• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
Rygar preaches the truth! This is a great game, I have it on the bone. This is how you update an old school game for modern consoles. (I consider myself a big fan of the Genesis original). Just a riot. Great player and team names and funny commentary (definitely skews to adults).

Steam and bone both have demos, not sure if that is still the case?

Chixmeal

Banned
May 30, 2018
Boy this game has some easy as s achievements. 950/1000 just by doing a season in the lowest difficulty. But then that last 50g is an absurd time sink and the achievement tracker doesn't even tell you how close you are.

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
Bought it back in Early Access on PC and it's been great :) Congrats on the community spotlight!

SickBoy

Oct 25, 2017
I played the early access trial and it was pretty fun. Was waiting for a sale, but will definitely consider it on Switch as long as there's not a huge premium and it performs OK.

About the only thing I didn't like about the game was the commentary.

Apr 24, 2018
Can't wait to grab this on Switch, I have fond memories of my brother and I playing this and Mutant League Hockey on Genesis.

PS4 pro enhanced or no? I might have to double dip..

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
For someone loving NBA Jam and other arcade sports games (RIP), I always wanted to give Blitz a go but I am outside of the US so it's hard to come by.
Is this fun for anyone not really into football, like is it arcade enough that I will have a good time?

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
For someone loving NBA Jam and other arcade sports games (RIP), I always wanted to give Blitz a go but I am outside of the US so it's hard to come by.
Is this fun for anyone not really into football, like is it arcade enough that I will have a good time?

Yeah, this game has very few rules, and also encourages you to cheat any way you can. Can try the demo to see if you like it.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I just watched some videos and it looks a lot of fun indeed. I put it to my Xbox download que but will also try on PC to see where to play :)
I never play arcade sports games online because I suck at them, haha, but maybe I will try this one.

Waiiit, Tim Kitzrow?? Bought.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I played the demo for this a while back hoping for a Blitz-fix on PC and came away a bit disappointed. It wasn't bad, but I didn't really understand the mechanics and the gameplay didn't seem to have the polish and impact of the best football games. Has it improved since launch? Does the game get better as you get a feel for the mechanics?

I love arcade sports games, so I want to love this.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I played the demo for this a while back hoping for a Blitz-fix on PC and came away a bit disappointed. It wasn't bad, but I didn't really understand the mechanics and the gameplay didn't seem to have the polish and impact of the best football games. Has it improved since launch? Does the game get better as you get a feel for the mechanics?

I love arcade sports games, so I want to love this.

They added a faster movement speed option a few weeks after launch, other then that a few new teams and stadiums with some other slight tweaks to gameplay.

Game is all about learning and mastering your dirty tricks, and know when the ref is on the take and you have to kill him.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
How is the football gameplay. I am not looking for something Madden deep, but something with some substance

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
How is the football gameplay. I am not looking for something Madden deep, but something with some substance

You can turn off the stuff that makes it Mutant League if you want to play it as a more straight football game (Dirty Tricks, Ref bribing, Player perma deaths). If you do that you'd be looking at something more in line with Blitz the League gameplay. Might like it if that is what you are more after. Although the update when Dynasty mode releases might add more depth if that's what you are after, with play making and player leveling and drafting.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Downloading the demo right now :)
What settings should I use?
Never played Blitz, nor this and I have no clue about football rules, haha. Well, the basics I know I guess...

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
it's fun but I feel like I am missing something because I am not a football fan, and also that's probably why I am bad ;)
Offense I do understand, but what do you do at defense other then pick a play and hopefully get lucky?
The camera also seems a bit low - but like I said, I never played any football games and the likes :)

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I always try and leap over the defense to try and sack the QB if that doesn't work I will switch to another defender and try and jump block passes and hope for an interception.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Aw, hoped for a Steam sale :( as the game looks really muddy on consoles (I guess Demo is same build as full?)
I will wait for the Switch version and then decide, meanwhile the demo is really fun and eough to play once in a while!
Still have not won a single match, lol.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Does this have crossplay at all? Loved mutant league on genesis. Want to play in pc, my friends only have ps4

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
Man, I so wanted to like this game. Love the Mutant League series on the Genesis. But the game just never clicked for me, although I have only tried the demo. Might give it another shot when Switch version releases for some 1v1 with friends.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Oh fuck a Switch version is coming?! I was pissed it wasn't on sale on Steam, but now I'll just wait and get it day one on Switch if it is optimized.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I loved this as a kid, didn't even know this was out until I saw the OT on the normal page. Just downloaded the demo if it hits the spot I'll buy it. I guess its an hour I'll get?

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
It's a small community but it's a friendly community that runs events every week.
DhNJSXAU0AA3XiT

Edit:Steam sales leak. Looks like this game is sitting at 9,280 sales on PC.

Last edited:

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I saw MFL had an update on my Xbox One X. Unless I missed something along the way, the game now has X enhancements. It looks to be running at 2160p.