• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
How can I make Krawlers not suck?

Need an insect deck for my bro to play with me now that my Inzektors were stolen

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a Maximum Crisis SE and got an Ash Blossom from one of the packs. Just two more before I can get serious!
That's some great luck, congrats!
How can I make Krawlers not suck?

Need an insect deck for my bro to play with me now that my Inzektors were stolen
The World Legacy Shield seems to be good for it.

Regiruler seems like a fan of that archetype so I imagine he'd be a good person to talk to about that.
Here's a Strategy thread on Pojo that could help as well.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Got back recently into the game with two friends. I've spent about $200 in the last month in a half.

• Legendary Dragon Decks (traded so I've gotten 2x Odd-Eyes decks)
  • Legendary Decks II
  • Two cheap 2015 mega tins
  • A few Joey packs, a few Circuit Breaker packs
  • Premium Gold Pack
  • A couple singles
So far, I've really enjoyed Pendulum summoning - to the point where I'm using an Odd-Eyes/Performapal deck - and the Red-Eyes support. The new summoning methods are super easy and people are really, really misleading in regards to that.

My favourite pulls so far are Red-Eyes Baby Dragon, Gearfried the Red-Eyes Iron Knight, Galaxy, Number 38: Hope Harbinger Titanic Galaxy, Lord of the Red, and Borreload Dragon.

My local card shop has some older boxes sealed for $50, so I might grab some.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Got back recently into the game with two friends. I've spent about $200 in the last month in a half.

• Legendary Dragon Decks (traded so I've gotten 2x Odd-Eyes decks)
  • Legendary Decks II
  • Two cheap 2015 mega tins
  • A few Joey packs, a few Circuit Breaker packs
  • Premium Gold Pack
  • A couple singles
So far, I've really enjoyed Pendulum summoning - to the point where I'm using an Odd-Eyes/Performapal deck - and the Red-Eyes support. The new summoning methods are super easy and people are really, really misleading in regards to that.

My favourite pulls so far are Red-Eyes Baby Dragon, Gearfried the Red-Eyes Iron Knight, Galaxy, Number 38: Hope Harbinger Titanic Galaxy, Lord of the Red, and Borreload Dragon.

My local card shop has some older boxes sealed for $50, so I might grab some.

Glad to have you here ETDP!

Regarding the bolded, I've always thought that the idea of the new summoning methods being "incomprehensible craziness" comes from having to learn them all at once and more importantly just reading about them instead of actually playing with them.

They become a natural part of the game once you actually play a couple of matches and experiment with them.

Also those were some sweet pulls, Borreload Dragon and Number 38:Hope Harbinger Dragon are amazing cards. Borreload could work wonders with your Odd-Eyes Performapals

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to have you here ETDP!

Regarding the bolded, I've always thought that the idea of the new summoning methods being "incomprehensible craziness" comes from having to learn them all at once and more importantly just reading about them instead of actually playing with them.

They become a natural part of the game once you actually play a couple of matches and experiment with them.

Also those were some sweet pulls, Borreload Dragon and Number 38:Hope Harbinger Dragon are amazing cards. Borreload could work wonders with your Odd-Eyes Performapals
Yeah, I think what I'm going to do in terms of links is run Borreload and the magician from the new structure deck. I need to grab that anyways for the reprints.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I feel like I should post in this thread at least once, so here I am. I haven't actively played for a while now, but I've been following things from a distance and the recent Twitch marathon has really made me want to get back into the card game.

Unfortunately the YGO scene around here is on the weak side, so that's a pretty big hurdle. And I think I'd want to play HEROs again if I were to start playing, and I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

But uh yeah. Hi!

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I feel like I should post in this thread at least once, so here I am. I haven't actively played for a while now, but I've been following things from a distance and the recent Twitch marathon has really made me want to get back into the card game.

Unfortunately the YGO scene around here is on the weak side, so that's a pretty big hurdle. And I think I'd want to play HEROs again if I were to start playing, and I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

But uh yeah. Hi!

The more the merrier, welcome Man

And it's possible to play HEROs again, you just need to focus on a way to avoid your fusions getting stuck in the Extra Monster Zone

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
The more the merrier, welcome Man

And it's possible to play HEROs again, you just need to focus on a way to avoid your fusions getting stuck in the Extra Monster Zone
Yeah, I'm sure I could figure out a way to give HEROs a try, I just wish I could find people to play with again first. Some proper Link support would be nice though!

In the meantime I could really use an up-to-date video game, but I guess those don't exist right now. I'm not a fan of the simulators.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Legendary Collection Kaiba Announced

LC_Kaiba_BOX_MOCK_EN-ref.jpg

March 9
Each Legendary Collection Kaiba box set will contain:

• 3 Legendary Collection Kaiba Mega Packs
    • Each Mega Pack contains:
      • 4 Secret Rare Cards
      • 6 Ultra Rare Cards
  • 5 new cards based on some of Kaiba's famous cards like Lord of D., including a new Fusion Monster to Summon with The Fang of Critias!
  • 1 Game Board

It'd be nice if they could include the KaibaCorp rarity and/or sleeves.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Jesus Fuck stop it with Yugi/Kaiba collections already, we get it, Kaiba and Yugi are cool.

Why not a Jesse Anderson Collection with all the new Crystal Beasts??

Pegasus has new cards coming, and toons are awfully expensive...Why not sell those in a Pegasus Collection!?

Also that new monster is obviously Blue Eyes Tyrant Dragon

Last edited:

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Jack Atlus will never have his day :(

Who else is going to buy $30 cups of coffee or poorly construct tables?

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
if they're going to keep focusing on DM at least give us support for other characters then

let's have a gate guardian archtype including a new boss monster

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
Ok just finished Dark Side of Dimensions.

I loved seeing the cards like our English cards with all that crazy text.

Kaiba needs to let things go. Let it go dude.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
Someone help me out here. This is still bothering me about Kaiba in Dark Side of Dimensions

How the hell did he play Obelisk???

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Someone help me out here. This is still bothering me about Kaiba in Dark Side of Dimensions

How the hell did he play Obelisk???

He created a digital version of the card with his memories, remember he can recreate anything in his memories with the new tech, even a god card

That´s why Obelisk design is a bit different too, he probably added some edge to it.

He didn't summon this:

He summoned his own version of the card, this one:

MVPC-EN001.jpg

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
He created a digital version of the card with his memories, remember he can recreate anything in his memories with the new tech, even a god card

That´s why Obelisk design is a bit different too, he probably added some edge to it.

He didn't summon this:

He summoned his own version of the card, this one:

MVPC-EN001.jpg

Ok. that would also explain why his drawing of the card was different too with those visual effects and what not.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
I love Kaiba so yay.

But seriously. Give me a Legendary Collection with Marik, Pegasus and Ma. (I would include Bakura/Dartz, but their cards are meh).

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Hey is this that game where androgynous male characters settle their differences with paper?

No, that's Cardfight Vanguard

This is that game where androgynous male characters settle their differences with super expensive holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching the experience of playing with paper

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
I love Kaiba so yay.

But seriously. Give me a Legendary Collection with Marik, Pegasus and Ma. (I would include Bakura/Dartz, but their cards are meh).
Yeah I'd love some Bakura support, he's my favorite villain.

They just need to treat his cards right. Doomcaliber Knight, Necroface, and Goblin Zombie where all vanillas in the show but became top tier effect monsters in reality.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I'm okay with the continued Duel Monsters milking, but yeah, another Kaiba release is pretty lame at this point. Plenty of other characters to give some love. But I'm still buying it, so I'm part of the problem.

Anyway, I ordered a bunch of cards for my HERO deck, so I might as well post about that here instead of in the anime thread. I'll still need plenty to build my deck though. And by plenty I mean my spells and traps. >.>

What Link monsters should I look into? I already have a Decode Talker.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with the continued Duel Monsters milking, but yeah, another Kaiba release is pretty lame at this point. Plenty of other characters to give some love. But I'm still buying it, so I'm part of the problem.

Anyway, I ordered a bunch of cards for my HERO deck, so I might as well post about that here instead of in the anime thread. I'll still need plenty to build my deck though. And by plenty I mean my spells and traps. >.>

What Link monsters should I look into? I already have a Decode Talker.

Spells

3 E - Emergency Call
3 A HERO Lives to special summon Prisma to copy a name for an easy Fusion Summon or special summon Shadow Mist to search a Mask Change
3 Mask Change if you're using Masked HEROs which is recommended because Dark Law is absurd
1 Reinforcement of the Army (limited)

Traps

2-3 Back to the Front easy special summon from Graveyard
2-3 Solemn Strike to negate
1 Solemn Warning to negate (limited)

For backrow removal you can go either Twin Twisters or Heavy Storm Duster, one is a quickplay Spell that requires a discard and the other is a Trap that doesn't allow you a Battle Phase when you use it.

Not sure about the Link Monsters, you should be fine I think. But if you're using the Vanilla HEROs you can Rescue Rabbit 2 copies of Clayman to make Missus Radiant or Burstinatrix to make Do Little Chimera in the future. Unexpected Dai and Painful Decision would be a good spell cards to use if you're going that route as well. Wow, just realized you can make the Burning Abyss Link Monster with Avian and Busrstinatrix.

Last edited:

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Spells

3 E - Emergency Call
3 A HERO Lives to special summon Prisma to copy a name for an easy Fusion Summon or special summon Shadow Mist to search a Mask Change
3 Mask Change if you're using Masked HEROs which is recommended because Dark Law is absurd
1 Reinforcement of the Army (limited)

Traps

2-3 Back to the Front easy special summon from Graveyard
2-3 Solemn Strike to negate
1 Solemn Warning to negate (limited)

For backrow removal you can go either Twin Twisters or Heavy Storm Duster, one is a quickplay Spell that requires a discard and the other is a Trap that doesn't allow you a Battle Phase when you use it.

Not sure about the Link Monsters, you should be fine I think. But if you're using the Vanilla HEROs you can Rescue Rabbit 2 copies of Clayman to make Missus Radiant or Burstinatrix to make Do Little Chimera in the future. Unexpected Dye would be a good spell card to use if you're going that route as well. Wow, just realized you can make the Burning Abyss Link Monster with Avian and Busrstinatrix.

Thanks, that helps!

I plan to play Masked HEROs, yeah. I'm already set on the A HERO Lives, Mask Changes and Reinforcement. I'm going to need more two more Emergency Calls though.

My lack of certain spells and traps is more of a budgetary concern right now really, we aren't talking crazy expensive here but that stuff ads up. I somehow managed to snag a really cheap new copy of that HERO STRIKE structure deck which helped me decide on heroes in the first place, that felt especially nice since those are pricey now though I would have bought singles otherwise of course. But even so I'm on a pretty limited budget, so for now I have to use what I got from that + way old cards I still have lying around. But I did at least get myself stuff like an Anki and Acid.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Heros can also Make good use of Xyz monsters like Utopia the Lightning and Heroic Champion Excalibur

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Heros can also Make good use of Xyz monsters like Utopia the Lightning and Heroic Champion Excalibur

Yeah, I've seen some recommendations like that. Call me silly but I don't like to throw in too much stuff that doesn't feel "right" in a HERO deck though, even if it's to my disadvantage to limit myself like that.

Heroics and Utopia feel appropriate enough at least. Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer does too. Ain't no way I'm throwing in something like an Abyss Dweller though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
OCG brings the GOOD kind of OG YGO Nostalgia

FB_IMG_1510283413172.jpg

Heavy Metal Raiders
Field Spell Card
(1) DARK Machine monsters you control, the first time each turn they'd be destroyed by battle, they are not destroyed, and if you take battle damage during that battle, that monster gains ATK equal to that amount.
(2) Once per turn: If a monster you control whose original Attribute and Type are DARK and Machine destroys a card on the field(by battle or its card effect): You can Special Summon 1 DARK Machine monster from your hand.

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
I love how it has Metal Raiders in the name. That's a nice tough in addition to the Bandit Keith cards on the art.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Reposting

DP19-Competition-%E2%80%93-Cross-Dimension.jpg

OCG members GX just like us!!! A card filled with episode 1 nostalgia was announced

Competition – Cross Dimension
Normal Trap Card
(1) Target 1 "Ancient Gear" monster you control; banish that monster. The monster banished by this effect returns to the field during the next Standby Phase, and until the end of that turn, its ATK is doubled.
(2) If an "Ancient Gear Golem" or "Ancient Gear Golem – Ultimate Pound" you control would be destroyed, you can banish this card from the GY instead.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Going to try and get my last two Ash before competing in a local tournament next Friday. It'll be my first one and I'm actually kind of excited. Need to test out my Trickstar deck a bit. Might take out one Eater of Millions and see what I add in.

I found a Lost Sanctuary structure deck at Wal-Mart. I have no idea what I can build with it.

Edit: Any of you run Ghost Ogres? Debating whether to get one or two. Or should I get a set?

Last edited:

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Going to try and get my last two Ash before competing in a local tournament next Friday. It'll be my first one and I'm actually kind of excited. Need to test out my Trickstar deck a bit. Might take out one Eater of Millions and see what I add in.

I found a Lost Sanctuary structure deck at Wal-Mart. I have no idea what I can build with it.

Edit: Any of you run Ghost Ogres? Debating whether to get one or two. Or should I get a set?
I play 2 Ghost Ogre in my Main Deck, hitting field spells and problem monsters is something my Deck needs.

That said, I'm thinking about testing PSY-Frame Gamma, not to mention I don't play Pot of Desires so I probably won't accidentally Banish the PSY-Frame Driver.

My friend plays Trickstar and also Main Decks 2 Ghost Ogres.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
There's very few things I hate and pity more than 30 somethings that "make a living" out of YGO

Like Jesus Christ, as much as I love this game I can't bring myself to imagine basing my entire life on trading cards and scamming kids with those trading cards

/Rant

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I've been playing duel links a lot recently and I'm wondering if it's worth getting back into the card game. I have no physical cards and I live in Japan.

Wondering if anyone here thinks it's worth investing some money and time into it. I need a new hobby and I'd like to meet some new people

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I've been playing duel links a lot recently and I'm wondering if it's worth getting back into the card game. I have no physical cards and I live in Japan.

Wondering if anyone here thinks it's worth investing some money and time into it. I need a new hobby and I'd like to meet some new people

Japanese OCG is much more affordable than TCG.

I'd say why not?

Oct 25, 2017
I've been spending some time recently learning from the basics to the newest types and that's the not too head scratching part. It's not the rules, but rather the staggering amount of cards that work together can feel overwhelming, not to mention the many wall of text cards with very specific effects. Still, I'm slowly getting there, and like any of these long running TCG's they've evolved so much that naturally any new or returning player is going to be overwhelmed at first.

I am interesting in buying the cards again after about a decade, but I'm not sure where to start. I want to get the newest structure deck, but anything else specific? And any Black Friday deals anywhere? I've seen listings like "12 booster packs for $25", but I wasn't sure if buying random packs was a good idea without knowing what I'm looking for instead of something like a set?