• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Sagadego17

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
added these to my collection recently

qEtB5Bwl.jpg

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone interested thought I'd point out GameStop is clearing out some games so it's a good time to pick some up. Amazon matched some of these as well.

Wariowate Gold $19.99 (Acailable on Amazon for shipping currently)
Alliance Alive $9.99 (Instore only at GS. Currently appears dead on Amazon)
Detective Pikachu $19.99 (Instore only at GS. Currently appears dead on Amazon)

I believe there was a couple more so may be worth checking your local GameStop.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone interested thought I'd point out GameStop is clearing out some games so it's a good time to pick some up. Amazon matched some of these as well.

Wariowate Gold $19.99 (Acailable on Amazon for shipping currently)
Alliance Alive $9.99 (Instore only at GS. Currently appears dead on Amazon)
Detective Pikachu $19.99 (Instore only at GS. Currently appears dead on Amazon)

I believe there was a couple more so may be worth checking your local GameStop.
Thank you, my friend. I've just ordered Wario Ware Gold. Also realised that I don't have Wario Ware DIY :(

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Fresh aquisition. I think I will keep this copy sealed in the collection :)

2z2PKvN.jpg

Last edited:

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Watching this thread. I have about 12 more games I want to complete my collection. I will post pictures of what I have including my three systems (I want a 4th!) and list what I want.
Some nice collections in this thread. Really cool stuff.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing around with the idea of getting the Megaman Starforce games. DS game collecting has me little spooked because of the number of fakes in the market. Are my fears valid?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Speaking of fakes, anybody got tips on reputable sellers who don't sell fakes? I'd love to get the DS Pokemon games again, but I can't trust Amazon or Ebay

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. So many fakes on the market. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Fack. I'll tread lightly then.

Speaking of fakes, anybody got tips on reputable sellers who don't sell fakes? I'd love to get the DS Pokemon games again, but I can't trust Amazon or Ebay

Your local mom and pop game shops might be a good source, depending on the store. That's what I've been doing a bit more now. Don't know where you are but the prices can be a bit much at times for those places I find.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you are buying complete the chances of you running into fakes are pretty low, most don't bother creating a convincing cover art, authentic DS case, and reproducing the manual and inserts.

Anarki

Oct 27, 2017
If you are buying complete the chances of you running into fakes are pretty low, most don't bother creating a convincing cover art, authentic DS case, and reproducing the manual and inserts.
Well, I stumbled upon complete fakes twice: one was Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the other Pokémon Platinum. Pokémon seem especially prone to fakes, my rule of the thumb is it's more likely fake if seller has multiple copies of a game and also PAL games are rarely faked or have obvious mistakes with either case or cover being US one

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Weirdly one of the two fake games I have appears to be an attempt to make a bootleg copy of the UK release of Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. PEGI label and everything

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Is putting a DS cartridge in a 3DS, on current firmware, to see if it runs still a good way to check for fakes?

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I have Mario kart 8, Pokémon red and super Mario world 3. Is there any other game I should play

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I think it goes without saying, but we need a list of EBay and Amazon sellers that sell legit DS games. Counterfeit cartridges and Y-Folds must be avoided within reason.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
I have a 64GB in my new3DS. Works brilliantly!
Good to know. I want to upgrade my Switch card to 256 and then put the 64GB card in my 3DS. That should be enough for my needs.
I'll probably put the stock 4GB in my phone or something although I don't really need the extra storage.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
added these to my collection recently

qEtB5Bwl.jpg

Is that Ni No Kuni? Do you read Japanese, or are you gonna utilize the translation patch? I think the idea for the Wizard Book (a 376-page, I think it is, companion) was such a cool and ambitious idea. As happy as I am that we eventually got a version, I'm still sad we never got the original DS game here.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Hello DS era, I have bought a cheap DS Lite off of ebay where the seller claimed that the battery is broken and has to be replaced. Now the device has arrived and I removed the battery and hooked up the charger to the device to check if everything is ok like the seller said. The battery led is flashing up briefly when I insert the cable but unfortunately the device is not turning on. Now I am curious if that is a normal behaviour of the DS Lite. Can you even use the device without the battery and just the charger hooked up or is something else defective (maybe the port?)?

Oct 25, 2017
Man I wasn't aware this thread was a thing.

I counted and I have close to 90 3DS games. Maybe a handful or so that I still want to get to play.

Have close to 50 DS games and there are still a few I'd want but I'm not sure I care enough to get Ace Attorney games physical here since I have them on 3DS and physically on Switch.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Man I wasn't aware this thread was a thing.

I counted and I have close to 90 3DS games. Maybe a handful or so that I still want to get to play.

You should grab 10 more so you can join the 100 games club :P (i'm at 130 and will probably go north of 150 by the time I have everything I want). I'm going to be playing 3ds games long after the switch is dead, lol.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
What sealed DS games can I get off of Amazon or eBay at a reasonable price?

I recently picked up:
Shiren/Mystery Dungeon
FFA2
DQ 4 and 5 (6 is quite expensive. Around 100 USD on eBay)
DQ Monsters

And many different 3DS games too

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Hello DS era, I have bought a cheap DS Lite off of ebay where the seller claimed that the battery is broken and has to be replaced. Now the device has arrived and I removed the battery and hooked up the charger to the device to check if everything is ok like the seller said. The battery led is flashing up briefly when I insert the cable but unfortunately the device is not turning on. Now I am curious if that is a normal behaviour of the DS Lite. Can you even use the device without the battery and just the charger hooked up or is something else defective (maybe the port?)?

I'm pretty sure, either way, you're going to need a working battery in order to operate the system -- it can't simply play hooked up to the charge cable without a battery.