• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
But I'm enjoying the game...it's just that waiting for her to get up is boring because the story isn't going anywhere.
There is a loooot of story left but of course nothing will happen until deadlines pass. Consider the time between completing a palace and the deadline running out to be downtime in which you can focus on improving your social stats and relationships.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
But I'm enjoying the game...it's just that waiting for her to get up is boring because the story isn't going anywhere.

In that case keep at it I guess. The Futaba situation where the story is put on pause is the same as what happened for previous dungeons so if you've gone through those you should be good. You'll get some good story soon enough.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Woooow

Futaba was the first Medjed

I don't know what to expect from this game's story anymore lol

I got a feeling that

Akechi is the other one using the Metaverse

The game just got my attention again...

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I've always been curious about this game since the art looks amazing. But I have no clue what the gameplay is like and I don't wanna look at a potentially spoilery video to find out.

What does this play like? Is it an RPG like Final Fantasy? It's 50% off right now on PSN!

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've always been curious about this game since the art looks amazing. But I have no clue what the gameplay is like and I don't wanna look at a potentially spoilery video to find out.

What does this play like? Is it an RPG like Final Fantasy? It's 50% off right now on PSN!
It's one of the smoothest RPGs I've ever played. Battles are fun and so quick just because of the snappy, stylish menus. Dungeons are cool. Music is wonderful, Story is good, pacing can be weird but I'd like to say it's all worth it. Was my GotY last year, and I still think about how I want another game like it to this day despite my playthrough taking 99:11 haha.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017

The gameplay is a bit unique in that it alternates between dungeon crawling with turn-based combat and minor puzzle solving to an almost visual novel-esque daily life simulation with some time management aspects. It pretty much defies comparison.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 exceeded my expectations. Game was fucking fantastic. I spent my entire Spring Break playing it and don't regret it at all.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda bored with the game waiting for Futaba to wake up. How does the game goes after she wakes up? Does it get better?

Quit. I played a bit past that (completed her dungeon and into the next one I think) and quit after 50 hours as I just stayed bored.

You've played more than enough to know you aren't going to stop being bored.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Quit. I played a bit past that (completed her dungeon and into the best one I think) and quit after 50 hours as I just stayed bored.

You've played more than enough to know you aren't going to stop being bored.
Lol

Woooow

Futaba was the first Medjed

I don't know what to expect from this game's story anymore lol

I got a feeling that

Akechi is the other one using the Metaverse

The game just got my attention again...

(To be fair, I suggested dropping it too at first lol)

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the anime adaption has been slowly making me want to do an NG+ run, and now it's in the spotlight on Era. Don't tempt me!

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so close to the platinum but in order to get it I'd have to do a "new game ++". I missed a mishima request and a book that comes with it :(.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
About to start playing this soon-ish.

I'm a bit wary after P4 so a quick question: is it as tricky to get the best ending here as it was in P4G? No spoilers pls.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
About to start playing this soon-ish.

I'm a bit wary after P4 so a quick question: is it as tricky to get the best ending here as it was in P4G? No spoilers pls.
Not at all. All I'll say is this game, like the prior games, has a core set of themes and values and if you stay true to those, you can get the best ending without trouble. In the months since it's release, I don't believe I have heard anyone complain about it being difficult to get the best ending.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Are there any ending choices that come a good time before getting the ending? I feel like even if you made a mistake and said something wrong, you'd just get a bad ending, realise it, and reload.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just bought this game on sale. It'll be the first persona game I'll play. Always meant to play Golden on the vita but never got around to it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I just wanted to drop in and say hello.
I used to NEVER play RPGs, let alone JRPGS.
A few years ago, my twin brother was on NeoGaf and he saw that Persona 3 was pretty popular, and decided to check it out, and emulated it.
I was shocked and kinda laughed, but I watched him play the game a lot and he even streamed it.
The battle system was pretty unique and the music was unheard of. He beat it, and he was really excited to try P4 and then Persona 5 was later announced.
I remember after moving away for a bit, watching the Persona 5 reveal online and by this time my brother got our core group of friends excited/interested in Persona.
Of course, over the years, delay after delay Persona 5 finally came out, and I still haven't tried any of them, nor played any JRPGS like Final Fantasy.
I watched a good chuck of my brother play Persona 5, and I knew I really wanted to play it.
So last year, I pushed aside my backlog, and in August I began playing. Two days after being HOOKED, I bought my own copy.
I played and go to Kaneshiro, and stopped, because school was starting soon, I was working and Kaneshiro legit made me mad, for what he was threatening to do to the cast. (Lol I know)
Anyways, I returned to the game about a month ago, and I forgot how much I loved it. Now I'm towards the very end of the game, on the last palace, and the huge plot twist was awesome.
I am super excited to finish this game soon. It was a great introduction to a JRPG and is my top 10 games of all time.
Just going to finish God Of War, and then finish the last palace on Persona 5. :)

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Over/under:

Hifumi or another NPC becomes a playable character after the anime? It was hinted that there's going to be a twist away from the game later on

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Over/under:

Hifumi or another NPC becomes a playable character after the anime? It was hinted that there's going to be a twist away from the game later on

My prediction is that Akechi doesn't die in the anime considering he's pretty popular (I think) and he's been getting a bit too much screentime for how little relevance he has in the story right now.
But I'd love it of Hifumi joined the crew in the anime

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I was wondering if someone could help me by changing their console to Japanese and check if the whole game changes to that language. I might buy it if that's the case.

(If any of you also have A Hat in Time and let me know would be amazing)

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if someone could help me by changing their console to Japanese and check if the whole game changes to that language. I might buy it if that's the case.

I don't think that works given the US build is completely different, but Japanese voices are available as free DLC at least.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017

Can't you make a JP PSN account and get JP PSN cards from amazon to buy JP P5? Or does that not work on PS4?

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoyed my time with this, just over 100 hours to complete with a bit of dungeon grinding.

Bought the soundtrack which is awesome and can't wait for P5 dancing next month.

How many years until Persona 6?

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I bought this game months ago on sale, played for maybe an hour or two and it didn't click so I put it down. Last week I decided to pick up where I left off, and holy shit it got me. I'm still very early on where your hand is being held quite a bit, but I love what they are setting up. The RPG mechanics are rock solid, and I can't wait to play around with Persona fusion.

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
From the moment I found I could date her, I decided to go for Kawakami. Now she's maxed out and we're going out but I need to know, will dating 2 girls get me in trouble? I know trying to date everyone leads to trouble but I want to date 1 other girl.

Sorbete

Oct 30, 2017
Just started this game, can't believe I was able to avoid spoilers until now. Last games I finished were BOTW and Fire Emblem Echoes. Tried many games after but couldn't get into them, for example Xenoblade 2 y tried to hard but I wasn't feeling it. I having a hard time in life so that does not help either. Hope I can enjoy this games the same way I enjoyed P3 and P4, and anything MegaTen related really. Please save me P5

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
From the moment I found I could date her, I decided to go for Kawakami. Now she's maxed out and we're going out but I need to know, will dating 2 girls get me in trouble? I know trying to date everyone leads to trouble but I want to date 1 other girl.

It changes one scene right near the end of the game if you romance multiple women