• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
ybop3k4o

ybxyx55p
ycjy6wmj
Official Thread

Mood music brought to you by Monsatan Industries"If the law can't stop us do you think you can?" Mutant League Theme cover
Play the demo brought to you by Steam"If there's a 3 in there we ain't touching it!" Steam Store Page

Release Date: (PC)October 31st 2017, (PS4 and Xbox One) January 19th.
Price: $19.99
Developer: Digital Dreams Entertainment
Genre: Arcade Sports
Number of Players: 1-4 Local, 2 Online
Platforms: PC (Steam), with PS4 and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch ( September 2018)
Game is up on Xbox game preview: Here
Links
Official Site / MFL Twitter / Michael Mendheim Twitter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yahomlls
Mutant Football League is the spiritual successor to 1993 hit Mutant League Football . It's produced and lead by original Mutant League creator Michael Mendheim, and is a 7-on-7 arcade styled American Football game heavily inspired by games like: NFL Blitz, NFL Street, Backbreaker and Blood Bowl. Where the goal is to get the most points at the end of the 4th quarter. Or kill enough of the opposing team that they can't field a team anymore, and have to forfeit. With pre/post game and play-by-play commentary by Grim Blitzrow voiced by NBA Jam & NFL Blitz legend Tim Kitzrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:
- Voice work from Tim Kitzrow.
- 5 Races each with their own perks and disadvantages: Skeleton, Alien, Orc, Robot, Human Mutant
- 18 Teams each with their own All-Star players and Dirty Tricks.
- 18 Home stadiums each with their own traps( Landmines, Pits, Giant Worms ect.) and weather hazards (Lightning storms, Acid rain, Blizzards ect.)
- 5 game modes with 5 difficulties settings from Newbie to AllStarMasochist.
Play Now (Exhibition mode play with up to 4 players with each other vs AI or competitive)
Season (Play a series of games, and try and make it to the Championships. Then onto the Mayhem Bowl.)
Playoffs (Jump right into the Championships and go for the Mayhem Bowl.)
Online (1v1 games)
Practice (Can play alone with no opponent to test out controls and Dirty Tricks. Or you can throw in some AI to test out plays.)

Talked about upcoming features from the dev team:
- More races are coming Werewolves and Demons.
- Team/Plays/Stadium/Character customization.
- Cheerleaders
- Single player story mode. Where you create a player and take him through games learning more about the Mutant League world.
- Coaches they added slight commentary to the old game, but they were mostly there for extra comedic value. They all had amazing lost screen animations I hope they get added.
ya7h2k9e

Beginner tips:

Hurting players after a play is all well and fine. Even killing them, but killing them after the whistle blows will get you yardage penalty. Although often it is worth the penalty to kill an All-Star player (Players with stars over their heads.) or Quarterbacks on their team (Once they lose 3 Quarterbacks you win).
y8zq5esc

Watch out for field hazards when you have the ball. If you are killed while holding it you will fumble and give the other team a chance to steal the ball.
y6uacjdl

Save your offensive Dirty Tricks for 3rd and 4th downs. They let you push the ball to the first down line (yellow line) when you need it the most
yd69l43n
yaupuuc6

Some Dirty Tricks like Bombs away are good for killing off some of the other teams players. Just make sure to hit the B button to switch to your receiver and move him away from the blast.
yaal89e7

Defensive Dirty Tricks like Strawberry fields (my favorite one) if used during the 4th down, can pretty much guarantee a turn over.
y73kcosh

Using the Bribe Ref Dirty Trick is a good way to have every play go in your favor. Even if the opposing team scores a touchdown a bribed ref will just call them out for not partying hard enough in the end zone. Stripping the touchdown away from them and give them yard penalties.
ybywvcss

Make sure to use the Ref attack Dirty Trick to kill a bribed ref. You dont want someone on the take calling plays get a new ref in there.
ydgmtorc

Teams, Players, Dirty Tricks and Stadiums:
-Nuked London Hatriots
All-Stars: Bomb Shady (QB), Falcon Rupture (CB), Demon Mcthwarty (S), Dante Firepower (LB)
Dirty Tricks: Beast mode, Shotgun, Ginormous, QB sack attack
Stadium: Phlegmbly Stadium, Ground Zero, London (Nuclear winter)
-New Yuck Tyrants
All-Stars: Steeleye Maiming (QB), Ginormous Stankins (Coverback), O'Hell Wreckem JR (Receiver), Abandon Brawlins (S)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Warp speed, Berserk, Zap attack
Stadium:Threatlife Stadium, New Yuck, New Yuck (Cold and cloudy, light snow)
-Motor City Maniacs
All-Stars: Ratspew Splattered (QB), Stingy Lancet (Blitzer), Virus Decay (Coverback)
Dirty Tricks: Chainsaw massacre, Roid rage, Warp speed, Zap attack
Stadium: Gored Field, Detroit Rock City, Michigan (Perfect conditions)
-Mile High Chronic
All-Stars: Crib Adlib (Coverback), Von Killer (Line Basher), Fist Harrass (Coverback), Nefarious Comet (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Beast mode, Bombs away, Ginormous, Strawberry fields
Stadium: No Authority Field Indica Springs, Colorado (Sunny and trippy)
-Midway Mutants
All-Stars: Gorgon Powered (RB), Zany Leviathan (Line Basher), Violence Mcfearsom (Line Basher)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Roid rage, Berserk, Thunderclap
Stadium: Mercenary Field, Chiraq, Killinois (Stormy with thunder snow)
-Microhard Mutilators
All-Stars: Hustle Killsome (QB), Hurl Vomit (S), Mouthy Sherminator (Cover Back), Slobby Banger (Line Basher)
Dirty Tricks: Roid rage, Shotgun, Berserk, QB sack attack
Stadium: Hard Crash, Mircohard, Moshington (Cloudy with rain)
-Malice Hellboys
All-Stars: Drak Bloodclot (QB), Spawn Fleas (Line Basher), Shriekial Helliot (RB), Dead Tyrant (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Chainsaw massacre, Roid rage, Ginormous, Thunderclap
Stadium: Hel-L Stadium, Gehenna, Texas (Hot as Hell)
-Leaveland Burns
All-Stars: Doit F. Shacknews (Enforcer)
Dirty Tricks: Flame on, Shotgun, Berserk, Strawberry fields
Stadium: Fist Energy Stadium, Leavland, Ohio (Toxic smog, Acid rain)
-Insane Cults
All-Stars: Andspew Upchuck (QB), T.Y. Hellbent (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Warp speed, Berserk, Hot potato
Stadium: Mucous Asylum Stadium, Looneyapolis, Craziana (Perfect conditions)
-Grim Bay Attackers
All-Stars: Airbourne Dodgers (QB), Slay Wrathspew (Line Basher), Heehaw Trix (S), Ghouly Full-nelson (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Flame on, Shotgun, Berserk, Warp speed
Stadium: Slambone Field, Grim Bay, Ex-consin (Blizzard conditions)
-Galaxy Chaos
All-Stars: Xeno-Hunter (QB), Apex Predator (Receiver), Elite Sanghelly (Cover Back)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Warp speed, Strawberry fields, Zap attack
Stadium: Ceti Alpha Stadium, Meteorite DCLXV1 (No weather, duh.)
-Deadlanta Vultures
All-Stars: Ratty Ice (QB), Dementia Freakman (RB), Ghoulio Bones (Receiver), Brick Sleazy (Line Basher)
Dirty Tricks: Roid rage, Shotgun, Berserk, Warp speed
Stadium: Dirty South Dome, Deadlanta, Georgia (Warm and humid)
-Croakland Invaders
All-Stars: Rave Scar (QB), Reggae Hellscent (S), Martian Beast (RB), Maulie Smack (blitzer)
Dirty Tricks: Beast mode, Chainsaw massacre, QB sack attack, Zap attack
Stadium: The Hell Hole, Croakland, Crazedzonia (Heat and lightning)
-Cardinal Sins
All-Stars: Scary Double-barrel (Receiver), Rabid Bloodstun (RB), Killpatrick Beaterson (CB), Tyrant Wrathspew (S)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Flame on, QB sack attack, Warp speed
Stadium: University of Chimera Stadium, Tombstone, Scarizona (Extreme heat and dry)
-Blitzburg Steelheads
All-Stars: Sven Rottenburger (QB), Hambonio Crown (Receiver), Invadervon hell (RB)
Dirty Tricks: Beast mode, Chainsaw massacre, Ginormous, Thunderclap
Stadium: Three Mile Island Stadium, Steeltown, Pittsvilevania (Nuclear lighting, Acid rain)
-Tokyo Terminators
All-Stars: Akinori Sumoninja (RB), Otomo Akria (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Chainsaw massacre, Warp speed, Hot potato, Zap attack
Stadium: Croakyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan (Perfect conditions)
-Scarolina Panzers
All-Stars: Wham Neutron (QB), Nuke Freakly (Line Basher), Lawless Heinous (Line Basher), Bled Moldsen (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Flame on, Shotgun, Berserk, Ginormous
Stadium: Stank of America Field, Chuckit, South Scarolina (Clear and calm)
-Orcs of Hazzard
All-Stars: Cletus Moonshine (RB), Cooter Spuke (Blitzer), Eustice Mustang (Enforcer)
Dirty Tricks: Chainsaw massacre, Fart, Ginormous, QB sack attack
Stadium: Skinnin B. Johnson Stadium, Gristle Jock, Gore-ga (Rain and lightning)

System requirements
MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Core2Quad 2.67 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 6 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel i5-4590
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 6 GB available space

y8cwxapo
y9t8fzww[

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I really need to pick this up. MLF was one of my favorite Genesis games.

It's super quick and snappy. I've missed arcade sports games, if this one dose real good in sales they said they will open up conversations for future Mutant League sports (Hockey please!)

edit: In my blundering I misspelled league in the title oops! Need a mod to fix it.

Last edited:

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Might grab this, my 6 year old son is just starting to play flag football, and is falling for the sport hard...madden is probably too complex (and the new maddens I don't even think are fun). If I could play madden 94 with him I would, it was a simpler time back then.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Might grab this, my 6 year old son is just starting to play flag football, and is falling for the sport hard...madden is probably too complex (and the new maddens I don't even think are fun). If I could play madden 94 with him I would, it was a simpler time back then.

Just make sure to go to the options and turn on the profanity filter. They can get a little loose although funny with the cursing in the commentary.

Last edited:

luciddre4m

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I've been following this one for years and I'm really glad it's finally releasing! My friend and I still fire up the OG Mutant League every now and then on the Gens emulator to keep our rivalry going. I still have my boxed Genesis copy in my closet too!

I haven't played MFL yet so I'm hoping it recaptures that charm and jank of the original. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the game having an announcer. I love the old crazy coach and player "voices." I also hope it runs on the PC I built in 2010 lol.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I've been following this one for years and I'm really glad it's finally releasing! My friend and I still fire up the OG Mutant League every now and then on the Gens emulator to keep our rivalry going. I still have my boxed Genesis copy in my closet too!

I haven't played MFL yet so I'm hoping it recaptures that charm and jank of the original. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the game having an announcer. I love the old crazy coach and player "voices." I also hope it runs on the PC I built in 2010 lol.

Same still have my boxed MLFootball and MLHockey.

Gonna have to wait for a console/Switch version but man, I love some of those pun NFL player names.

Not that long of a wait for the PS4 and Xbone versions, only gotta wait til around February.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
god damn what a game. wish i backed it just to support that team

Still can on the website. Two weeks ago I bought the $40 Genesis backerkit and one of the $60 statues to support them. I really hope they put out jerseys or team helmets I would most likely buy a couple, I'm in love with this game it's everything I've wanted from a new Mutant League.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Full release is live, new trailer and a 365mb patch. Has a new UI and 2 new fields for Insane Cults and Tokyo Terminators. They are putting together a full patch list soon.

BlaineStarJoe

Oct 27, 2017
These games were so much fun to play as a kid; they really played into that Garbage Pale Kids humor. I've been playing MLF and MLH on emulators recently. I had to get my handles, but it definitely took me back in time.

Zac Dynamite

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up on Xbox(Game Preview) last night. Only had time to play one game, but I can already tell this is going to get a lot of playtime. The swtich to Blitz style mechanics is perfect for this game.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
I got pretty hype when I heard this was in xb preview program
Definitely willing to test it out this weekend
Hope it reminds me why as a kid I played more of this than Bill Walsh college football

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
This game is sooooo good, it sucks that nobody is talking about it.

I'm surprised PC players aren't paying more attention for it considering they're always saying they want Madden.

And sure, this ain't exactly Madden, but football is football!

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
This game is sooooo good, it sucks that nobody is talking about it.

I'm surprised PC players aren't paying more attention for it considering they're always saying they want Madden.

And sure, this ain't exactly Madden, but football is football!

No major sites are giving it any coverage. They're only going off word of mouth for marketing. Seems they've had a couple twitch streamers do some stuff but no one big. It's shitty because it's one of the best games of the year easily, and I hate sports so that's saying something. Maybe when it hits consoles and gets some more eyes on it it'll have more people talking about it.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah hopefully, i'm surprised Jeff Gerstmann of GB hasn't been playing it, he's a fan of the original.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah hopefully, i'm surprised Jeff Gerstmann of GB hasn't been playing it, he's a fan of the original.

Him and Dave Lang tweeted the other day asking whether or not the game is using code from Blitz The League. Lang noticed similarities from the stadium assets and even identical camera angle bugs.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Seems Dynasty Mode is coming as a free update.

Dynasty Mode
The community on Steam and XBox Game Preview Program have requested a season mode with more depth, so the MFL team led by our tech lead, Ivan Zaplava have been working on a feature called Dynasty, which will be delivered to all of you as a FREE update sometime in February / March.

Dynasty Mode allows the User to play multiple seasons and the goal is to win multiple Mayhem Bowls and become an MFL Dynasty.

In Dynasty mode you can pick from any of our 18 teams. These teams will have a very low overall rating when you begin. All of your players will be rookies, and you will have a limited playbook. As you play, your players will gain experience, which you can add and adjust to their individual attributes. So for example, as your Quarterback's Intelligence increases, so does his playbook. As your players gain experience, they can be upgraded from Rookie to Pro to All-Pro, All-Star and even a Legend. User's can also customize their playbooks and swap in and out Dirty Tricks from teams they have defeated.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
How will the achievements work on Xbox? Will they retrospectively unlock if you've fulfilled them whilst the game was in Preview?

RunTheBrules

Banned for use of alt account
Nov 9, 2017
Looking forward to this. Hoping to get a few tourneys going with my roommate and our friends. Would be perfect for marathoning before the Super Bowl.

There's a barcade across the street from me that has Blitz, and that's virtually the only game we play when we go there. Makes me even more excited that the OG Blitz/Jam announcer is in the game.

Oct 29, 2017
No console impressions or anything? Are we sure this is coming out tomorrow? I cant find hardly any info on this except some lets plays and like 3 reviews of the PC version

Oct 29, 2017
So.....Im still not seeing it on the PSN store....

EDIT: Looks like it should be up for XBL but their official site says it hasnt been listed on PSN yet. Price is $20 on XBL

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn. Didn't even know this existed. hope it is good. Would love to pick it up if it is. Thanks for mentioning this OP.

I miss games like Blitz: The League, and NHL Hitz. The last "Blitz" and NHL 18's "Threes" just doesn't compare.