• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
naamloos20jzl.png

naamloos6mk98.png

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
I'm on! Surprised it's running so well, thought it would have connection issue.

Woo

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Very minor thing but the Scurvy Bilgerat figurehead is back for sale after being removed last year for being "too similar" to the regular bilgerat one

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
How do I pick up fish once I catch them? There doesn't seem to be any button prompt that lets me do it.

Feb 10, 2018
Some likely will. They've been doing re-reviews for GaaS stuff every now and then. To me this is kind of like reviewing an expansion or Destiny TTK/Forsaken kinda thing.

Except its Freeeeeeeee

It's not like those expansions, because it's not separate, it's more like gta online but free, GTA5 scored mega high anyway so it's not really needed to alter the score.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhm, I have not played this game since launch and my group of friends wants to go back. Is there anything we need to know? Also, how do you start Tall Tales?

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
im really curious how difficult it is to fish on keyboard and mouse

vibration is so helpful

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks great, but I just can't watch streams of the game. Everyone just bunnyhopping looks so dumb. Can't wait to jump back in though.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Uhm, I have not played this game since launch and my group of friends wants to go back. Is there anything we need to know? Also, how do you start Tall Tales?
tall tales in tavern

beside mysterious stranger there is books on barrels
Once you finish the first one and unlock more you can check them on the rep page and theres a More Info button (y on the controller) that gives each tales exact location

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, but I just can't watch streams of the game. Everyone just bunnyhopping looks so dumb. Can't wait to jump back in though.

Unfortunately the on foot combat in this game is still largely trash. It's got a jank to it that you can learn and master so in that way its good. A very skilled pirate can solo 4 average players.

But it stills feels very bad. The guns are, by design, meant to be a little clumsy. I have no issue with this as if you could easily hit people it would make combat a turtling shoot off. I like that they are just a ranged damage option before you close in.

The issue is the sword feels INCREDIBLY wonky and you can see this just from streams and videos. 2 people run up against each other and start swinging, it seems almost random who is the one who will take damage. The hit registration and hitbox does not seem consistent as well. Halo 3's sword fighting had a better feel. It is especially brutal for controller folks.

That being said the rest of the game is so good, and with the new ship damage in, boarding and fighting on enemy ships is not the only viable way to sink someone anymore.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks Sik for stepping in and making up an OT2! I'd have totally done something if I had any shape of what is called time but thankfully your amazing work was here to save the day 😊

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Tale Tales is amazing. Its like the Goonies.

So true. I feel like doing the initial Shroudbreaker quest with new players is a good way to get people in the door on Sea of Thieves. Helps I suppose that some of the commendations require you to complete it multiple times, but it's a real nice intro to the game. It has a good amount of variety and of course anything can still happen as you're sailing from one island to another.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So true. I feel like doing the initial Shroudbreaker quest with new players is a good way to get people in the door on Sea of Thieves. Helps I suppose that some of the commendations require you to complete it multiple times, but it's a real nice intro to the game. It has a good amount of variety and of course anything can still happen as you're sailing from one island to another.
I've played this mission in Insiders, and had a very very very close call but...

What happens if you lose one of the physical quest items? My initial assumption is there are no checkpoints and you may have to cancel and re-do the voyage.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I've played this mission in Insiders, and had a very very very close call but...

What happens if you lose one of the physical quest items? My initial assumption is there are no checkpoints and you may have to cancel and re-do the voyage.

That's right - if you lose a quest item that you needed that's essentially the end of the road and you have to cancel and start again. Honestly, it feels worse than having gold taken from you when it happens. My advice - if you're going to be away from your boat for any length of time during a tall tale, hide any important items (keys, locked chests) on the island somewhere close but out of the way. It wouldn't stop them from being taken but crews out only to sink you/take loot wouldn't necessarily get their hands on them.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's right - if you lose a quest item that you needed that's essentially the end of the road and you have to cancel and start again. Honestly, it feels worse than having gold taken from you when it happens. My advice - if you're going to be away from your boat for any length of time during a tall tale, hide any important items (keys, locked chests) on the island somewhere close but out of the way. It wouldn't stop them from being taken but crews out only to sink you/take loot wouldn't necessarily get their hands on them.
Now I'm curious if someone can use YOUR quest item for their quest.

ie you steal someones shroudbreaker, and you can just deliver it to the stranger lol