• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oda is a fair guy most of the time if your name isn't Chopper. I'm sure Pekoms will do fine next time we see him.

Hopefully.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Considering who was on that island when Luffy and Sanji left Pekoms getting executed off screen wouldn't be surprising.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I've read big chunks of the series all out of order, so I just fully read the Alabasta arc for the first time...such great storytelling, Crocodile still stacks up as one of the best villains in the whole series and Zoro VS. Mr. Daz Bonez is too dope, damn, just a godly fight scene.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
What was with that panel of Carrot changing direction midair when Zoro sliced at her in the beginning of Zou? Did that point to anything in the end? Or was it just lol bunnies?

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
it was a lesser version of her su long air dash obviously

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to sound weird, but I'm still shook from "Raizo is Safe" from all the way back in 2016. Been watching clips of anime-only youtubers reacting to it and it still gives me chills especially the animated version of it.

It might be the legit greatest moment in the entire series. It's one of those moments that is even good outside of the confines of One Piece story. Just a wholesome resolution to a great arc.

aa.png

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Big Mom having nice motivations is weird....she still gonna kill everyone tho

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
The theory some people have that mother Carmel was possessing her and got washed out when big mom fell in the water seem true

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to sound weird, but I'm still shook from "Raizo is Safe" from all the way back in 2016. Been watching clips of anime-only youtubers reacting to it and it still gives me chills especially the animated version of it.

It might be the legit greatest moment in the entire series. It's one of those moments that is even good outside of the confines of One Piece story. Just a wholesome resolution to a great arc.

Yeah I think it's the most powerful post timeskip moment

I remember when I read it for the first time

Just stunned for a few seconds

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Big Mom's motivations aren't the same as Mother Caramel's though

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, they're destined to be enemies. Only Luffy could accidentally make an enemy like this.
Queen is still somewhat conscious.
Knowing Oda, we'll cut back to Zoro's fight next week.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
cue smash cut of Luffy getting smashed into the ground by Big Mom

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- I was not at all fucking ready for O-Lin to continue kicking Queen's ass, she didn't even give him a moment to attack back.

- In one go, BM's defeat of Queen finally broke down Kawamatsu's prison, and also freed Killer and Kid. I said goddamn. Raizo, please give Kawamatsu those damn cuffs, I'm ready to see his design!

- RIP the idea of Kaido knowing about Big Mom anytime soon, jesus. Though it makes sense that Oda would prevent that for now. Maybe Kaido will still be alerted, but they can't have him come to Udon before the prisoners start getting freed.

- That panel of Big Mom being utterly distraught has so much meme potential

- Lol at Luffy thinking he's unrecognizable as a "samurai", you're only missing a shirt lmao

- I guess it makes sense for Queen to still be conscious. Is he gonna play dead, or...

- What a twist, more than wanting to be fed herself, O-Lin mainly wanted the o-shiruko to share with the townspeople. We're in a weird situation where this would be a clear hint of her becoming an ally or something, and yet this reveal is portrayed immediately after Luffy hilariously still manages to be the "villain" from her perspective. And it's entirely his fault. No idea how this will play out.

- I was wondering if the collars would come off in a more grand fashion (as opposed to just turning it off or something), but I didn't expect it to be through Luffy's improved CoA, which doubles as a parallel to what Rayleigh did way back when. I like that though, especially the part of how Luffy is surprised that he was even able to do that. Much better than him knowing he was capable of that the entire time.

- And now it immediately inspires Hyou to give Luffy an impromptu lesson. Hyou has quickly become quite the teacher. Also like how this expands on the idea of Haki blooming in intense situations/battles.

- "Come at me! Emperor!" is a fucking hype line to end the chapter on.

The theory some people have that mother Carmel was possessing her and got washed out when big mom fell in the water seem true

What, not at all

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I think some people forget that starting out as a kid Big Mom actually did have some good intentions and generally meant well, its her years of a pirate and predilection for forcing her ideals on others that turned her into a monster

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think some people forget that starting out as a kid Big Mom actually did have some good intentions and generally meant well, its her years of a pirate and predilection for forcing her ideals on others that turned her into a monster

It's all Streusen's fault

Status
Not open for further replies.