• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Like the KARD song, the love stage does make it much better. Still not great for me, though. But after some more stages it might start to grow on me. Honestly, I feel like an extended version could make it better. Like there needs to be something after that "anthem" part.
I think the anthem part should of been the 2nd verse and 2nd verse should of been the ending

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
whooo, another round of pickups of things I got in Korea like 2 months ago lol.

ZrrPFtEl.jpg

first off is Bestie. I just bought this on a whim. I listened to this group a bit because they have some history with EXID and the group isnt too great... typical kpop group with a small catalog, some super catchy songs, a bunch of average ones, and then they break up when they can't get too popular.

But this CD in particular has one of my favorite songs ever on it... Hush Baby.

geez, this is one of those songs I can listen to over and over again!!!

here in California, one of ktown's music stores actually has a copy of this on the shelf. I pass by it every time I'm there, but it takes a trip to Korea to actually incentivize you on buying it lol.

Second pickup is Bolbbalgan4!!

I love this group! I'm surprised they're able to get into mainstream popularity tho... they remind me a lot of another one of my fave k-indie groups, Lucite Tokki. If anything, they're literally exactly the same as that group!

I have all their albums except for this one. I couldnt find it at any of the stores here in California so I thought it was rare, but in Korea it was very easy to find so no worries there.

most of the songs on this CD are actually on their Red Planet album. All the songs actually, except for one.

And it sucks because that one song is probably one of their best songs ever... it's the solo track by JiYoon, who's normally the member in the back.

so yay, super glad to own a physical copy of this just for this one song.

Actually, I think both of these pickups were gotten just because I really liked a single song on them lol.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
first off is Bestie. I just bought this on a whim. I listened to this group a bit because they have some history with EXID and the group isnt too great... typical kpop group with a small catalog, some super catchy songs, a bunch of average ones, and then they break up when they can't get too popular.

Ok, this is now the most offensive thing I've seen this week.
WHAT
THE
FUCK?

BESTie are great.

They have one of the best Brave Bros songs (and one of the best kpop songs):

Pilyohae is also such a classic:

They were so fun. And Dahye (the one that wasn't part of OG EXID) is one of my favorite idols ever. She has the looks, the talent (amazing dancer and singer) and the charisma.

Never forget dahye3.gif:

Uji with also the looks and powerhouse vocals, Hyeyeon with her antics and quirky stuff and Haeryeong was cute I guess.

So sad the group didn't find much success. One of the prime examples of talent not being enough to make it big in the kpop market.

edit: I'm exaggerating a bit, but my point stands, they are great!

Last edited:

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan of this song at first but now it's one of my most played songs on the album.

This so

The choreography is actually pretty good.

This song is great, IMO. Also listened to Kill This Love on the live stage, it sounds better which makes me think they made it intentionally for fan-chanting live stuff. That's cool and all for live shows, but it makes the base song on its own still suck lol.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope this won't come off as a rant or that I am some kind of hater, but has Kpop gotten quite bland since, say the last year?

Of course there are gems here and there, such as Infinite's lastest "Clock", what a great ballad, or Day6's "days gone by," or why not Taemin's "Want", but the bops are getting fewer and fewer? At least from the major groups/bands?

Just look at the last Blackpink title track, such a phoned in bland song, uses the exact same structure as their last Ddu Ddu Ddu which also was really bland, mostly because of the terrible chorus. Is this what blinks waited for for almost a year? Insulting! Mamamoo's recent singles have been really bland, Sunmi's recent single was so bland that it almost felt like a joke, the 3 latest singles from BTS have been really bland, recent Red Velvet is also bland I mean, what really stands out with the song "bad boy" compared to all other million songs released in the same category? Absolutely nothing, no offense. Kard is also getting more and more bland for every single they release, their most recent one made me yawn. Not even Nflying which used to be a favorite of mine have put out any really good song recently, not either Twice who used to be the kings of catchy memorable bops seems to be able to put out some really good stuff anymore. Recent Ftisland single was also really bland... Other kpop groups such as MonstaX, Winner and Seventeen, have they released anything memorable at all recently?

Again, don't get me wrong, I am not a hater. I am probably one of the biggest koreaboos out there lmao, but have they started to not put as much effort into their music recently? Gotten a bit lazy? Is it maybe because they know they have gotten popular enough in the west so whatever they release, even if its the most bland song ever, it will be number one on all the charts, and all the definitely too loyal fans will spam it everywhere (maybe before even listening to the music itself..?) just to create news such as "most viewed song in 24h ever" etc...?

I heard BTS is also releasing a new single this month? If it is another bland song I don't know what to think anymore....

Again no offense to anyone, sorry if I offended someone, but anyone else who is agreeing with me...? Cheers!
You are pointing out the obvious ones, but there are plenty of great songs from this year already and it's just april. BTS has been boring for two Love yourself albums already, but Persona might be a return to something more interesting.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, this is now the most offensive thing I've seen this week.
WHAT
THE
FUCK?

BESTie are great.
they'd be great if they had more than ~10 songs.

I still love them the same way I loved Fiestar or Spica, lots of potential but then they just disappear.

or the way other kpop fans love Pristin.

I also love watching HyeYeon's youtube channel where she posted all these vlogs about visiting California.

fastforward to 4 minutes to see my favorite part: Phils Barbeque Phils BBQ Phils Barbeque PHILS BBQ YAH YEAH YEAY!

HyeYeon also has a black/tan shiba just like the one I just got!! we can be Shiba buddies next time she visits CA lol

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I can't keep multi-stanning. Might as well move to Chicago permanently at this point. All 3 top girl groups are coming this year. Incredible.

If LOONA announces a world tour, it's over for me.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Always love those K-pop world tours that are just USA and Asia. And like max 10 concerts where 2/3 of them are in the USA. Why bother even calling it a world tour at that point lol.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So for those who care about YT stats, Blackpink got the most viewed in 24 hours and fastest to 100M.

I'm sure BTS will break it.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see, as much as I think BTS has the bigger (and more rabbid) fanbase, I think Blackpink has a broader international appeal, so we'll see how it goes.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's weird, up until Saturday, it was another number and lower than Ariana's. I need them receipts, I checked the video 24 hours later and it was around 47M.

YouTube's official view count is different from the view count that appears immediately to viewers. Their website states, "To verify that views are real and accurate, YouTube may temporarily slow down, freeze, or adjust the view count, as well as discard low-quality playbacks."
The unofficial number of views gathered by "Kill This Love" MV in the first 24 hours, prior to the adjustments made by YouTube, were 49.9 million views.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1315...record-for-mv-with-most-views-in-1st-24-hours

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I see.

"On April 8 KST, YouTube announced the "Kill This Love" MV as the music video with the highest views in the first 24 hours since its release."

But where did YouTube announce it? I can't find a source.
Youtbe hasn't made any official announcement, but there are reports of youtube confirming this by email to journalists.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Blackpink's dont know what to do withoutt youuu~~~~uuuuuu~~~~~ is very good! Im surprised i love it.

Kill this love sounds very much like 2ne1's song. But i dont mind it though. I think i like it. The climax is so good. Now that i have made up with my boyfriend, i can now listen to them again

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kill this love sounds very much like 2ne1's song. But i dont mind it though. I think i like it. The climax is so good. Now that i have made up with my boyfriend, i can now listen to them again

It's basically a banger now for me. I can appreciate the sparse chorus since it spares me from drill shit. The only weakspot for me is the prechorus, which sounds too downtempo for me. I do feel for Izone, since Violeta is fucking great, and then Blackpink bulldoze them out of existence soon after.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blackpink's Coachella performance is going to be live-streamed at Times Square. That's pretty big stuff. Interscope is working overtime.

Don't Know What To Do has been stuck in my head.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Well, fuck me, Blackpink has finally beat me into submission. Songs still aren't amazing, but the stages have me singing them:

Status
Not open for further replies.