made me realize how often I pay more attention to the voices than the actual instrumental at times, and they usually tend to be the opposite outside of the vocalist majors. I highly recommend it. I may have just spent the last 5 hours watching their videos. O_O;

Dreamcatcher love on that channel. Hence they get my seal of approval.

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
Dal Shabet as a whole is an oddity, they had everything to be a hit by somehow success eluded them. But I wouldn't call Mr. Bang Bang their breakthrough hit when Hit U did better than Bang Bang (I refrain from saying alot, but sales wise Hit U did double what Bang Bang did, with Hit U being their best performing mini album). And while I agree that Hit U was an oddity coming from their previous releases, it was still their strongest single, in my opinion, best sound, best vocals, best visuals. And its a shame because I would've loved to see Woohee rock Hit U level visuals.

They should've won something with BBB and/or Someone Like You, a real shame. And Joker was just such a terrible send off to Jiyul and Kaeun.

Edit: I just now noticed your screen name lol, pinkurocket.

I mean they tried to make Mr. Bang Bang their breakthrough, it released with a full album and evrything... But obviously that didn't work out.
And yes, my username is based on their song. That whole concept is low-key one of my faves if only because of the classy totally-not-phallic concept pictures and just the title 'Pink Rocket' which yeah... totally not an innuendo.

66tTk.png

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
I was explorin allkpop and I read that sooyung has already left girls generation. Since when? Didnt they just release an album last year
They released an album in August to coincide with their 10th anniversary. In October it was announced that Sooyoung, Tiffany, and Seohyun did not renew their contracts with SM.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, ReacttotheK is one of the only reaction channels that I like. You get a nice range of opinions on the songs from a bit of a different perspective. They've been the best replacement for MRJ, whose videos I used to watch until he got caught in that scandal and went into hiding.
MRJ review reactions were so good. He was actually listening to the songs, not like most reactors that will talk over anything, sometimes missing key parts of the song like transitions or the chorus. A shame about the scandal, don't know why he had that radical reaction of closing everything, guess he really fucked up.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
MRJ review reactions were so good. He was actually listening to the songs, not like most reactors that will talk over anything, sometimes missing key parts of the song like transitions or the chorus. A shame about the scandal, don't know why he had that radical reaction of closing everything, guess he really fucked up.
He got scared. OneHallyu went detective GAF (ERA) on him. Receipts were in abundance lol

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I mean they tried to make Mr. Bang Bang their breakthrough, it released with a full album and evrything... But obviously that didn't work out.
And yes, my username is based on their song. That whole concept is low-key one of my faves if only because of the classy totally-not-phallic concept pictures and just the title 'Pink Rocket' which yeah... totally not an innuendo.

66tTk.png

Honestly I feel that groups have a due date, if they don't get a win a year or 2 after their debut, they are not going to win anything. Dal Shabet is an example, had a strong debut and then started dropping. Rainbow is another example, so is Nine Muses. Nine Muses' first win should've happened with Ticket or News. I fear that OMG is past their due date, if they don't get a win with their current song, no matter how weak it is, they are not going to get one. For some reason I feel like Dreamcatcher is going down that road too, unfortunately.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I feel that groups have a due date, if they don't get a win a year or 2 after their debut, they are not going to win anything. Dal Shabet is an example, had a strong debut and then started dropping. Rainbow is another example, so is Nine Muses. Nine Muses' first win should've happened with Ticket or News. I fear that OMG is past their due date, if they don't get a win with their current song, no matter how weak it is, they are not going to get one. For some reason I feel like Dreamcatcher is going down that road too, unfortunately.
There are plenty of counter-examples to this, Girl's Day, EXID, Laboum, Lovelyz, Brown Eyed Girls, KARA. For small companies, building a fanbase in the, early years, big enough that would net them a music win is really complicated. It's more surprising seeing nugus winning on their first couple of years (Gfriend is the most recent example, and there aren't that many more).

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
There are plenty of counter-examples to this, Girl's Day, EXID, Laboum, Lovelyz, Brown Eyed Girls, KARA. For small companies, building a fanbase in the, early years, big enough that would net them a music win is really complicated. It's more surprising seeing nugus winning on their first couple of years (Gfriend is the most recent example, and there aren't that many more).

Well, I was going to make a whole grand point to dispute yours but I really can't explain Girl's Day since I feel "Nothing lasts forever" is their strongest song, followed by Expectation but Female President got the a win. I guess it was a matter of striking while the iron was hot, I don't like Female President but it was a good song right after a really strong come back.

But I'm pretty sure Kara had a win with Lupin, meaning they weren't even close to their due date, plus I feel that after Pretty Girl Kara never had a weak come back. Same for Brown Eyed Girls, while they had songs before LOVE, they were still not past their due date. Laboum's victory was just sketchy as hell, and Lovelyz always seem to have a come back while stronger groups are on hiatus, why no one thought of doing this is beyond me.

EXID is the perfect example of how to reverse the curse, and they got lucky as hell with Hani's fancam lol. Song should've been a success without the fancam, its catchy as hell.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Peek-a-Boo just won on Inkigakyo(?)

By the way, RevelUp Subs has started work on Level Up! Project S2. You can find the subbed episodes here and they also created a separate account on Youtube, but it's missing the first episode (you can watch on their website).

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Peek-a-Boo just won on Inkigakyo(?)

By the way, RevelUp Subs has started work on Level Up! Project S2. You can find the subbed episodes here and they also created a separate account on Youtube, but it's missing the first episode (you can watch on their website).

Cool, a chance to see a little of Joy since she was missing from the last Level Up! Project.

And I'm glad they got a youtube channel, hopefully they won't be hit by a copyright claim. Couldn't get along with the dailymotion player (the overlay won't go away, blocking the subs) and can't control video volume on streamable.

Edit: LOL why is Irene wearing a MLK t-shirt?

Edit 2: whats the name of the song playing in episode 3 when their destination is revealed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.