• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skoptsie

Nov 19, 2017
New Zealand
1. LOONA - Butterfly
2. Mamamoo - Gogobebe
3. Red Velvet - Psycho
4. Mamamoo - Hip
5. EVERGLOW - Bon Bon Chocolat
6. IZ*One - Violeta
7. ITZY - Dalla Dalla
8. Twice - Fancy
9. Hwasa - Twit
10. Red Velvet - Zimzalabim

Chipping-in as a noob, but from the 2019 I've heard so far these are the ones which do it for me.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
My gaydar says it is going to be something big. Now im interested. Feels like sony vs microsoft all over again 🤭🤭

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I would've paid to see someone on Pristin blackmail a famous actor on Korea again.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Dissenting opinion here: Im a bit conservative in this position, but i think idols should not date. I think it would disturb their performance in the group. I dont think it is wise decision.

Edit: i read the whole news. Errr, i think he should marry her. This is like a special case, but overall in general case i dont agree with idols dating during their peak career

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they can date as long as they understand that they still have to work and perform there duty as a member fully.

The issue here is that Chen and his fiancee were not using contraceptives and therefore led to there unexpected pregnancy (which I assume it was due to the wording of the letter). It will definitely affect his career for sure but this is something that can be avoided knowing safe sex practices.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever they do in their personal lives is their own business. Not allowing them to date only reinforces this weird idol culture where they're seen as Things and not People.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Dissenting opinion here: Im a bit conservative in this position, but i think idols should not date. I think it would disturb their performance in the group. I dont think it is wise decision.

Edit: i read the whole news. Errr, i think he should marry her. This is like a special case, but overall in general case i dont agree with idols dating during their peak career

Should athletes not be allowed to date either then? It's not a dissenting opinion. It's the wrong opinion

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Should athletes not be allowed to date either then? It's not a dissenting opinion. It's the wrong opinion
Well.. im not so into atheletes stuff so i dont really understand. But i stand with my opinion though, if you have different one it is okay too. I dont think i have to explain the reason why, but i just want to say im a bit conservative in this stuff if you really know what im talking about. I think you can pick the conclusion by your own

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Well.. im not so into atheletes stuff so i dont really understand. But i stand with my opinion though, if you have different one it is okay too. I dont think i have to explain the reason why, but i just want to say im a bit conservative in this stuff if you really know what im talking about. I think you can pick the conclusion by your own

Please help me understand then.
What do you mean by conservative? People shouldn't date until married? If you mean that then I don't agree but I would understand where you were coming from.
But why is there another rule for idols compared to other people? In the end they are just people doing their jobs, if we were to decide what people can do and not do in their personal lives that is just slavery.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
They do have dates, sex and relationships, but due to their profession, they need to hide it from the public. Honestly, let them be free and do it, it's not like they aren't doing it anyway.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Please help me understand then.
What do you mean by conservative? People shouldn't date until married? If you mean that then I don't agree but I would understand where you were coming from.
But why is there another rule for idols compared to other people? In the end they are just people doing their jobs, if we were to decide what people can do and not do in their personal lives that is just slavery.
Ha? No?? I think you misunderstand. Sex before marriage is okay, i also did it. What i meant is im a bit "old fashioned" in term of dating idols. I see things differently, i mean to me idols should have dedication to their fans. If i say it like this, you get what i mean right?

Oct 25, 2017
Ha? No?? I think you misunderstand. Sex before marriage is okay, i also did it. What i meant is im a bit "old fashioned" in term of dating idols. I see things differently, i mean to me idols should have dedication to their fans. If i say it like this, you get what i mean right?

We get what you mean, we just think that you are being an entitled brat if you think being a fan gives you a say on how someone else conducts themselves in private.

Dedicated to the fans means that they work hard to prepare for albums/ performances/ tours, that when they are on stage they perform to the best of their abilities and when they are meeting fans in an official capacity they are gracious and engaged with them (and if they can be gracious and engaged with fans during their time off then more power to them). It doesn't mean idols should have to sacrifice everything about themselves and their lives and frankly it is toxic to even think like that.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Gonna blame BigHit for Pristin and After Schools demise just like I blame them for GLAMs. Fuckem
???
Afterschool wasn't a thing by 2015
Pristin was already on the outs by late 2018 if anybody even kinda paid attention to how almost half of the girls disappeared.

Pledis can fuck girl groups (And Boygroups, thank Produce for Nuest's relevancy) all on their own. I dunno why you need to pin it on Bighit.

Really?

That BigHit girl group is a good example of what Pristine could've achieved.

Also I swear people forget that Source Music was actually who managed GLAM.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
My post was a joke about there not being a BigHit girl group.

Because there isn't. Because they don't care. Hence, Pristin not getting anything more than it's already gotten.

...But BigHit didn't make Pristin, BigHit probably wasn't even in talks with Pledis about a purchase before October 2018 and by that time Xiyeon and Kyla were already MIA, all on Pledis' watch.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
...But BigHit didn't make Pristin, BigHit probably wasn't even in talks with Pledis about a purchase before October 2018 and by that time Xiyeon and Kyla were already MIA, all on Pledis' watch.

Yes. You seem to be missing the point.

BigHit does not care about girl groups. If they did, they would have one.

As such, Pristin wouldn't have done better under BigHit.

Read the line of conversation you're replying to again, Woozies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Yes. You seem to be missing the point.

BigHit does not care about girl groups. If they did, they would have one.

As such, Pristin wouldn't have done better under BigHit.

Read the line of conversation you're replying to again, Woozies.

I mean, I get the line. I just think it doesn't really work. Their first girl group ended due to a blackmail sex scandal and since that they've had two boy groups with a explicitly confirmed plan for a girl group.

That's not exactly Yg or Jellyfish levels of not even bothering.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah I don't care about BigHit, they seem to follow the exact same path as YGE as far as girl groups are concerned, so heh.

EDIT: Actually, no, I find them even worse than YGE & Jellyfish on that account.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
source.gif

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

YGE actually has had 2 girl groups that are widely successful and have made a mark on the industry, as well as female soloists that are relevant too.
Jellyfish tried very hard with Gugudan, pushed them as soon as P101 ended, gave them several comebacks, launched 2 different units, and while they have been utterly misguided about what their sound and aesthetics should look like and kept it changing too much for people to care, they still tried a lot more than people give them credit for, had a lot of sales and a decent fandom for quite some time, and still was noticeable despite their lack of proper impact, and have members that are definitely quite popular, and whose popularity will carry on beyond Gugudan surviving or not.

Glam was just utter nugu and remained nugu throughout. That group has never ever been on my radar and I was super into Kpop in a hardcore way back when they were active. And I was defo into nugus, Tiny-G were one of my faves back then.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
YGE actually has had 2 girl groups that are widely successful and have made a mark on the industry, as well as female soloists that are relevant too.
Jellyfish tried very hard with Gugudan, pushed them as soon as P101 ended, gave them several comebacks, launched 2 different units, and while they have been utterly misguided about what their sound and aesthetics should look like and kept it changing too much for people to care, they still tried a lot more than people give them credit for, had a lot of sales and a decent fandom for quite some time, and still was noticeable despite their lack of proper impact, and have members that are definitely quite popular, and whose popularity will carry beyond Gugudan surviving or not.

Glam was just utter nugu and remained nugu throughout. That group has never ever been on my radar and I was super into Kpop in a hardcore way back when they were active.

That makes no sense. That's conflating success level with managerial action and effort. Which makes no sense.

Gugudan is a 3 year old group. They have been MIA for the entirety of their 3rd year.

Do we really gotta go over the laundry list of things with YG and their girl groups? Just having a piece in place does not give you brownie points just because.

I ain't sitting here saying Bighit is great. They tried once (with Source Music) and it fucked up something spectacular. But saying people like Pledis, YG and Jellyfish are better is some backward ass shit. It's almost as bad as saying TS are better with girl groups cause they had two, ignoring who the fuck TS Entertainment is.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
That makes no sense. That's conflating success level with managerial action and effort. Which makes no sense.

Gugudan is a 3 year old group. They have been MIA for the entirety of their 3rd year.

Do we really gotta go over the laundry list of things with YG and their girl groups? Just having a piece in place does not give you brownie points just because.

They are saying having a piece in place is better than having no piece at all. And the piece you had not being great prior to scandal.

I'm wondering where this additional credit you're giving BigHit in terms GG for this discussion is coming from.

Oct 27, 2017
Just 2 more days to submit those top 10/15/20 of 2019 lists! Single/title/mv releases

1. 203
  2. 167
  3. 130
  4. 129
  5. 120
  6. 104
  7. 89
  8. 82
  9. 81
  10. 80

Just some of the point totals from the top 10. Gotta Go before I go Psycho from tallying all this, but don't worry since I'll still be Hip to the thread, just don't be Icy if some of your favorites aren't in it. (I won't apologize)

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Butterfly will be the most boring #1. Even though I love that song, Curiosity is a better song from the same album.

Status
Not open for further replies.