• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017

I would love to see this happen. I can only imagine that one or more of the agencies involved will fuck this up by trying to pretend that their artists are too busy with individual activities or some shit. It should be a no-brainer though. Most of the members and their associated groups could really do with the exposure that an I.O.I reunion would undoubtedly bring.

Even for the members who are doing alright for themselves, it's not as if it would hurt their careers to let them return to I.O.I for six months.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone but Chungha and Sejeong (and Pinky in China, I guess) needs the attention at this point.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, surprised Blackpink isn't on that list. I guess all those YouTube views really don't mean shit if they aren't releasing albums.

And it still feels weird that Twice is so popular but none of the members really stand out cause they don't promote solo.

We had this discussion before, but yes, Blackpink gets a ton of views, but their sales aren't up at the top. And girl group sales are generally below boy group sales overall.

Hanteo Sales for 2019

Note the difference between Gaon Digital and Gaon Physical. On the digital, you get a wider variety artists on the digital, like M.C. the MAx, Haeun, and Paul Kim, but you also see more female artists, like Chungha at the top, Jennie and ITZY. Jump to physical album sales and BAM, Seventeen shoots to the top, with no one really catching them yet. Monsta X at #2, TXT #3, Astro at #4, and Taemin at #5. First female artist is Gfriend at #9. Also, BTS albums are perennial at this point, while EXO has several Platinums, they don't get the ongoing sales of old albums BTS is. This is probably because Gaon covers international sales, and BTs is consistently gaining international fans buying their back catalog.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's most likely Twice since the colors match their tour announcements poster. The good thing is Subkulture will be handling it. They're pretty good promoters.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
QLtH10K.jpg

EDIT: why can't I resize the image lmao

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Dua Lipa showed up at BP's concert in Newark and sang Kiss & Make Up with them

59064605_2174426306202192_221058638125465600_n.jpg

Got my BP in the mail today :)

Was at the concert.

Can confirm it was the best part and everyone went insane.

TWICE has Hi-Touch and group photo on their tour asdfghjkl;

Nice.

Was pretty pessimistic and was thinking they were gonna offer the sad premium package like blackpink but this definitely makes the money's worth for those who are going for it.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OMG at that Twice photo op and hi-touch VIP! If I have enough money for it and manage to get it vs. all other ONCEs, I'm going to be hitting the gym everyday. I need to impress Momo and Nayeon. Mina too.

Dua Lipa showed up at BP's concert in Newark and sang Kiss & Make Up with them

59064605_2174426306202192_221058638125465600_n.jpg

Got my BP in the mail today :)

Hey you got Jennie!

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Blackpink future 2NE1? I wonder if some of them will join CUBE like Miyeon did.
No, I think there was another group of trainees with that label.

I honestly don't get how they pick who makes it into a group because honestly—no one in BlackPink is exceptionally talented IMHO. Like it seems totally random, like they could take any good looking trainee and toss them in a group.

Oct 27, 2017

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Wheein could not save this song.

I like it. Funny that Bom is getting back to back comebacks when Minzy and CL are basically getting nothing. I understand ladder because YG is shit, but the former is what confuses me since she's left to go solo and she's only released like two songs in almost two years.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I remember Minzy did an interview where she went through depression and suicideal thoughts due to the industry.

So I don't think she's big on the whole pop thing as opposed to her dance academy.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Oh My Girl is about to deliver another classic:

Their b-sides will remain unmatched.

Going from "Vogue" to "Checkmate" will be the k-pop version of a fatality 😅

Giving me flashbacks of Reboot by Wonder Girls. That album was like, "Fuck yo feelings!" So good lol

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

EXID was one of the first groups I stanned. This is really sad, man...

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Feels bad since there comeback announcement made it seem like they were all gonna renew.

Now it potentially gonna be there last one. ;-;

tenor.gif

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm pretty sure they said this back in like february so I'm confused how you guys didn't know this.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
At least they're going out with a bang. My poor Girl's Day didn't even get a sweet goodbye album. :(

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Minzy did an interview where she went through depression and suicideal thoughts due to the industry.

So I don't think she's big on the whole pop thing as opposed to her dance academy.
Yeah, I'm reading that interview now and damn. I wasn't really tapped into the scene at the time, but I remember hearing rumbles about the CEO being a shit head. I'm glad she's found peace and apparently she did a solo project I didn't know about.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Let me know how the concert goes!

Just got out the concert 30 mins ago what a ride

First off I wanna say how ridiculously good they all look in person I was in awe pretty much the entire time.

The live band was pretty amazing and every performance was filled with energy. I can't wait for them to do another tour.

10/10 definitely going to see them again

Here's some ending footage I posted on my twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.