• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I don't think that works given the US build is completely different, but Japanese voices are available as free DLC at least.

Can't you make a JP PSN account and get JP PSN cards from amazon to buy JP P5? Or does that not work on PS4?

A lot of games will change text language depending on the language of your system (some JP games localized don't do that but most western do) The game is currently 55% off on US PSN (if my 20% discount coupon works then even better) and not only Jp games usually are ¥7.000 ~ ¥9.000 they never get a price drop and neither go on sale.

After some research it does seem Atlus games specifically aren't multi language quite a shame.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Curious, when it says that all items roll over into NG+, that includes any and all equipment that was equipped at the end of the game, correct?

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I am not reading much into this thread to avoid spoilers but I got the game a month ago and am currently 50 hours in.. I am currently
In Hawaii with the gang
. I am enjoying the game alot but boy I am feeling fatigue a little now, considering I am only just about half way through.. It took me so long to finish Persona 4 (my first Persona game) as in over the course of years, and I wanted to get Persona 5 finished kinda swiftly. I guess i'll just keep chipping away.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
I am not reading much into this thread to avoid spoilers but I got the game a month ago and am currently 50 hours in.. I am currently
In Hawaii with the gang
. I am enjoying the game alot but boy I am feeling fatigue a little now, considering I am only just about half way through.. It took me so long to finish Persona 4 (my first Persona game) as in over the course of years, and I wanted to get Persona 5 finished kinda swiftly. I guess i'll just keep chipping away.

Already finished the game, and I had the same feeling as you in this particular part. Although, after this event was wrapped up, the fatigue went away pretty quickly. I think this part was just boring to me tbh lol maybe it's the same thing you're going through.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Already finished the game, and I had the same feeling as you in this particular part. Although, after this event was wrapped up, the fatigue went away pretty quickly. I think this part was just boring to me tbh lol maybe it's the same thing you're going through.

I'm glad to hear that, hopefully its the same with me. Guess I just need to power through this section.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to hear that, hopefully its the same with me. Guess I just need to power through this section.
I've said it earlier in the thread and I'll say it again: the more you push yourself past the point of enjoying the game, the less you'll enjoy in the end. A lot of people burn themselves out and either end up irritated at the game length or just quit, especially near the end. I think it's best to step away if playing the game starts feeling like a slog and come back to it after a break.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
In Hawaii with the gang

I adored this game, but this was my low point for it as well. Once you get over that dungeon, things start to get more enjoyable again. That middle section of the game is just a bit of a slog.

Doflamingo

Nov 8, 2017
In Hawaii with the gang
I took a break from the game for a couple of months at that exact point so I know how you feel. Finished it very quickly after coming back since it really is a great game, just looooooong.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning to reconnect my ps3 to get the 2nd plat, the first one was from ps4 version, but i'm dreading the updates and general 'slowness' of ps3. Is the loading times longer on ps3?

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
Another question, this time about my kindness and Futaba. The game is blocking me from hanging with Futaba until I have considerate kindness but it's currently at rank 4 for me and considerate is rank 2. Is this a glitch?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Another question, this time about my kindness and Futaba. The game is blocking me from hanging with Futaba until I have considerate kindness but it's currently at rank 4 for me and considerate is rank 2. Is this a glitch?
I think you must have misread the requirement. Futaba requires rank 4, not 2.

Also keep in mind you can't pursue party member relationships if you are due to send a calling card.

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
I think you must have misread the requirement. Futaba requires rank 4, not 2.

Also keep in mind you can't pursue party member relationships if you are due to send a calling card.

That makes sense because I was at rank 3 when it gated me and after I got rank 4 I just assumed I was still gated because I thought it said considerate. Plus I was weird and thought considerate was level 5 til I remembered it was level 2. Thank you. I need to rank her up asap because I heard she has useful abilities.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just booted up the game for the first time and played about an hour so far. The big tip everyone gave me was to take my time and relax so I'm not in a rush to play big chunks of the game at a time. First thing that pops up to me is the music. It's great and goes well with the slick presentation the game has.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ah Persona 5. It is true that most of its flaws become apparent in a second playthrough, but I only played it once.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Bought it last week and played it for about 10 hours yesterday lol. The japanese VA is fucking amazing and the music is something else. Loving it so far but i wish the gameplay would flow better.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For the third time now I THINK I'm at the end of the game...maybe...but also I have zero SP items and see no way to fix that. This is gonna be tough.

Gotta say though as everything comes to a head I am finally finding it hard to hate any of the characters. Somehow even Ryuji.

The music somehow got infinitely better too as you approach the later half of the game. God damn.

Edit:
Okay I just realized that
Lavenza
will take care of things for you in the
Qlipoth World
so SP items are pointless and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Last edited:

Anacaona

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got the game. Loving it so far!

What is the "best" way to play the game?

Also, can I get the real ending in the first playtru? if so, what should I keep in mind to get the real ending?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the game. Loving it so far!

What is the "best" way to play the game?

Also, can I get the real ending in the first playtru? if so, what should I keep in mind to get the real ending?
What do you mean, best way?

You can get every ending on the first playthrough. It's pretty apparent when the game is setting them up and you generally won't be far removed from the last save opportunity when it happens. The best ending is the one earned by never betraying your team.

Anacaona

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean, best way?

You can get every ending on the first playthrough. It's pretty apparent when the game is setting them up and you generally won't be far removed from the last save opportunity when it happens. The best ending is the one earned by never betraying your team.

Since there is a lot to do (shopping, working, gaining stats) I thought there was a "proper" way to play the game. So should I just play the game without worries?

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
After around 30 hours the game is getting boring as fuck...Does pick up again after Futabas storyline? Because the Hawaii thing and the space palace....fucking hell so many hours doing nothing more than pressing X...what the fuck. Im at 50 hours and getting burn out by how slow the main story is getting at....

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
After around 30 hours the game is getting boring as fuck...Does pick up again after Futabas storyline? Because the Hawaii thing and the space palace....fucking hell so many hours doing nothing more than pressing X...what the fuck. Im at 50 hours and getting burn out by how slow the main story is getting at....
You literally only bought the game on Sunday and are already that far in. It's no wonder you've burned yourself out. Try not rushing through and you might find it more enjoyable not rushing from palace to palace.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Alright, I'm parked right outside the final boss, for real this time, and man this game needed to be over two palaces ago.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I stopped this game a long time ago. I want to jump back in. Pretty sure that I stopped at a pretty good point, not mid dungeon or anything so I hope it's not too difficult to get back into it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I stopped this game a long time ago. I want to jump back in. Pretty sure that I stopped at a pretty good point, not mid dungeon or anything so I hope it's not too difficult to get back into it.
I believe there's an option in the menu you can use to get reminded on what had happened in the story. In case there's stuff you forget

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Without Spoilers, any suggestions for what social skills or confidants I should prioritise?
I'm in June, Madarame. Mostly finished the palace, just got to go back in with lock picks, God I wish you can just buy the things.

Steiner

Oct 29, 2017
Without Spoilers, any suggestions for what social skills or confidants I should prioritise?
I'm in June, Madarame. Mostly finished the palace, just got to go back in with lock picks, God I wish you can just buy the things.

Temperance, which basically allowes you to buy lockpicks.

Fortune has arguably the most important abilities. Though I'm not sure if it's already available right after Madarama.

Death and Sun are also very useful and have awesome stories.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Hmm, I don't think I have any of those yet except Death but I will work on them.

Any particular focus for social skills? Profiency? Guts? Knowledge?

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn you ENB, was enjoying his playthrough of the first palace and then he just quit? There aren't any good LP's out there really.

Steiner

Oct 29, 2017
Hmm, I don't think I have any of those yet except Death but I will work on them.

Any particular focus for social skills? Profiency? Guts? Knowledge?

With guts level 2, you can continue Death until rank 7, which unlocks an important ability. And forget to add, moon should be also a high priority.

The next party member requires level 3 knowledge for rank 1, and iirc their are exams during that time.

High Charm and kindness become important during summer and max proficiency in autumn.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Damn you ENB, was enjoying his playthrough of the first palace and then he just quit? There aren't any good LP's out there really.
Atlus went out of their way to make streaming the game unappealing, so I'm not surprised there are few streams of it available.

I did catch someone's first time stream and he played all the way to the end in the span of a couple weeks while on medical leave. He's normally a rhythm game streamer though so I don't think it got a lot of traction.

Steiner

Oct 29, 2017

Check out Bittersweet gamers. A smaller YouTube channel, with an incredible lets play of P5.

Two people with a lot of knowledge about the series and Japan. And they cut out most of the loading screens and standard battles.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning to reconnect my ps3 to get the 2nd plat, the first one was from ps4 version, but i'm dreading the updates and general 'slowness' of ps3. Is the loading times longer on ps3?

Late reply for this but the differences are really minor IMO. Yeah the loading times are a little longer, but it's not a big enough deal where one loads in say 10 seconds and the other loads in 30. Performance is very close between the two systems, too, and it's only really by playing side by side that you'd notice differences. There is more screen tearing on PS3 though but that doesn't bother me. I started on PS3 and ended on PS4, and would've been fine just finishing on PS3.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Late reply for this but the differences are really minor IMO. Yeah the loading times are a little longer, but it's not a big enough deal where one loads in say 10 seconds and the other loads in 30. Performance is very close between the two systems, too, and it's only really by playing side by side that you'd notice differences. There is more screen tearing on PS3 though but that doesn't bother me. I started on PS3 and ended on PS4, and would've been fine just finishing on PS3.
It's ok, I found out that the PS3 version shares the same trophy list as its PS4 counterpart, basically all the trophy list depends on region and unfortunately US/EU/ASIA-ENG have the same list on both PS4 and PS3. I unfortunately can't read Japanese or Korean, so hopefully we'll have a Crimson version down the line. And please if there is ever a Crimson/Whatever-red-related-name version
I hope they don't redeem Akechi, hide his every sin under the rug, and make him a playable character via the power of friendship or talk no jutsu

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Check out Bittersweet gamers. A smaller YouTube channel, with an incredible lets play of P5.

Two people with a lot of knowledge about the series and Japan. And they cut out most of the loading screens and standard battles.

Thanks for the tip but it's exactly the opposite of what I'm looking for. Watched an episode and it feels like a parody with silly jokes and screaming and laughing. :p
I have a very specific taste when it comes to youtubers and LP's.

I really liked Marcus his approach although most people would probably find it boring as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZvSMchoqyQ

Ephialtes

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Thanks for the tip but it's exactly the opposite of what I'm looking for. Watched an episode and it feels like a parody with silly jokes and screaming and laughing. :p
I have a very specific taste when it comes to youtubers and LP's.

I really liked Marcus his approach although most people would probably find it boring as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZvSMchoqyQ
Instead you can watch his first, blind, complete (I think) playthrough of the game.

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was playing normal but halfway through the first dungeon I started struggling. Not in the mood to prolong the dungeon crawling, I switched to easy. How much easier is Very Easy? I know once you choose it, you can't go back.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was playing normal but halfway through the first dungeon I started struggling. Not in the mood to prolong the dungeon crawling, I switched to easy. How much easier is Very Easy? I know once you choose it, you can't go back.

I've never used the Simple mode but you shouldn't have too much trouble on Easy mode. That's what I played the game on and I did fine.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Much easier. These are the differences by difficulty, from reddit. I would really only suggest using it if you want to skip the combat entirely.

Safety - Damage received: x0.5 - Damage dealt: x2.0 - Experience: x3.0 - Money: x5.0 - can't switch difficulty if this selected any time

Easy - Damage received: x0.5 - Damage dealt: x1.0 - Experience: x1.0 - Money: x1.0

Hard - Damage received: x1.6 - Damage dealt: x0.8 - Experience: x1.0 - Money: x1.0

Challenge DLC - Damage received: x1.6 - Damage dealt: x0.8 - Experience: x0.4 - Money: x0.4 - Critical and technical hit damage on both enemies and allies is tripled