• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
1 week left until the Dremacatcher poll closes
Vote for your faves!

1e7dfb7eff0ba9811abc425fa94a67dbfc68447b_hq.gif

roosters93

Oct 25, 2017
This silly goober has put out some catchy tunes. New EP

2018:

this is the worst kind of korean hip-hop
one of the youtube comments is on point. said its like someone took american hip-hop and put it through a translator into korean.
talking about guns and drugs but looks like a skinny korean teenager.

Andamo

Oct 27, 2017
Moon Hyuna (former 9Muses member) and The Lowkies released a digital single yesterday!

If you enjoyed this, I might also suggest Doong Doong (feat. former 9Muses member Euaerin / EU Erine) and Cricket Song.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
am i a cynical asshole for basically assuming every video of a k-pop idol "having fun", "hanging out", etc. is super fake?

they have to uphold a certain image so they're pretty much putting on a show any time they're on camera, right?

i have a hard time believing that these videos shed any sort of light on what these people are actually like.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
am i a cynical asshole for basically assuming every video of a k-pop idol "having fun", "hanging out", etc. is super fake?
Yes.

Of course it's show business and you have to project certain image, but there are plenty of natural and sincere moments and good relationships that will obviously originate from sharing your live 24/7 with a group of people during several years. lt's not uncommon seeing disbanded groups meeting together for special ocassions when they don't have any need too, like for example some 9Muses girls in Hyuna's birthday, even though she left the group 3 years ago, or Rainbow also reuniting quite often after all these years. It's clear there would be people that don't get along but have to pretend otherwise for the cameras (probably Cocosori's case in the alst round of promotions or Hyuna with the other 4 Minute members), but those things end surfacing sooner or later.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017

I would say so. Obviously they are conscious of being filmed, but you can still have genuine fun with your manager/boss/stage crew. Considering how often these groups have cameras in their face, putting on a fake persona all the time would be mentally exhausting. You can definitely see riskier behavior or more rude banter on camera from the senior groups.

I'm a different person at work than I am at home, but it's still me to some extent.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
That feeling when you've just spent the best part of £300 on a ticket to see Blackpink because all the other sensibly priced tickets sold out in approximately three seconds flat...

T_T

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That feeling when you've just spent the best part of £300 on a ticket to see Blackpink because all the other sensibly priced tickets sold out in approximately three seconds flat...

T_T
In you area, click-clack, badda bing badda boom, stealing all your money, out of your room. Pang-pang para-para pang-pang-pang.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
First individual teasers for Dreamcatcher's comeback

And while we are at it.... poll update:

1(=) 104
2() 87
3() 86
4(=) 56
5(=) 43
6(=) 36
7(=) 30

O59WfOM.png

Tight battle between 2nd and 3rd. And seems like last place gaining some momentum.

Voting still open until the 10th, you can edit or resubmit your ballots if you have a change of heart.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
In you area, click-clack, badda bing badda boom, stealing all your money, out of your room. Pang-pang para-para pang-pang-pang.

I guess I'm going to be eating nothing but baked beans for the next few months... :P

Despite the financial pain though, I'm still pretty fucking hyped that I'm going to be seeing BP in person. Should be an awesome experience.

wendy

Oct 26, 2017

they have to uphold a certain image so they're pretty much putting on a show any time they're on camera, right?

i have a hard time believing that these videos shed any sort of light on what these people are actually like.

Everyone on camera is putting on an "act" including your favourite western true artists. It's pretty clear to see what is really fake and what isn't. Like soshibond

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Does anyone know what kind of filter they're using for these videos? The aesthetic is pretty good.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet ought to have left Korea by now right? Their first LA concert is on Thursday night.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.