• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
PC is still a bit of a toss-up. No one knows what the best build is yet.

Deus Ex on turn six with 増速装置 (the artifact you're holding) is ridiculously powerful, but the problem is having DEM on turn six.
I've been alternating artifacts (DEM) and Puppets (w/o DEM) and they're both pretty good--the power level of Puppets being lower overall than having DEM out and active, but the finisher (Noah + Puppets, or Saphira) is still extremely powerful. I think I went like 5-0 last night with Puppets which took me to A3. I only stopped to play some Take Two for a bit.

My luck with Portalcraft
7rj93j3.jpg

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
PC is still a bit of a toss-up. No one knows what the best build is yet.

Deus Ex on turn six with 増速装置 (the artifact you're holding) is ridiculously powerful, but the problem is having DEM on turn six.
I've been alternating artifacts (DEM) and Puppets (w/o DEM) and they're both pretty good--the power level of Puppets being lower overall than having DEM out and active, but the finisher (Noah + Puppets, or Saphira) is still extremely powerful. I think I went like 5-0 last night with Puppets which took me to A3. I only stopped to play some Take Two for a bit.

Oh, I know, I usually try to start with DEM in my hand since PC has a lot of 2/3 PP cards so the board is rarely significantly in my opponents favor by the time turn 6 roles around. It's just awful luck this one had that I drew in a way that left me with only 3 accels in my hand. I've been doing ok with PC in A1.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some classes are far more viable in Unlimited and vice versa don't screw yourself over

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
So, should you liquefy all non rotation cards?

Depends on your answer to the following question: is there even a remote chance that you might be interested in playing Unlimited at some point in your Shadowverse life? If the answer is "no", then go ahead!

I did dust some some of my Unlimited legendaries that never saw use--dudes like Skullfain and some excess copies of Gabriel. I did as you suggested in another game, Hearthstone, and I came to regret it later on. Now, it's probably just better to hang on to your stuff and grind towards decks you want to play. (Still gotta grind three Snow Whites, three Jeanne's, two Spawns, one Psema, and a Magna Legacy. : /)

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
DI did as you suggested in another game, Hearthstone, and I came to regret it later on. Now, it's probably just better to hang on to your stuff and grind towards decks you want to play. (Still gotta grind three Snow Whites, three Jeanne's, two Spawns, one Psema, and a Magna Legacy. : /)

That wasn't me '^^

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka

I mean, you bring up the question of whether or not you should liquefy all non-rotation cards, and I did that (for non-standard cards) in a game called Hearthstone. I later came to regret that decision. I felt the experience was relevant to your question and thought I'd share. ^^

What did you ultimately decide to do?

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So January balance changes came out

https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=520

• Magic Illusionist's defense will be lowered from 2 (evolved: 4) to 1 (evolved: 3).
  • Immortal Thane will now cost 8 instead of 7.
  • Bahamut's attack and defense will be lowered from 13/13 (evolved: 15/15) to 9/9 (evolved: 11/11). Additionally, its effect will no longer destroy amulets.
  • February 15 (Announcement), February 16 (Change)
  • March 29 (Announcement), March 30 (Change)
One-Card Restriction in Unlimited
  • Legendary Forestcraft follower Aria, Guiding Fairy
  • Bronze Bloodcraft follower Blood Wolf

Surprisingly the next update after this one will be mid-February rather than the end of the month.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been very busy and haven't been able to play, but the 16 Million download event has been going on for the last week or so. Free packs are always nice!
Next expansion should be revealed in two weeks as well.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A tie in promotion with Marquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms has started. Get free Chronogenesis packs with it.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Set Eight Reveal: Dawnbreak, Nightedge
https://shadowverse.com/sp/cardpack/dawnbreaknightedge/
Make your choice wisely between two sides of the same card. With the new Choose mechanic, take control of your fate—play one of two variations of the same card to utilize different followers or effects for an edge in battle.

New Mode Being added to Arena
Grand Prix Mode
Summary
The Grand Prix is an online tournament mode held over three stages in the Arena. In this mode, choose or create a deck to play against other players in a fixed number of matches. During each stage of the tournament, you will be able to play a number of rounds daily to qualify or advance to the next stage—all three stages each have different conditions for advancing.

More at the link: https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=546

Last edited:

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first 2 cards are:
72c13505568785169b9975733a07bad5.png

Galua of the two Breaths 5pp Silver Dragon 4/4

Choose : White Breath. 2pp Draw 2 cards. Black Breath. 4pp Destroy a follower or an amulet.

d417080d42ff3564a00f97879b8384bc.png

Vania Nightshade Vampire :
If you are in vengeance and have at least 6 play points Choose : Play this card either as Kind Queen Vania or Blood Queen Vania.
Fanfare (if the first one does not go off) Deal 2 damage to both leaders and summon a forest bat.

Kind Queen Vania :

Drain, Whenever you summon a Forest Bat, give it ward
Fanfare: Summon 1 Forest bat

Blood Queen Vania :
Storm, whenever you summon a Forest Bat, give it bane
Fanfare: Summon 1 Forest bat

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Vania seems crazy good esp the blood quern mode

The bane bat gonna annoying like Bane knight in Council

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
It's nice you get multiple attempts a day. It's a decently grindable constructed arena format.

Edit: Barely squeaked by into Group A of the final stage! Almost lost to a Daria with 2 hp to spare. I had a lightning chain I was spamming out and had to hope she couldn't do 5 damage with 3 cards and she had already played 2 Blade Mages and 2 Magic Missiles Seemed like a safe gamble but wheeeew.

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I need to play Daria too.. got highrolled against that deck isnt fun..

Only 2 more week of that bs

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
I somehow got a 5 win in group A first try to qualify for finals with elephant forest. Havent been playing the game much at all these last two months, but I'll try to get back into it for the new expansion. Only got like 300 points for the score rewards this month so I need to hop on ranked for a while to get some gold.

Looking forward to a tenko's shrine haven deck next expansion.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On reddit they posted this spreadsheet with all the new cards that we have seen so far:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bI8nYZsGdZytZy6NPA8uzadjOKaxhqioiNImdOG2-WA/edit#gid=0

The new puppet legendary isn't there yet. It's as good as it's effect is long :
4232084e-s.jpg

Orchis Puppet Girl Portalcraft Legendary 8pp 5/5 Fanfare : Add 3 puppets to your hand If you have 8pp and 2 puppets in your hand play this as either Doll of Vengeance or Doll of Determination.

Orchis doll of Vengeance. 8pp 6/5 Every time a puppet is played, turn it into a Marionette One, if there is already a marionette uno in play, if marionette uno is in play, turn it into a marionette Two

Marionette One 1pp 1/1 Ambush

Marionette Two 4pp 3/2 Storm At the start of your turn combine Duo and Uno and become Marionette Three

Marionette Three 6pp 3/3 Storm Can attack Twice Last words Summon a Marionette One and Two.. I think.

Orchis Puppet of Determination

8pp 5/6

Whenver you summon a puppet if you have no Lloyd in play, summon a Lloyd , if you have a LLoyd in play by the end of turn, restore 3 defence to your leader.

Lloyd 3pp 1/4 Ward. Whenever an ability is targetted, it can only target Lloyd.
Other archtypes that are getting good support are Control portal, buff forest, jormungand blood and mysterian rune.
Heaven gets a new archtype with Holy Lion shards, which are kind of like Jades in HS.
Dragon is getting a new finisher that requires you to play 10 non-follwers.
We are still missing most of the sword cards.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
That portal legend sounds pretty damn good lol. Also I will say that since sword is missing almost all their high rarity card reveals that I have high hopes that they give sword something actually interesting, but I feel like I posted that exact sentence last expansion reveal lmao. Also I like how haven and portal get a similar card to support cannon, and a few crafts have an Albert-like finisher and sword is losing albert this expansion. Hopefully they actually do make sword interesting.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
That Portal leg is pretty bonkers. T8 9 face damage without evo as well as 6+ board damage if they started with more than 2 puppets in hand... If that doesn't kill you, you have to clear the mob of 3/2's AND the big body or else you're taking a ton more to face. I was having a decent time in mid Masters with a budget Noah deck, so this is kind of crazy.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The expnasion will have 97 cards (probably 11x8 + 9 neutrals).
17 cards will be added later to the expansion in may.
https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=580

Also, don't forget to claim your free Dread Sea Queen and a Grand Prix ticket.
That portal legend sounds pretty damn good lol. Also I will say that since sword is missing almost all their high rarity card reveals that I have high hopes that they give sword something actually interesting, but I feel like I posted that exact sentence last expansion reveal lmao. Also I like how haven and portal get a similar card to support cannon, and a few crafts have an Albert-like finisher and sword is losing albert this expansion. Hopefully they actually do make sword interesting.
Honetsly, sword is kind of inherently the least interesting craft.
They could really need a new mechanic.
Sword isn't getting something like this in DBNE,though, because here are 3 more cards, which are at least good:
DY3hwr1VwAAjmTK.jpg
DY3hwX4VMAEXATf.jpg

Swordcraft Gold Spell Battle of White and Black 1pp Choose to add either White King Imera or Black King Magnus to your hand Enhance 6 : Add both to your hand and restore 6pp

White King Imera Commander 4pp 3/3 Rush Whenever this follower attacks summon a Knight

Black King Magnus Commander 4pp 3/4 Fanfare: Until the end of your opponent's turn, your followers cannot be damaged by your opponent's card effects.

Since it seems like every one is only getting 2 gold cards, sword is still missing 1 bronze, silver and legendary.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That is an interesting experiment they're attempting with mid-release cards.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty apparent cash grab. There are other ways to address meta staleness. Upping the amount of legendaries AND splitting the expansion in two is not even close to the correct response. 10 packs also does not even come close to covering this. Hell, 50 free packs wouldn't even cover this. I don't think I'll continue playing if they keep either aspect of this past this expansion. I'm already falling behind on legendaries as is.

I usually toy around with an expansion in constructed and then slowly transition into TT once I get bored. I suppose this time, I'll only play TT and not buy/open a single pack until they increase the pool in mid-May. The fact that I have to adjust how I play the game to contort myself to fit into their monetization scheme is beyond dumb.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you bring up an excellent point about the cash grab aspect... When put like that it's actually very anti consumer

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even with the new cards, SV is still by far the mos F2P friendly CCG out there.
Cygames also has been very good at responding to criticism so far, so if this experiment doesn't work out, they will probal do something about this.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
My Final Round concluded at 2nd game where my daria opp draw the nuts and cant be ever answered at t5

Fun fucking game.. such a healthy deck

Fuck this game

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Could be worse you could lose to someone dropping an single card and going from 2 to 20

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
The final round of this event format was awful -- you really want to do sudden death in this card game, in this meta? The world's best players could go 0-1 because they just happened to go 2nd against someone with a perfect curve. It's stupid.

I really shouldn't be saying anything though as I couldn't even be assed to qualify for this round in either group. The format kind of stinks in that if you get a loss or two early, you may as well just quit out of the entire series because you can't qualify and the rewards are garbage. Then you realize that all of your games are going to be against the same garbage ass decks you've been dealing with for the last 6-12 months (Daria, Ramp Dragon, Neutral Forest) and it just made me want to do other things with my time. I don't think I actually finished a qualification round, thinking back at it.

And now CyGames wants to make 3 legendaries per class per expansion and split them up so that you can't even possibly draw them all at launch? Are they trying to get me to quit playing this game forever? I think they're critically misreading a) why people play less or stop playing a month after an expansion (the meta gets stale because it's the same damn decks we've been playing for the last year) and b) how much goodwill they think they can burn through in an attempt to extract more cash. I don't have an issue with them trying to monetize the game in and of itself, and I can only speak for myself but if they think I'm enjoying this game enough to get into that rat race with my dollerydoos, they're sorely mistaken.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Damn, lost on my 2nd game for groups A finals playing elephant forest. I read that my opponent was aggro dragon correctly becuase aggro dragon was one of the first 5-0 finals runs posted on reddit, but then I did a huge misplay around turn 6 that cost me the match. Happy I got the sleeves, but I was really gunning for that champion's flair.

I loved the format. It was some of the most fun I've had in the game knowing that everyone was giving it their all and really trying to win. The finals should let you play all 5 games though, but the rewards between 2 wins and 4 wins are pretty negligible.

Last edited:

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Also they announced they are doing 2 more grand prix in April, one for rotation and one for unlimited. I actually haven't played a single game of unlimited yet so that'll be fun lol.

And with the removal of some of the removal in this coming rotation, sword might finally have a good chance at winning through board instead of storm. I haven't delved deep in the new cards yet though so I dunno how things might play out.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Storm certainly isn't as scary as it used to me.
Big storm card still exist, but are rather condtional.

The lack of aoe could be a problem, though.
Mist of extinction, Magna Legacy and Frenzied Drake are now some of the best cards for it.
Ginger Rune could be strong, since it's very hard to punish the deck, but Saha is gone, so they wil have a harder time staying alive.
Pure Annihilation could now see play, too.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=590
After the Mar 28 maintenance, the Treasure Trove of Rupies event begins! Play private matches during this event and you could be randomly selected to win 500,000 rupies, card pack tickets, cards, or other great rewards.

EVENT DETAILS
During this event, an exclusive mission will appear daily. Play a private match with a different player every day to clear the mission and become eligible for rewards. In addition, completing the special daily mission will earn you a Dawnbreak, Nightedge ticket. You don't need to win the match—just play until the end.

There are two types of rewards, special and standard. Players who aren't chosen for special rewards still have a chance at standard rewards.

EVENT PERIOD
Post-maintenance, Mar 28, 2018 – 1 p.m., Apr 7, 2018 (PT)

REWARD DETAILS

Special Rewards:
First prize: 500,000 rupies (One winner daily)
Second prize: 50,000 rupies (Five winners daily)

Residents of Japan may select from other rewards. Special rewards can only be won once per player during this event.

Standard Rewards:
50 rupies
100 rupies
500 rupies
1000 rupies
2000 rupies
1 Dawnbreak, Nightedge ticket
3 Dawnbreak, Nightedge tickets
10 Dawnbreak, Nightedge tickets
1 gold card
1 animated gold card
1 legendary card
1 animated legendary card

- Completing the special daily mission will earn you a Dawnbreak, Nightedge ticket.
- Days reset at 1:00 p.m. (PT)
- During this promotion, matches with a given opponent will only count for exclusive missions one time

Free shit yay!

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Wow would be cool to win 500k gold, but I already know that ain't happening to me lol. Free stuff is always good, and 1 private battle a day is real easy. Apparently people in Japan get to choose to get ~$10k for first place prize and ~$1k for the 2nd place prize instead of the gold.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that means non-jpn players have a "higher chance" to win or if every region has their own lots

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dawnbreak, Nightedge has arrived, and the game has a fancy title screen with it.

19 packs I could open today (I had 800 crystals sitting on my account since the last deal, so I'm using those for 16 daily packs). Lowest number I've ever opened at set launch, lol

Got a Yggdrasil at 5, an Animated Ceryneian Hind at 13, and a Runie at 19.

Last edited:

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
12 legos in about 80 packs, not bad. Animated Celia and Orchis makes me pretty happy, though I do really want the Aria leader.

Time to go spend my arena tickets before deck building.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Busting open my free packs now. I've been really into Hearthstone (and their new expansion) so this update flew completely under my radar.
The new cards look fun with their emphasis on choice and more Enhance effects are always nice.

Will stick around for a bit and test the waters before deciding which game to play--it's SO hard to play both at the same time and climb the ladder.

How has the game evolved the past few months? I was playing a lot of Nemesis / Mage / Vampire a few months ago, but just took a break to play FFXIV.

edit: Man, I'd forgotten how great the art is in this game. 眷属の召喚 is amazing! Aaaannnd I got an animated オルカの大渦! lol

edit 2: I don't play Royal, so I don't know but 白と黒の決闘 looks strong AF. (1-cost gold that gives you Imera, Magnus, or both at Enhance 6).

edit 3: What's the point of getting 10 skeletons in your hand? lol

edit 4: NO MORE Dorothy or Nepthys or Dragoon! Nooooooooooooooo!

edit 5: The Sun and Moon @.@;;;

Last edited: