• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Mina leaves AOA, FNCE says group will continue as 5
Surprised 5 of them renewed considering the current state of the group. Probably a good call for Mina if she wants to keep doing acting, she was barely getring any lines lately anyway. She will be missed if they do keep releasing music, tho.

Chungha coming back during the Summer is only fitting, since she's the new Summer Bop Queen. Can't wait for it!

Weki Meki's 2nd teaser for Picky Picky:

As a huge I.O.I fan, I'm always following all of the girls in what they do nowadays. DoDaeng are looking amazing in this, hoping the song to be fun even though it might not be my jam.

EDIT: Backtracked a bit, as a Somi fan it was very Y I K E S to see y'all shading the hell out of her here, while she arguably has more talent than y'all give her credit for, however, shading her for leaving JYPE, implying she has made a bad decision doing so, while all the evidence most of Somi fans have so far, is that she probably got kicked out of the ITZY lineup in the first place, felt quite weird. Y'all can stop blaming her for "deciding to leave JYPE" because maybe that decision wasn't hers in the first place. At the time of the news, she liked comments on IG that pointed towards that explanation. So hum, yeah, super cool to shade a girl who got booted out of groups lineups not only once but twice (no pun intended) by the same company she showed loyalty to all these years. Anyway, the whole situation is still unclear, but don't draw conclusion so fast as to why things happened, she always said she wanted to debut in a group again, she never said anything about going solo for all the 4 years I've been stanning her, and I'm pretty sure she'd prefer to debut in a group rather than as a solo, but this ain't an option for her anymore, she failed at it twice, and her own brand and reputation will always get in the way of the members she will be teamed up with (just like Sejeong & Mina still majorly eclipse everyone else on Gugudan, or Chaeyeon in DIA, and so on). Anyway, just here to bring some much needed nuance here.

Until you bring some solid receipts, your theory is as valid as ours. JYP signed her as an artist after IOI, and investors meetings said her and Ryujin were going to debut in the next girl group.

Obviously some plans changed and official statements show that there was a contract termination for whatever reason.

If she was as good as you claim, wouldn't JYP have fought to keep her under JYP too? They have the upper hand.

Anyway, welcome.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Until you bring some solid receipts, your theory is as valid as ours. JYP signed her as an artist after IOI, and investors meetings said her and Ryujin were going to debut in the next girl group.

Obviously some plans changed and official statements show that there was a contract termination for whatever reason.

If she was as good as you claim, wouldn't JYP have fought to keep her under JYP too? They have the upper hand.

Anyway, welcome.

You asked, I provide.

7JC537G.jpg

(found here)

This is the comment that she liked that made a lot of us doubt that leaving JYPE was her own decision, since it clearly shows she felt the same way as the fan's comment and liked it on purpose. She stuck with JYPE throughout 2017, and most of 2018, very highly likely because she thought she'd debut in ITZY. The OT5 lineup was even formed during Spring 2018 and appeared publicly and attended Twice's concert. If she wanted to go solo, she would have left way before that happened, she wouldn't have endured JYPE giving her absolutely nothing to do for most of 2018, and she sure as hell wouldn't have appeared with OT5 in May 2018 and looked bright and happy as hell every time that happened. Nobody knows for sure, but stating and firmly believing (like y'all clearly were a few pages ago) that leaving JYPE was her own decision only and that she was silly for choosing to do so, is also based on no facts whatsoever, I don't know why me avancing that it might not have been the case suddenly is "a theory" while y'all talk about her living JYP being her own decision as if it was proven, while it's as much a theory as mine (while mine now has receipts, you're welcome).

Anyway, stop assuming what happened here, cause quite frankly, nobody really truly knows. Just stop trying to mock her for "deciding to join TBL instead of JYP" because it might very well not have been the case at all here. Imagine the pain of being booted out of 2 JYPE groups' lineups, and try to make fun of that, I guess.

PS: I also stan LOONA (since I pretty much stan all girl groups in existence apart for some here and there), although I don't like them as much and never will, but Vivi is bae and Butterfly was an underrated bop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Her manager/father said now she can do "what she wants to do".

I guess what she wants wasn't being part of a girl group.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Her manager/father said now she can do "what she wants to do".

I guess what she wants wasn't being part of a girl group.

Where is the "now" in the statement though? You're the one adding it here. Her father never said "she'll be able to do what she wants to do NOW", has he? He was just reassuring fans about Somi being happy to engage creatively with what she'll do musically under TBL, and he was in no way shading what it could/would have been under JYPE, you're the one adding that special shady layer to a much candid statement here, and that's on you.

Any fans of Somi knows that she wanted to debut in a girl group again. She's been hella vocal about it all throughout 2017 in the variety shows she participated in (like Unnies where she cried because all the groups she was a part of were temporary, clearly implying she wanted a fixed group to debut in at long last). Any one who followed Somi through I.O.I knows how much she thrives in a group, how much she's an extrovert enjoying having members to interact with, and that also showed when she finally got the opportunity to appear alongside Ryujin, Chae, Lia & Yeji at Twice's concert, she was glowing.

Part of this girl's appeal is how fun she is with the members of her groups, the interactions. She never ever once mentioned becoming a solo singer as being her dream, she never said it in all 4 years of stanning her, that has never been mentioned once. However, whenever she talked about debuting, it was always implied or said "in a group". It's not a coincidence that after I.O.I disbanded, JYPE pushed Somi into variety shows in which she was a group member rather than a soloist (Unnies, Girls Next Door) and every time? She looked happy, she enjoyed the hell out of it, made lifelong friendships out of it, she was genuinely in her element.

There's no doubt in my mind that a solo debut was never her first choice, but was what she had to settle with, considering JYPE didn't make her debut under ITZY, and that time was ticking for her, and that it's faster to make her debut solo, rather than to have to create another debut lineup from scratch under TBL, which can take another whole year if not more. At some point, she felt like debuting in a group was just not gonna be in the cards for her anymore (also her own popularity maybe would have been a problem to deal with), and made a decision based on the fact she wants to be an active artist ASAP after waiting 2 years for nothing, and the fact that fans have been waiting for years for her to debut in the first place.

I personally never ever wanted her to debut as a solo artist, and she never gave any signs of wanting to do so in all the time I've been stanning her. It broke my heart to see her leave JYPE, and it broke my heart to see her go solo, but all I can do is support her because god knows she deserves to debut in the end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the vibe of this:

Video doesn't include the full song, tho (it's available on Spotify).

The girl is a former YG trainee, she was part of the predebut Blackpink lineup, but left the company in 2014. She debuted last month, but I found it quite boring, despite her having an interesting voice.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

ITZY to come back in July, I can only hope it'll be around Chungha's comeback, I wanna see them interact, it'll be glorious!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I hope they go full girl crush. I don't want another Twice style chorus. I love "Fancy" and "Dalla Dalla", but I don't want them to become the norm.

I loved Dalla Dalla at first listen though, I don't mind if they go that way musically again, it fits them well. I will never say no to a more girl crush approach, but I expected that out of Fancy more than Dalla Dalla, because Twice now are old enough to fully go Run Devil Run/The Boys on us, but they only went halfway there with Fancy and that disappointed me a bit (because seeing the girls go full girl crush has been a wish of mine for a long time cause I know they'd crush it -pun intended). I don't expect ITZY to go fully there yet, they're still very young, and have time to grow into it.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like groups used to have more of a diverse sound last generation. Now it seems like everyone besides the low tier groups are afraid to shake it up.

But I feel like the issue with Twice is that JYPE knows that they really don't have the chops to pull off some songs, so they're kinda stuck in a cutesy box.

I feel like to go full on girl crush you need amazing vocals. Someone needs to be able to bring the heat. OMG could pull it off, but their company wants to stick with that "fairy" stuff for some reason. "Remember Me" had the right amount of attitude and as much as I love the new single and album, this cycle feels like a step back.

Edit: Just looked at the views. The new song already has 13 million views and Remember Me has 8 million. So what the fuck do I know?

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Somi is coming, Sunmi is coming, Chungha is coming, Itzy is coming, this coming Summer will be bomb.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I mean, not everyone can have Taeyeon's level of vocals that can bring sass and attitude to a girl crush song, but I'd argue that 2NE1 and BlackPink never had a Taeyeon either, and they still managed fine. Hyuna as a soloist is always bringing the girl crush heat (well more on the sexy side) and god knows she ain't a vocalist, yet she's delivering. I don't know, I think it's possible to do girl crush even without amazing stellar vocals that can be very satisfying in such songs (You Think is a testament to how stella vocals can bring a song to the next level though, love that one). CLC & (G)I-dle's main vocals aren't Taeyeon's level of vocals (I love Seunghee and Miyeon but I gotta be real here) yet they deliver. I think Twice could brand out more into the girl crush sound, but I feel it's more a limitation of branding of the group (little cute nation's sisters/friendly neighborhood girls), than actual talent, that is limiting them. Which sucks a bit, but oh well.

And yes this Spring/Summer is gonna be BOMB! Sunmi is my 2nd ultimate bias after Somi (I'm a huge Wonderful, because I've been into Kpop for way too long apparently), and Chungha got my I.O.I heart, and ITZY, ugh, just fell for them predebut and I gotta protecc. Genuinely excited for all of them!

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you can do it without amazing vocals, but then you need a fierce rapper.

And yeah, why did Choa remain signed? I still want to know how she got out of doing anything for that long.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
RBB is much better than BB. I loved that song, but the views show I'm in the minority. I think the timing messed it up a little too cause it's clearly Halloween themed, and it came out too late.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Their singles can be pretty messy at times, but they have yet to disappoint me. This is all I want—for a song to remain consistent and not try anything too crazy. So glad they didn't ruin this with some "uplifting" chorus or weird beat switch 😂

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Picky Picky is alright although I think Crush remain their superior song, but it's a cute earworm for sure, I expect it to grow on me.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Their singles can be pretty messy at times, but they have yet to disappoint me. This is all I want—for a song to remain consistent and not try anything too crazy. So glad they didn't ruin this with some "uplifting" chorus or weird beat switch 😂

The song is 8/10, the chorus is 6/10. Still, a 7/10 is good enough for me.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, if Somi & CLC are promoting around the same time, I'll be here expecting interactions, especially with Eunbin!

I just can't wait for Somi anymore, it's been "really soon" for two weeks! Ugh, give us a teaser already. At least I know what I'll be getting with CLC, I don't want to hype Somi just to end up disappointed.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah RBB is a messy song no matter the season, but having a Halloween-themed song way too late while everybody was ready to get into the Christmas Spirit, surely didn't help at all. It was the very first RV song that truly disappointed me, I don't think I ever listened to it since it came out.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Seems lile they just went to the studio and were like "we need to give our fans fuel for high note compilations".

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Backtracked a bit, as a Somi fan it was very Y I K E S to see y'all shading the hell out of her here, while she arguably has more talent than y'all give her credit for, however, shading her for leaving JYPE, implying she has made a bad decision doing so, while all the evidence most of Somi fans have so far, is that she probably got kicked out of the ITZY lineup in the first place, felt quite weird. Y'all can stop blaming her for "deciding to leave JYPE" because maybe that decision wasn't hers in the first place. At the time of the news, she liked comments on IG that pointed towards that explanation. So hum, yeah, super cool to shade a girl who got booted out of groups lineups not only once but twice (no pun intended) by the same company she showed loyalty to all these years. Anyway, the whole situation is still unclear, but don't draw conclusion so fast as to why things happened, she always said she wanted to debut in a group again, she never said anything about going solo for all the 4 years I've been stanning her, and I'm pretty sure she'd prefer to debut in a group rather than as a solo, but this ain't an option for her anymore, she failed at it twice, and her own brand and reputation will always get in the way of the members she will be teamed up with (just like Sejeong & Mina still majorly eclipse everyone else on Gugudan, or Chaeyeon in DIA, and so on). Anyway, just here to bring some much needed nuance here.

Ah, a hard stan. Interesting.

RBB is much better than BB.

wyd.gif

Last edited:

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like to go full on girl crush you need amazing vocals.
OMG could pull it off
"Remember Me" had the right amount of attitude
994E6D3C5BD726BA085989

RBB is much better than BB.
99EC0D375BC9A941264025

jokes and all, but 'Bad Boy' is top tier Red Velvet. obvs just my opinion

The Mnet 4K resolution straight-on camera vids of OMG are about the closest we'll have until official dance practice vids are released.
오마이걸(OH MY GIRL)_다섯 번째 계절(The fifth season)(SSFWL)(Dance Practice Video)

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

I really love it, the girls are going out with a bang(er)! I'll miss them during whatever hiatus they'll take, there's no group having a similar sound and concept to theirs, it's a shame.

Chungha's little sisters also had a comeback, which I already love a lot more than their debut Hocus Pocus, even though it still lacks that tiny something to truly make it an amazing and iconic song. But it's pretty good nonetheless:

Winner had a comeback as well, it's fun and upbeat and summerish, but it doesn't top Really Really still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.