• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Man lots of Mondo's stuff lately is boring...

But I do like that PCC Big Trouble. Gonna try for that.

Filthy Slug

Oct 25, 2017
I've always wanted a portrait of Young Lucille!

pennywinkframed.jpg

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Today, Friday, May 18th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "My Grand Canyon" by Roamcouch.

roamcouch_1024x1024.jpg

36" x 24" 26-color screen print. Signed and hand-numbered edition of 85 w/ COA, $250

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone here have reccomendations on storage? Something like the portfolios that BNG feature on their site. I don't have the space for a flat file but would like to have something nicer than the cardboard stacked on the floor. I was considering preordering the one on BNG but leather and all that seems sorta unnecessary for a casual collector.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Just managed to score a Third Man variant by Francesco Francavilla! Been a big iso for me for a while now.

He randomly put some AP copies up in his store at 11, managed to see a Facebook post about it like 10 minutes beforehand lol luckiest score in a while.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone here have reccomendations on storage? Something like the portfolios that BNG feature on their site. I don't have the space for a flat file but would like to have something nicer than the cardboard stacked on the floor. I was considering preordering the one on BNG but leather and all that seems sorta unnecessary for a casual collector.

I have an Itoya 18" x 24" portfolio (link) that I like and use it to store some of my smaller and medium sized prints. The newer version seems to have a comb binding to keep all the pages together while my older version is more like a book binding.

The only issues I've had are putting in 18" x 24" prints, it's a snug fit (the pages are a little large than 18" x 24") so you have to be careful to protect the corners. And occasionally, I've found that certain prints will creep out, exposing the top edge. Overall, it's a good product, I just wish they made a 24" x 36" version.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have an Itoya 18" x 24" portfolio (link) that I like and use it to store some of my smaller and medium sized prints. The newer version seems to have a comb binding to keep all the pages together while my older version is more like a book binding.

The only issues I've had are putting in 18" x 24" prints, it's a snug fit (the pages are a little large than 18" x 24") so you have to be careful to protect the corners. And occasionally, I've found that certain prints will creep out, exposing the top edge. Overall, it's a good product, I just wish they made a 24" x 36" version.

Damn thanks. That would certainly work for my tiny Moss prints that I haven't framed up yet. Recently I've gotten a few full sized prints and sorta want something to hold those while I decide whether I want to frame. I may just get one of those for the time being since I have those Avengers prints on the way.

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Up for Bottlebux Members now (probably up tomorrow for everyone else: Metropolis by Karl Fitzgerald.

Proof_Black_1024x1024.jpg

Screen print with gold metallic ink
36 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 175
$50

Proof_GroutGrey_1024x1024.jpg

Screen print
36 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 50
$65

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 23rd at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: Matthew Peak's 30th anniversary print for A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master.

titlesNOES_1024x1024.png

24" x 36" 20 color screen print w/ varnish layer. Numbered edition of 250, $55

artprintNOES_1024x1024.png

24" x 36" 20 color screen print w/ varnish layer. Numbered edition of 100, $65

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I'm thinking about finally framing up my Jean "Udon 2." The thing that is tough for my brain is that there's a white border that is larger on bottom because of an embossed chop. My initial thinking was to do a single mat but the image is so dark and so colorful that it may just be better to let the border act as mat and just frame as is.

I have no actual knowledge about framing and always assumed that a mat would help presentation in all cases. I see that many artists selling pieces preframed don't even have mats. If you have a custom frame would you always go matless?

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Thursday, May 24th on Mondo at a random time and at 5PM UK time via Black Dragon Press. The Murders in the Rue Morgue by Jay Gordon.

JGordon_BDP_RueMorgue_USVersion_RVSD_6e26acdb-dff8-4362-8e92-5b1f21e91cfd_1024x1024.jpg

US Variant. 18"x24" Hand-Pulled Screen Print, Edition of 60
Printed by White Duck Editions
Expected to Ship July 2018
$55

JGordon_BDP_RueMorgue_UKVersion_RVSD_1024x1024.jpg

UK Variant. 18"x24" Screen Print, Edition of 60
Printed by White Duck Editions
Expected to Ship July 2018
£40

Filthy Slug

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm thinking about finally framing up my Jean "Udon 2." The thing that is tough for my brain is that there's a white border that is larger on bottom because of an embossed chop. My initial thinking was to do a single mat but the image is so dark and so colorful that it may just be better to let the border act as mat and just frame as is.

I have no actual knowledge about framing and always assumed that a mat would help presentation in all cases. I see that many artists selling pieces preframed don't even have mats. If you have a custom frame would you always go matless?

So besides aesthetics, mats also ensure that the art isn't pressed right up against the frame's glass, as that can fuck up your art. But if you're going to a professional framer, floating the piece, without a mat, is also an option.

Honestly, you can go either way and have the framed piece look rad, just depends on your framing choices and the framer. My personal thoughts for Jean prints are white frames usually look great around them, and for Udon maybe you can play off of that nice pinkish/cherryblossom-like color somehow!

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So besides aesthetics, mats also ensure that the art isn't pressed right up against the frame's glass, as that can fuck up your art. But if you're going to a professional framer, floating the piece, without a mat, is also an option.

Honestly, you can go either way and have the framed piece look rad, just depends on your framing choices and the framer. My personal thoughts for Jean prints are white frames usually look great around them, and for Udon maybe you can play off of that nice pinkish/cherryblossom-like color somehow!

I framed up my max pipe with a double mat, the first being an accent color and the outer being a thicker neutral. It was easy in that case because signature, number, and the embossed element was on the image instead of the white border. I think with framing there's that "golden ratio" that framers will use to figure out size of mat and frame I think I just went with that for max pipe and it looks pretty awesome.

I'm struggling with udon ii because bottom border is a touch larger than the border along the top and sides. Also being that's already a sort of "framing" for the image itself I don't know whether to use that in the calculations as part of the mat. I definitely was going to use a weathered white for the frame.

Thanks for the thoughts.

boomroasted

Oct 25, 2017
You can also get spacers to frame your art without a mat. I use them quite often, especially on smaller pieces or when I just want to frame something on the cheap.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What do you guys do with the glass? For a piece I will be holding onto forever I don't mind paying a lot for a big piece of glass but I see a lot of printers use the acrylic. Apparently it's equal to UV glare free glass. When I framed my Max Pipe I just went with UV glass because I didn't want to spend $100 extra for the museum glass.

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
I framed up my max pipe with a double mat, the first being an accent color and the outer being a thicker neutral. It was easy in that case because signature, number, and the embossed element was on the image instead of the white border. I think with framing there's that "golden ratio" that framers will use to figure out size of mat and frame I think I just went with that for max pipe and it looks pretty awesome.

I'm struggling with udon ii because bottom border is a touch larger than the border along the top and sides. Also being that's already a sort of "framing" for the image itself I don't know whether to use that in the calculations as part of the mat. I definitely was going to use a weathered white for the frame.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Considering the embossing on most of his prints, I would include that area when measuring for the mat. Or maybe you could have a mat with a window cut out for the embossing..

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Considering the embossing on most of his prints, I would include that area when measuring for the mat. Or maybe you could have a mat with a window cut out for the embossing..

Ooh fancy. Yea I'll prob just use the border as part of the mat calculation and use a darker neutral to make up the difference. Then I can frame with white. Thanks for the ideas guys!

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys do with the glass? For a piece I will be holding onto forever I don't mind paying a lot for a big piece of glass but I see a lot of printers use the acrylic. Apparently it's equal to UV glare free glass. When I framed my Max Pipe I just went with UV glass because I didn't want to spend $100 extra for the museum glass.
I just go with the UV glass for all of mine so far.

Museum glass would be sweet, but it's pretty damn pricey (at the least at the gallery by me). And tbh glare isn't that big a deal in the two rooms I have art in.

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Today, Thursday, May 24th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "I WANT YOU" by Raid71.

Thor_1024x1024.jpg

Screen print
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 175
$45

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I got super excited when I saw an e-mail from Raid71 in the middle of a meeting but that shit is a super hell nah for me.

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow, Friday May 25th on Mondo:

Moon-HTTTGAP-Sm_1024x1024.jpg

HOW TO TALK TO GIRLS AT PARTIES by Fábio Moon
18"x24" Screen Print, Edition of 150
Printed by DL Screenprinting
Expected to Ship August 2018
$45

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Newest frameup, really happy with this one (sorry for the glare):

Double matted and the frame has this great like faded metallic finish on it. Doesn't come through well in the pic, but looks great on the wall.

I got super excited when I saw an e-mail from Raid71 in the middle of a meeting but that shit is a super hell nah for me.
Same haha. Big fan of him, but not for me.

He's been teasing an Akira piece and more recently a 2001 piece (though he said the Akira has been delayed for reasons he couldn't divulge). Hoping those come out well.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Newest frameup, really happy with this one (sorry for the glare):

Same haha. Big fan of him, but not for me.

He's been teasing an Akira piece and more recently a 2001 piece (though he said the Akira has been delayed for reasons he couldn't divulge). Hoping those come out well.

Nice frame up! I'm actually thinking about trying to get one of the AP's for that. I just don't understand why these super talented guys like Raid71 would even bother doing something like that. I know he's getting a check but there is nothing about that piece that would even hint that it's a Raid71 piece.

At least with the Gabriel Moon it's his distinct style and it's unmistakably him.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Nice frame up! I'm actually thinking about trying to get one of the AP's for that. I just don't understand why these super talented guys like Raid71 would even bother doing something like that. I know he's getting a check but there is nothing about that piece that would even hint that it's a Raid71 piece.

At least with the Gabriel Moon it's his distinct style and it's unmistakably him.
Yeah, I guess it's just a case of Marvel stuff selling well thanks to the movies. People seem to like it on his FB page.

Not into Marvel stuff personally so all of that's kinda boring for me.

Oct 25, 2017
We moved my youngest out of our room and into my old office, which means the downstairs family room basically became mine to decorate. It's not perfect, but I'm digging this so far.

zAISLyN.jpg

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Nice job! I appreciate that you stuck to an aesthetic- when I hang all my shit in my basement I think it's going to look like a real mess, so I haven't hung shit yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice job! I appreciate that you stuck to an aesthetic- when I hang all my shit in my basement I think it's going to look like a real mess, so I haven't hung shit yet.

The rest of it is a bit more eclectic, but it fits the vibe.

Those look great, thanks for sharing. Are the smaller prints just sitting on the mantle or do they have something to keep them in place?

The smaller prints are actually vinyl records, and they are just resting on the mantle.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On sale Wednesday, 6/13, at Nautilus Art Prints, at 1pm EST:

RAN-REG.jpeg

"RAN" (Regular) designed by KimJung Gi

Format: 24x36 inches / 61X91,44 cm / 6 colours / Time edition/ Price: €50

Ran-Var.png

"RAN" (Variant) designed by KimJung Gi

Format: 24x36 inches / 61X91,44 cm / 6 colours / edition size: 100 / Price: €75

OP
OP
IronRinn

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Today, Wednesday, May 30th at 2pm ET: Three new Great Showdowns from Scott C.

Print_HotFuzz+copy.jpg

"Fuzz" 4.75" x 4.75" giclee. Signed and numbered edition of 75, $15

Print_Akira+copy.jpg

"Weird Arm" 4.75" x 4.75" giclee. Signed and numbered edition of 75, $15

097+copy.jpg

"Wood Chipper" 4.75" x 4.75" giclee. Signed and numbered edition of 50, $15

420+copy.jpg

Special Hidden Print 4.75" x 4.75" giclee. Signed and numbered edition of 20, randomly inserted in orders.