• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe not here, but I've seen posts like that everywhere.
But not here. Something so profoundly stupid to say with RV being one of the top3 ggs and Oh!GG still being great. Are we talking about YT comments?
img_20190205_1611485jjyb.jpg
Did they see this and think it was an attack on f(x) pink tape?

Itzy has one main, 3 lead and 1 normal vocalist, but it feels like only Lia and Chaeryeong are ones. Suprised that they even gave Chae a line to rap with most of them being "rappers" too.

Really, it's great to see smaller groups, but everyone should be capable of singing under those circumstances.

Last edited:

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
But not here. Something so profoundly stupid to say with RV being one of the top3 ggs and Oh!GG still being great. Are we talking about YT comments?

Oh, no, the Youtube comment section is a waste of time. I'm talking about K-pop hubs on other boards and some Twitter comments.

By the way, I absolutely agree.

Dreamcatcher 2019 rankings
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
It ended up being a close race, here are the results of the Dreamcatcher ranking!

Ce2hz2I.jpg

With 41 points...
Chinese princess Handong. Not getting a lot of love in the poll.

X2hANst.jpg

She did manage to pick some momentum halfway in, but she ended up stuck in last place

With 58 points...
Cutie pie maknae Gahyeon

rYOPhhX.jpg

She spent some time in the 5th spot of the ranking but the last batch of votes placed her at 6th by only one point

With 59 points...
Badass rapper Dami

SwALu86.jpg

She ended up vctorious from the battle to 5th place

With 92 points...
Goth queen Siyeon

Stayed in the middle of the pack during the whole poll.

And that makes the Top 3...

pJcRtjs.jpg

Stay tuned for the Top 3 results in an incoming post

Last edited:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe JYP will put the team he put on Twice all year long on ITZY if the reception after their first showcase/debut is a bad as it is here.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
The TOP 3

DAgYc-2XcAARRDz.jpg

With 130 points...
Leader JiU
aR56dlx.jpg

She spent some brief time in the top 2, but eventually missed it by 16 points.

So, this is it, our final 2

3R1QkyV.jpg

Sua vs Yoohyeon
Yoohyeon vs Sua

E6FN3HE.jpg

Yoohyeon!!!

WPyU19L.jpg

8Vyemeb.jpg

CYANIUS.jpg

154 point, always ahead of the pack, she takes the crown of the 2019 2nd anniversary Dreamcatcher rankings.

And a not soo shabby 2nd place for Sua, with 146 points.

Zz4VLBB.jpg

She got a huge boos from the last minute voters, but not enough to get the 1st place.

Thanks everyone for participating, we got a total of 20 votes for this round.

Number of votes: 20

Yoohyeon 154
SuA 146
JiU 130
Siyeon 92
Dami 59
Gahyeon 58
Handong 41

Results progress:

5vORmgl.png

Individual graphs

aM8UWkn.png

As for the community representative, both Pendulum and No No Eul had 5th of their rankings match with the community ones, but the Community Representative goes to No No Eul forguessing correctly the top 2. As community representative, you can pick a MV/gif/picture/text/tweet that will be featured on the OP. PM me with whatver you want.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Deserved. Queen of Dreamcatcher.

Oct 27, 2017
No way, last January we got some really great songs. Some of them even turned out to be song of the year. The songs released this year were a lot less memorable. Some of the songs released in January last year:

• Momoland - Bboom Bboom
  • Oh My Girl - Secret Garden
  • Chung Ha - Rollercoaster
  • Sunmi - Heroine
  • Jonghyun - Shinin'
  • Fromis_9 - To Heart
  • iKon - Love Scenario
  • Red Velvet - Bad Boy
Kinda amazing actually when looking back.

Yea this is where I'm at when comparing both months. Bboom, Secret Garden, Heroine, Love Scenario and Bad Boy are all better than what we got Jan 2019

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yea this is where I'm at when comparing both months. Bboom, Secret Garden, Heroine, Love Scenario and Bad Boy are all better than what we got Jan 2019
Hmm disagree, but there is really no point to discuss tastes. Most of them haven't released anything on that level for a year either too tho.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A shadow of their past maybe, yet every single release was still better than this itzy one. *enough bashing haha*

Oct 27, 2017
I remember really being into 9muses Gun back in the day. Feels so long ago. Then, they lost my favorite member from that time and I stopped following them.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I m old school kpop fam, first album I got in this genre and loved so much was Big Bang Vol. 1. But, I have lost interest as I grew older. Looks like their has not been too much of a change in formula in the past 10 years or so. I am hoping to get back into it as some of the old school songs, I am still listening to and I need evolve to some of the newer generation music.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with Era's Dreamcatcher rank. Kinda boring since it went as expected (except JiU below SuA), but still pretty good.

Sad news for Nine Muses, but being honest, they last much more than I thought they would.

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
I think everybody knew it would happen, it's still super sad.
9MUSES Announces Disbandment And Release Of Farewell Song

Loona coming back, I-dle coming back, Itzy disappointing, 9 Muses No More, roller coaster of feelings this month.
There are only two Kpop groups I still listen to... One announced they're finally coming back after a four year hiatus and the other follows that news up by announcing their disbandment =(.

Namyu has had such a fantastic lineup across all its generations. I can't think of many late additions to groups as great as Hyuna and Kyungri were... and Sojin despite being near the end has been great to watch too. It's nice that so many still seem to be friends, popping up at weddings etc. I'd love another reunion... hopefully with Sera this time in pictures and Eunji coming along too.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe JYP will put the team he put on Twice all year long on ITZY if the reception after their first showcase/debut is a bad as it is here.

It's fine. Nugus aren't really expected to break out like that if there's a successful current group. NCT and RV had to build. ITZY also lacked the survival show intro that really helped Twice and other groups.

I think GIDLE is probably the last immediate breakout, and I think that's because the audience was hungry for that concept.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
So are Itzy going to promote this song? I haven't seen any live performances or a showcase. I know it only been two days, buy I feel like there should be something by now with all the music shows.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
So are Itzy going to promote this song? I haven't seen any live performances or a showcase. I know it only been two days, buy I feel like there should be something by now with all the music shows.
They havent even debuted yet. Only mv. Wait until feb18th if im not mistaken for their official debut. Please understand the debut day starts from their single release date

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

The single album releases in 6 hours. They debut on M! Countdown on the 14th and they'll also be on MuBank on the 15th.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
q9fcjjvcz1g21.jpg

Weird that most of them are on a Wednesday. The Fort Worth one will be terrible to get tickets for.

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
SuA at #2 and Yoohyeon at #1? I guess I'll take it.

Speaking of local concerts, Red Velvet last night was fucking hype!

Some vids I have:

Unfortunately I couldn't bring my camera(SM wouldn't allow it) and had to settle with my iPhone XS Max so it's quite shaky and footage doesn't really look good imo. I do have more tho but my computer doesn't like rendering out a 4k/60fps file in a reasonable amount of time so I'll post more tomorrow.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
There are no major music shows at the beginning of the week (The Show is on Tuesday, but JYP is not going to debut their newest group there).

I gues there will be a showcase paired up with the release today, but maybe they'll skip it since it's only a digital release.

More like an anti-bop.

Status
Not open for further replies.