• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonbrb

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Worst MV debut ever, that car promo in the middle of the song is awful, no sense all the MV.... the song is 6-7, i prefer the debut of Cherry Bullet.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
The song is a bit... loud?

If I were to make a comparison g-idle and blackpink are also loud but have key sections in there songs that allow each of the members to show off there singing and rapping.

With the loud blaring backbeat throughout and a somewhat unfocused melody I kinda find them to be yelling most of the time. Its a shame too cause I REALLY like the second half of the rap section and the first half of the bridge cause the beat takes a break during these parts.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
vnvrc8kx9rf21.jpg

Not gonna lie, I like this naming convention.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I see it more like a mix of miss a and twice. They are fierce yet cute at a time
That's a fair compassion. I can almost see Twice singing the song. But it's a little weird because some of them are pulling off the fierce look while others, mainly the girl with the dog--can't keep a straight face lol. But maybe that's point. Then there's one who has the perfect resting bitch face haha.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Worst MV debut ever, that car promo in the middle of the song is awful, no sense all the MV.... the song is 6-7, i prefer the debut of Cherry Bullet.
You don't listen to enough k-pop if you think this is the worst ever lol. Not saying it's amazing but there is way worse out there.

Here's a worse debut:

RIP: WASSUP

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't like this on first listen. Maybe it will grow on me but it definitely felt bland compared to other girl crush songs lately, and no one in the group really stands out here either.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Divisive debut from Itzy. I like it, although it does feel way too close to Blackpink's concept. Good thing is they aren't tied to someone and Teddy and JYP will find ways to keep it fresh.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018

Vivi <3

Itzy's debut song definitely isn't as good as I thought it would be. There aren't really many memorable parts of song and the chorus is really bland imo. The best parts of the song definitely came from the teaser like NameUser said.

I'm just a little salty we didn't get more rapping parts. Hopefully their b-sides are better.

brandonbrb

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You don't listen to enough k-pop if you think this is the worst ever lol. Not saying it's amazing but there is way worse out there.

Here's a worse debut:

RIP: WASSUP

Is the worst debut for a company like JYP who have enought money behind to drop better MV, ofc there are plenty of worst MVs, but for me is a really bad move debut a group with so much hype behind with 20 teasers with that quality of production.

RIP Wassup

Allstar

Feb 9, 2019
Dalla Dalla is a bop but it could be better and the mv feels thrown together out of more memorable mvs by other idols. I like that the song tries to pull off different stylistic elements, though, it shows great sonic potential for them in future with other songs.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah put me in the list that didn't enjoy Itzy's debut. Listened to it 3 times to get a good feel from it, but it just didn't click. Sounds very disjointed (not the good kind).

She really has a nice voice. Can't wait for her solo.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I like Dalla Dalla well enough but I agree that the Twice-esque chorus is kinda bland. I'm not averse to the idea of mixing in some cutesy with the girl crush concept but I don't think they quite pull it off.

Also, the Kia commercial is pretty embarrassing.

Still, there's plenty of potential there. I'm looking forward to more.

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Since I posted earlier this afternoon, I've been watching some old vids in my YouTube playlist. I miss the TASTY twins. *sigh*

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Liked it on first listen, looking forward to their promotions.

I'm really disliking the ads in these music videos though, like the one in what is love.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I feel like the only person not bothered by ads or product placements. Although, I'll say it's weird for JYPE to do them 'cause they don't need the money.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
slowpoke music report:

both BTS x Steve Aoki tracks are fantastic

Oct 27, 2017
ITZY debut was alright. I like the beat in some parts of it, especially the intro. The singing didn't seem to always match up with the beat.

2019 has been pretty bleh for me so far this year.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Really? I thought January was pretty damn crazy. Much better than last year.
No way, last January we got some really great songs. Some of them even turned out to be song of the year. The songs released this year were a lot less memorable. Some of the songs released in January last year:

• Momoland - Bboom Bboom
  • Oh My Girl - Secret Garden
  • Chung Ha - Rollercoaster
  • Sunmi - Heroine
  • Jonghyun - Shinin'
  • Fromis_9 - To Heart
  • iKon - Love Scenario
  • Red Velvet - Bad Boy
Kinda amazing actually when looking back.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
No way, last January we got some really great songs. Some of them even turned out to be song of the year. The songs released this year were a lot less memorable. Some of the songs released in January last year:

• Momoland - Bboom Bboom
  • Oh My Girl - Secret Garden
  • Chung Ha - Rollercoaster
  • Sunmi - Heroine
  • Jonghyun - Shinin'
  • Fromis_9 - To Heart
  • iKon - Love Scenario
  • Red Velvet - Bad Boy
Kinda amazing actually when looking back.
See outside of Bboom Bboom, I feel like this January was much better.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Listening to izone's la vien rose and it occurs to me, do they get paid or receive any salary?
Doesn't seem like they've broke even yet? All I know is that income is distributed to the companies they are in:

3 members are in AKS Co LTD (Sakura, Hitomi, Nako)
1 member in WM (Chaeyeon)
2 members in Starship (Yujin, Wonyoung)
2 members in Woollim (Eunbi, Chaewon)
1 member in Yuehua Korea (Yena)
1 member in 8D (Hyewon)
1 member in Urban Works (Minju)
1 member in Stone (Yuri) (money will go around probably)

Then the companies distribute the money to them? Ala IOI and WannaOne?

Deleted member 38397

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Damn. YouTube is a veritable vault of K-pop history. In my quest to go back as early as I can, I'm finding official MBC playlists of Music Core from 2005! It's gonna me ages to catch up. :D

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My very late Top 10 songs of January.

1. Apink - %% (Eung Eung)
2. Red Velvet - Sappy
3. Luna - Do You Love Me
4. CLC - No
5. Luna - Even So
6. Chung ha - Gotta Go
7. punchnello - Winter Blossom feat. SAAY
8. WJSN - La La Love
9. GFriend - Sunrise
10. Cherry Bullet - Q&A

Honorable Mentions:
VERIVERY - Ring Ring Ring
IMFACT - Only U

I'm halfway with you on this. I think the song is stronger for the most part, but the chorus is weaker. That "La La La . . . Happiness" part just feels so lazy. But in the end, the song is more memorable.
Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.