• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Someone remind me, I can't remember... Is there an English date (+ platforms) announced for the localized Trails of Cold Steel 3? Or maybe that'll be at E3?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Earlier I fought some giant baboon as part of a sidequest in Legram and man, it felt quite disproportionately overtuned. Leveled a bit in the Aqua Shrine and came out around level...73-74 by just a simple runthrough. Gave me quite a bit of trouble originally but for once I had to tweak some orbments and master quartz distribution. Sharon ended up with like 60%-65% Evade which helped a lot when the boss focused on her and before long it went down.

I still feel it's a bit of a sudden spike, hence the "overtuned" part, but at least it was doable without having to weaken it via retries. It seems to be a rather "infamous" miniboss too, i'm sure you folks know who i'm talking about.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Yeah, that one gives a lot of people grief, especially on higher difficulties. It doesn't help that his ultimate craft ignores evasion, is an AOE and he likes to aim it away from your tank and towards the rest of your team.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I need to know, is what I'm currently going through in Chapter 1 of "Trails in the Sky: the 3rd", the entire game?

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I need to know, is what I'm currently going through in Chapter 1 of "Trails in the Sky: the 3rd", the entire game?
Depends by what you mean by "Is this the entire game".
Is the main game mainly going through dungeons, separated by plot advancement and the doors? Yes.
...Does the game change things up a little along the way though? Also yes.
Doors with an emphasis on talking to NPCs, doors with side activities, lore doors, MANY party members, and the plot generally picks up later in the game, even if it's still more a character piece than a big dramatic event

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
I tried that and it doesn't read I have saved data on the console. I tried again after redownloading the save data from the cloud and it doesn't see it.

Bug? I hope not because I've been waiting to play this
Just to check: Did you download the clear save data? It has to specifically be that, and not from new game plus, or the final dungeon, or something.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Depends by what you mean by "Is this the entire game".
Is the main game mainly going through dungeons, separated by plot advancement and the doors? Yes.
...Does the game change things up a little along the way though? Also yes.
Doors with an emphasis on talking to NPCs, doors with side activities, lore doors, MANY party members, and the plot generally picks up later in the game, even if it's still more a character piece than a big dramatic event

I see. Coming from FC and SC which were fantastic, this is quite the shift. Well it's only chapter 1. The first lore dump/memory fragment is surprisingly long, which is alright.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw Hatsuu mentioning on twitter her name had been removed from CS1 credits on PS4.

This is really really shitty.

Cqef

Oct 27, 2017
somewhere in France
It's an industry-wide practice as well, it's not just XSeed. Falcom themselves are guilty of this as well, just check how they didn't credit Ryo Takeshita for games they used his music in even after he quit (Zwei II, Nayuta no Kiseki, even Tokyo Xanadu).

Last edited:

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Just saw Hatsuu mentioning on twitter her name had been removed from CS1 credits on PS4.

This is really really shitty.

People are treating it like a move specifically designed to spite Brittany, but it's really just a quirky company policy that's been in place for years (it's the reason Brittany is in the credits of Trails in the Sky FC despite not having worked on that game) and people never complained about it until now.

It sucks that Brittany was fired at XSeed, but this is just a fan overreaction to something that was never meant as a slight to individual people.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Just began Chapter 2 in CSII:
Holy shit, I didn't expect Class VII to inherit the Courageous! That's ontop of everything else, such as customizing the bike and eventually Valimar apparently.I'm happy I was right when I guessed we'd search for the Thors students, building up a crew to eventually retake the Academy is an awesome goal. That sort of thing tends to happen near end game for a lot of JRPGs but here it's just chapter 2..lookin forward to see more later!

Also huh, dangerous, turtle near garrelia fortress. (appears after you find Anton) Gonna come back later for this one!

Erpy

May 31, 2018
A little note; while Cold Steel I was divided into a prologue and Chapter 1 through 7, Cold Steel II's structure is different; it's divided into a prologue and three Acts, two of which are divided into various sub-acts. So it's not really "just chapter 2".

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
A little note; while Cold Steel I was divided into a prologue and Chapter 1 through 7, Cold Steel II's structure is different; it's divided into a prologue and three Acts, two of which are divided into various sub-acts. So it's not really "just chapter 2".
Yeah from the look of it it's like chapter 2 part 1. Same way Chapter 1 was divided too as you mentionned.
Psxphile Most likely! Glad they released a 2nd game and gave us access to this relatively quickly.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get more of Agate in Chapter 2 but the game was quick to solve that with this chapter, though the trade off for that is that they introduced Zin and he was less relevant than Agate was in Chapter 2. Overall though I enjoyed that we get to see Agate as more than just kind of an ass and see him warm up to Estelle and Joshua.

Tita and Zin are probably the two weakest party members so far. Zin didn't really get a chance to do or say anything so I can't hold that against him too much but Tita was fairly dull, she's still likeable but I wasn't really interested in hearing more about her like I was with the other characters.

I think the actual story of this chapter was probably the least interesting so far, however it definitely picked up once it started to tie into the larger things that have been happening in the background and it left off in a really interesting spot. I was happy to see Olivier and Vander show up at the start of the Final Chapter as well as the game being incredibly clear that Kloe is far more important than she initially seemed, not exactly sure who she is but she has to be an important person.

Things are starting to come together and that's exciting.

The one element that's been handled a little strangely is the relationship between Estelle and Joshua. The game seemed to really hammer home early on that they were family and then it's sort of pivoted towards "well they aren't actually related and they just grew up in the same house" which makes it seem obvious they're going to be a couple at some point. They certainly hinted at the idea there were romantic feelings between them early on but it felt like the game was also trying to get across a familial connection so it's a little clunky that connection is suddenly swept away.

Also somebody at Falcolm really has a thing for this sort of relationship.

Onto the Final Chapter!

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get more of Agate in Chapter 2 but the game was quick to solve that with this chapter, though the trade off for that is that they introduced Zin and he was less relevant than Agate was in Chapter 2. Overall though I enjoyed that we get to see Agate as more than just kind of an ass and see him warm up to Estelle and Joshua.

Tita and Zin are probably the two weakest party members so far. Zin didn't really get a chance to do or say anything so I can't hold that against him too much but Tita was fairly dull, she's still likeable but I wasn't really interested in hearing more about her like I was with the other characters.

I think the actual story of this chapter was probably the least interesting so far, however it definitely picked up once it started to tie into the larger things that have been happening in the background and it left off in a really interesting spot. I was happy to see Olivier and Vander show up at the start of the Final Chapter as well as the game being incredibly clear that Kloe is far more important than she initially seemed, not exactly sure who she is but she has to be an important person.

Things are starting to come together and that's exciting.

The one element that's been handled a little strangely is the relationship between Estelle and Joshua. The game seemed to really hammer home early on that they were family and then it's sort of pivoted towards "well they aren't actually related and they just grew up in the same house" which makes it seem obvious they're going to be a couple at some point. They certainly hinted at the idea there were romantic feelings between them early on but it felt like the game was also trying to get across a familial connection so it's a little clunky that connection is suddenly swept away.

Also somebody at Falcolm really has a thing for this sort of relationship.

Onto the Final Chapter!

The scene where Tita briefly shorts out Estelle's mental capacitors with an overload of technobabble and the scene where Estelle briefly fantasizes about taking Tita back with her to Rolent so she can just pinch her cheeks all day long covers most of what Tita is about. She's a (genius) kid in her early teens who doesn't have a big tragic backstory and is too young to have layers of ulterior motives or be a possible enemy agent in disguise. One of Tita's most important purposes are her interactions with Agate. Those two are adorable together.

Zin is kind of the Gaius Worzel of the Sky games. He's strong, friendly, ultra-dependable and a total bro, but not a great source of drama. He has some nice interactions with Kilika though and he's slightly more playful than Wind-bro.

You played Cold Steel, right? What Mueller Vander was referring to were those attacks on the Bracer Guild branches all across the empire that pretty much crippled the organisation within the Erebonian borders. They were happening during the events of this game and Cassius was brought in to investigate them and a lead a counter-offensive. The game is basically telling you that serious shit is happening behind the scenes while you're getting kittens out of trees and acting in gender-bender school plays.

The relationship between Estelle and Joshua wasn't really "suddenly" swept into possible hints of romance. It's been gradually building up to this point. Fortunately, the fact that Estelle and Josh are the protagonists who you spend the entire game with allowed Falcom to handle it fairly well.

It's not so much that Falcom has a thing for this sort of relationship; it's fairly common in anime in general. Sky FC is one of the few examples of the trope being done fairly well.

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Zero today.

Ended up getting used to the translation's "quirks" by the end. I like how the game tied into--and resolved--the Estelle, Joshua, and Renne story arc. I imagine the emotional moments in their story in both Chapter 3 and the ending would've hit harder with a better translation, but it was still good even despite that.

Was surprised that you don't really see anyone new from Ouroboros in the story, or at least not anyone who's openly a member. Based on the conversation at the end with Joachim, though, I expect they are involved.

Wasn't expecting Estelle and Joshua to be playable, either. Was happy to have both of them back in my team, but I would've figured they'd still be way stronger than Lloyd's group at this point...

Will move on to Ao shortly.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Good progress in chapter 2 of Cold Steel II!
Today's session began with me having to save Elliot's sister, Fiona. The banter your team has against the officer pointing a sword at her was pretty good and the guy himself was pretty funny with the whole "rolling his R's" speech pattern. We had to defeat two armored beasts before and upon doing so, two more spawned but Neidthart showed up and slayed them for us! Fiona was safely rescued and we moved on to fulfill a couple of requests, one of them being some training against a Soldat piloted by Neidthart.

Once those requests were completed and we returned aboard the Courageous (with quite a few more students recruited!) we got contacted by Angelica, I missed her so much! <3
It looks like she knows where Alisa's mother is but before telling us, gunfire could be heard and she had to cut the call. Naturally, we made our way to Roer and not long after entering town, and trying to gather informations, Angie greeted us disguised as a sister from the church! Seems like Irina is held prisoner inside Sachen's mine so this is where i'm headed next, with Angie in my party. Too bad it seems temporary but i'll enjoy it while I can!

Looking forward to more fun later!

Also
SPOILER_The_Legend_of_Heroes__Trails_of_Cold_Steel_II_20190610063142.png

i'm sure you are, Angie.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
I've finished chapter 5 in my Trails of Cold Steel 3rd replay and I can't understate how much I love the game.

Relying on a HUB you return each time was a design decision that I'm not sure I'm willing to part with. The Crossbell games have the full world map explorable by the end of chapter 2 of the first game, which makes it in my opinion excessive and both too time consuming and repetitive (almost two full games going through the same places and the same people every single time, as enjoyable as it is, it's a bit much), but the Erebonia arc manages to strike a perfect balance with a contained town you visit each chapter. It gives much more depth to the NPCs and increases our investment in them, it keeps the sense of adventure of discovering new places, and it gives more oportunities for characters to just do stuff that's not even minimally related to the plot, plus allowing its direct sequel to expand on the world map instead of feeling like a complete retread like in Sky and Zero/Ao.
I know the choice of choosing a high school setting was controversial, but I think it pays off. All Trails games are coming of age stories to some extent, so a high school setting isn't something that strikes me as dissonant or unwelcome for the franchise, especially when it will be just 1 single arc of many, and it will give us even the opportunity to play as the teacher in CSIII which is a fairly unique PoV for the setting.

Beyond that, while the writing has undoubtebly taken a hit in comparisson to the Sky trilogy (I don't agree is drastic, though, but noticeable nonetheless), I like a lot of how they decided to approach the conflicts between the characters. They make well use thematically of the high school setting by making most interpersonal conflicts not just about overcoming differences through friendship, but realizing their own personal shortcomings through friendship. I love, for example, how Laura's conflict isn't really about Fie being a jaeger, but about how she's struggling to shake off her own prejudice and that makes her realize that she's not as mature as she thought she was.
The only (minor) issue with that is that they get a bit to cute trying to be subversive, so before everything is lay down to you it's possible to miss the bread crumbs and just assume that they're going for the trope without adding much else if you're not too invested, and it doesn't help that the conflict of Alisa with Rean at the beginning of the game is there entirely to subvert expectations (look, Alisa will be the tsundere archetype.... oh, turns out she isn't. That's the whole reason is there and Alisa's motive for holding the grudge so long is not super in tune with her characterization).

And while I think the writing isn't as consistent or hits the highs of the Sky series, I have to say that plot wise I find the Erebonia arc (and Crossbell) a considerable step up from Sky. The level of interconnectivity between the politics of the setting and its factions with the more JRPG anime nature of the ultimate grand conflict is fairly minimal in Sky, but it's completely off the charts in the other two arcs, and it's much more engaging for it. The only downside is that the emotional elements aren't as strong as in Sky, but that's pretty much by design as they're a different type of story.

Ultimately, it also helps that the combat has reached it's absolute peak in Cold Steel. While the series' combat is good in general, I wouldn't put it among my favorites before reaching CS. One element that I think was a massive improvement was tying the abilities to the quartz themselves. It both streamlines the process and makes it more tactically engaging. Gone are the days where Zin could become a powerhouse healer by just trying to build him as a tank. Gone are the days where spellcasters had such a large list of spells that they had almost no weakness on their repertoire allowing them to buff, debuff and attack at all times. There's just a lot more trade offs right now, which makes the character building process so, so much better. The stacking helps a lot with that too, allowing players to go overboard in terms of specialization unlike before.
Add the Ao's master quartz system and you have one of the most solid character building systems in a JRPG. This is the FFVII materia system showing its true full potential.

Anyway, I think I've written enough already, but I just wanted to share a bit of my love for the game while I'm replaying it. With the sole exception of the 3rd, each replay I do of any game in the series gives me a much more profound appreciation for them, as well as a more clear understanding of its shortcomings and achievments.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Laura looks fantastic in CSIII! <3
More progress in Cold Steel II!
Since my last update, I saved Irina Reinford in a pretty cool segment, of course Sharon saved the day and Angie's uncle got his deserved comeuppance. Gotta love how Irina is mostly offended because he decided to live in their family home. Haha
Then we had to stop Angie's dad too, they had what I could describe as a..."very Rogner family dispute" which ended in a fight against V inside a huge titan soldat. Unfortunately, V did not survive the fight, which shook Rean a lot but it's war...it's to be expected.

After another tour of erebonia, completing sidequests and acquiring some Zemurian Ore for a new weapon for Valimar (and meeting the unpleasant Schmidt too) tragedy struck once more as Celdic was sadly hit by the flame of war, all caused by the few remaining Kreuzen Provincial Soldiers loyal to Duke Albarea. Unfortunately, Otto, the market leader of Celdic, perished in the attack... :/ It did not take long before we brought the attack to his hiding place, only to be greeted by S at the entrance. Perfect time to test the new sword! The fight was pretty simple and almost ended the same way V's battle did...except this time Rean saved S. Will she be a party member in the future? Who knows but i'm very interested! I also learned that Sara used to be a jaeger, I did not expect that but I always knew there was more to her beyond being a bracer. I think the first hint to that was in Cold Steel when you entered the schoolhouse the very first time and the way she interacted with Fie. (who knew about her past a jaeger) Was just a matter of time before it was revealed to us!

Now I need to visit the other shrines for even more Zemurian Ore to power-up Valimar sword but for now it's sidequest time...and speaking of sidequests.

I returned to Roer and completed the quest where you needed to fix the pocketwatch of Alisa's dad (which was owned by her mom) and man...the end almost gave me teary eyes. I pretty much expected Irina to act the way she usually act but I also expected her to have a different reaction upon being on her own and I was right. See, once the pocketwatch is fixed it shows a wedding picture of Irina and Alisa's dad together...but it also hides a 2nd picture which Alisa missed out on...a picture of her mother holding her when she was a baby with the caption "Our precious treasure". Such a beautiful sidequest, one of the many reasons why I love going back to talk to NPCs whenever a major story event occured.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The Steam version of Sky 1 keeps crashing when i try and open the menu... not sure what's changed, I never had this problem last time

It's lucky the game autosaves or it would be unplayable like this

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Laura looks fantastic in CSIII! <3
More progress in Cold Steel II!
Since my last update, I saved Irina Reinford in a pretty cool segment, of course Sharon saved the day and Angie's uncle got his deserved comeuppance. Gotta love how Irina is mostly offended because he decided to live in their family home. Haha
Then we had to stop Angie's dad too, they had what I could describe as a..."very Rogner family dispute" which ended in a fight against V inside a huge titan soldat. Unfortunately, V did not survive the fight, which shook Rean a lot but it's war...it's to be expected.

After another tour of erebonia, completing sidequests and acquiring some Zemurian Ore for a new weapon for Valimar (and meeting the unpleasant Schmidt too) tragedy struck once more as Celdic was sadly hit by the flame of war, all caused by the few remaining Kreuzen Provincial Soldiers loyal to Duke Albarea. Unfortunately, Otto, the market leader of Celdic, perished in the attack... :/ It did not take long before we brought the attack to his hiding place, only to be greeted by S at the entrance. Perfect time to test the new sword! The fight was pretty simple and almost ended the same way V's battle did...except this time Rean saved S. Will she be a party member in the future? Who knows but i'm very interested! I also learned that Sara used to be a jaeger, I did not expect that but I always knew there was more to her beyond being a bracer. I think the first hint to that was in Cold Steel when you entered the schoolhouse the very first time and the way she interacted with Fie. (who knew about her past a jaeger) Was just a matter of time before it was revealed to us!

Now I need to visit the other shrines for even more Zemurian Ore to power-up Valimar sword but for now it's sidequest time...and speaking of sidequests.

I returned to Roer and completed the quest where you needed to fix the pocketwatch of Alisa's dad (which was owned by her mom) and man...the end almost gave me teary eyes. I pretty much expected Irina to act the way she usually act but I also expected her to have a different reaction upon being on her own and I was right. See, once the pocketwatch is fixed it shows a wedding picture of Irina and Alisa's dad together...but it also hides a 2nd picture which Alisa missed out on...a picture of her mother holding her when she was a baby with the caption "Our precious treasure". Such a beautiful sidequest, one of the many reasons why I love going back to talk to NPCs whenever a major story event occured.

Laura's attire in CS3 pretty much seems to be a deliberate copy of Victor's.

Cold Steel I actually gives you a clue that can pretty much give Sara's past away. If you do her final bonding event, Sara directly admits to Rean that she's originally from North Ambria. Seeing that you completed Trails in the Sky the 3rd, you probably remember that North Ambria State collapsed onto itself after the incident with the Salt Pale (Sara was either not born yet or little more than an infant when that happened) and that the income generated by the activities of the Northern Jaegers is pretty much all that keeps the country from sinking altogether. Jaegers are pretty much their one and only export product. Between that and Sara's savage fighting style, the fact that she's a former jaeger herself isn't difficult to deduce, although it requires you to see that specific scene with her.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
So how do I go about buying Zero and Ao (for PC, I assume the fan translations are for PC?), digitally if at all possible?

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
So how do I go about buying Zero and Ao (for PC, I assume the fan translations are for PC?), digitally if at all possible?

You can hit up DLSite for Zero. American Credit Cards work on there so I had no issue purchasing and installing Zero. From there it's just setting your PC to Japan locale or installing locale emu and running it in JP to getting it to work. The Fan TLs are out there, just need to hit up google for them.

Ao on PC is a nightmare and a half, here's a guide if you want to follow it. https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/8fjsfo/how_to_buy_ao_no_kiseki_on_pc/

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Laura's attire in CS3 pretty much seems to be a deliberate copy of Victor's.

Cold Steel I actually gives you a clue that can pretty much give Sara's past away. If you do her final bonding event, Sara directly admits to Rean that she's originally from North Ambria. Seeing that you completed Trails in the Sky the 3rd, you probably remember that North Ambria State collapsed onto itself after the incident with the Salt Pale (Sara was either not born yet or little more than an infant when that happened) and that the income generated by the activities of the Northern Jaegers is pretty much all that keeps the country from sinking altogether. Jaegers are pretty much their one and only export product. Between that and Sara's savage fighting style, the fact that she's a former jaeger herself isn't difficult to deduce, although it requires you to see that specific scene with her.
Yeah no wonder then, I haven't seen that specific bonding event with her.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
You can hit up DLSite for Zero. American Credit Cards work on there so I had no issue purchasing and installing Zero. From there it's just setting your PC to Japan locale or installing locale emu and running it in JP to getting it to work. The Fan TLs are out there, just need to hit up google for them.

Ao on PC is a nightmare and a half, here's a guide if you want to follow it. https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/8fjsfo/how_to_buy_ao_no_kiseki_on_pc/
I really hope NISA with their bigger coffers can make a localization of Ao and Zero happen, even with their typical "care" in localizing games. It would be so great to just have these on Steam.

Oct 27, 2017
And while I think the writing isn't as consistent or hits the highs of the Sky series, I have to say that plot wise I find the Erebonia arc (and Crossbell) a considerable step up from Sky. The level of interconnectivity between the politics of the setting and its factions with the more JRPG anime nature of the ultimate grand conflict is fairly minimal in Sky, but it's completely off the charts in the other two arcs, and it's much more engaging for it.

Interesting you say that, because the "anime"-ness (for lack of a better phrase) of Cold Steel is one of my bigger problems with it. I actually really prefer the subdued take in Sky and its emphasis on the political side of things - that scene of
Olivier with Vander vs Kloe with Estelle as mediator
is one of my favorites of the series ever. I prefer when it gets less into JRPG cliches and more focus on the established series politics.

Though Divine Knight battles are fun, I will admit!

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope NISA with their bigger coffers can make a localization of Ao and Zero happen, even with their typical "care" in localizing games. It would be so great to just have these on Steam.

It'd be the dream for both those games to have excellent localisations and widely available to the western public, but I'm not holding my breath for that happening in my lifetime until I see a pre-order button on the steam page.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The Steam version of Sky 1 keeps crashing when i try and open the menu... not sure what's changed, I never had this problem last time

It's lucky the game autosaves or it would be unplayable like this
Which version are you launching with: DX8 or DX9? Try the other one and see if it fares better.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
i had to play entire sky trilogy on DX8, with DX9 there was this weird 1 second transition delay that was pissing me off

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Dang, I had hoped we would've found better/easier ways to buy them (Ao in particular) by now lol. But no such luck, I see.

Oh well, I'll have to look into these next week. I just finished The 3rd (and wrote about it in the RPG Community thread) and was planning on taking a break, but I really kind of just want to keep playing Trails and right now, I think I'd be fine with the shitty TL for Zero. I'll just replay them in a few years when better TLs are out.

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Thought I replied to this before.

PSP is also supported, though the Zero english TL currently out there has some major crash bugs when it comes to cooking and casino mini-games. Zerker's edit will hopefully get those ironed out since they plan to support PSP too. But a lot of their focus will be on PC.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
PSP is also supported, though the Zero english TL currently out there has some major crash bugs when it comes to cooking and casino mini-games. Zerker's edit will hopefully get those ironed out since they plan to support PSP too. But a lot of their focus will be on PC.

For Ao too? I'm wondering if the easiest way to play the translations would be PC version for Zero from DLSite, PSP version for Ao from wherever. Couldn't do any sort of save transferring in that case, obviously, but I doubt it'd be that huge a loss. I'll probably just beeline the main story of Zero.

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm just completely out of the loop when it comes to these two games and their fan TLs lol.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
For Ao too? I'm wondering if the easiest way to play the translations would be PC version for Zero from DLSite, PSP version for Ao from wherever. Couldn't do any sort of save transferring in that case, obviously, but I doubt it'd be that huge a loss. I'll probably just beeline the main story of Zero.

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm just completely out of the loop when it comes to these two games and their fan TLs lol.
Yeah, Ao too.

Both (Chinese) PC and PSP versions use a similar save type, but there's some steps that need to be taken in order to get them to work:

It requires the use of the PPSSPP emulator to decrypt/encrypt the saves, so you'll also need an PSP image file of Zero/Ao to complete the steps.

Seems Falcom altered the save format when they released their own version of Zero PC, you won't be able to transfer saves between it and Zero PSP.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Ao too.

Both (Chinese) PC and PSP versions use a similar save type, but there's some steps that need to be taken in order to get them to work:

It requires the use of the PPSSPP emulator to decrypt/encrypt the saves, so you'll also need an PSP image file of Zero/Ao to complete the steps.

Seems Falcom altered the save format when they released their own version of Zero PC, you won't be able to transfer saves between it and Zero PSP.

Gotcha, thanks. Yeah, I'm not too worried about the save transferring, but if it is possible, that's obviously a plus. I'll look into going with PC version for Zero and PSP version for Ao, then.

e: where can I download the current best TLs for both Zero and Ao?

Last edited: