Community Spotlight: Sea of Thieves |OT2| The Golden Era of Piracy

ghostcrew

Spooking
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hmmm, just logged into the game and I have zero gold and zero doubloons.

Actually, just had 30 doubloons pop from Insider rewards so I’ve now got 30 doubloons, not the 900 odd that I should have. Slightly concerning. Hope it’s temporary.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Hmmm, just logged into the game and I have zero gold and zero doubloons.

Actually, just had 30 doubloons pop from Insider rewards so I’ve now got 30 doubloons, not the 900 odd that I should have. Slightly concerning. Hope it’s temporary.
my friend had the same issue. i think its server issues cus mine showed up but wouldnt deplete as i bought things

Johnohno

Nov 6, 2017
Pretty stacked update for a monthly one but I feel like the Fort of the Damned bit itself is going to be such a massive time sink. Have to collect all the flames and do a voyage for ritual skulls before you can even start it? Seems like a lot!

RedSparrows

Feb 22, 2019
Only if you have literally nothing else to do in your life, of course.

Looks like a good update, especially for a monthly one! Getting all the lights is a bitch of a task in and of itself.

I'd play but WoW Classic has consumed me :(

Johnohno

Nov 6, 2017
Yes, but you only have to do all that and clear the fort 50 times
At least the forts aren't timed I don't think. I'm interested to see how you'll be able to activate them once they remove the timed quests for getting the ritual skulls.

I love the game but find some decisions baffling. Like the voyage for getting a ritual skull has you go and kill a skeleton captain, who drops a map to a skull that's buried elsewhere.... Why not just have the skeleton captain drop the ritual skull as its head when it's killed? Makes no sense.

ghostcrew

Spooking
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Did my first Fort of the Damned last night and had a GREAT TIME. Seriously, was incredibly fun. Had one of those classic social experiences. Like how forts used to be.

Spend too long getting all of the lights. Ritual skull was easy. Pink light was our last one and we tracked down a rival crew to get the kill. Managed to forge an alliance but they didn't have mics so we couldn't explain our intentions of doing the fort (so that they could help). Managed to make one of them kill me anyway so I got our final light.

Made our way to the Fort of the Damned only to find that every lantern was already lit so we didn't need the lights... Dammit. Regardless, we had our ritual skull now and we were ready. So we started the event. Two of us (on a sloop) having a great time co-ordinating the colours so we could take out the skellies. I hadn't read anything about the event so we were working it out and looking forward to what was to come. Eventually we hear an 'AHOY!' and realise our buddies had turned up. Cool! We start discussing how we're gonna deal with this once the treasure vault is open. Do we backstab them? Share the loot? No time to discuss it now really, the boss is up and, predictably, he has a metric fuckton of HP and we're all just constantly dying. After 15 minutes of whacking him non stop my crewmate shouts they they see another ship incoming. A third crew! We all get defensive and one of them tries to board our ship. We tell them that we want an alliance and all is cool but don't come onto our ship. We kill him. They join the alliance and we all continue working on the boss.

Eventually we take him down. It took too long to be honest. It was a bit messy and there wasn't much skill towards the end. We finished it by taking him to the shore and lighting him up with cannons. So someone grabs the key and we all sprint up to the vault. My crewmate says "is there a stronghold keg? I'm gonna blow it up" and I turn 180 and sprint away from the vault. BOOOOOM. I run back just in time to see everyone's nametag fade away. He literally killed everyone apart from me... seven casualties! So I grab the Chest of Legends and race back to the ship and we make our escape, leaving the rest of the loot (Reaper's Chests, skulls, powder etc) to the other two crews. They all spam ROFL in the chat so I think we're all cool. Everyone stayed in the alliance while we sold so we all benefited anyway. Was a real good way to end it.