• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ash Blossom reprinted as a Super Rare in Shadows of Valhalla. Sell your shit quickly as prices will tank. Not short printed either by the looks of it.

Some sick reprints like Golden Bamboo sword, Alaister, Chanbara, Twin Twisters.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
It's like your in my head, card is toxic to the game.

You'd think the bouncing effect was bad enough...

Firewall isnt even Iconic...it's just there in the show.

The obsession to shield it from a ban at the expense of other well liked cards is stupid.

Now that we're shitting on the game. Man oh man that flood of Link 2s with bottom arrows to try and make fan favorite Decks functional sure was part of the plan Amirite? It means links were a great idea!!

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017

The obsession to shield it from a ban at the expense of other well liked cards is stupid.

Now that we're shitting on the game. Man oh man that flood of Link 2s with bottom arrows to try and make fan favorite Decks functional sure was part of the plan Amirite? It means links were a great idea!!
Nothing like having to print cards specifically for archetypes that literally cannot function under master rule 4.

And as I'm sure you're aware, the game has never been faster than with Links.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Nothing like having to print cards specifically for archetypes that literally cannot function under master rule 4.

And as I'm sure you're aware, the game has never been faster than with Links.

Making the game slow™
The feel of Gen 1™

It's amazing how these "You guys were right Gen 1 was better so we're undoing our mistakes" narratives allow companies to just go full lazy. See Pokémon Let's Go and Digimon Tri

However in this case the narrative is on the players, not on Konami. I don't recall them ever making those claims. Just hyping links as "Play these or don't play at all"

Last edited:

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Making the game slow™
The feel of Gen 1™

It's amazing how these "You guys were right Gen 1 was better so we're undoing our mistakes" narratives allow companies to just go full lazy. See Pokémon Let's Go and Digimon Tri

However in this case the narrative is on the players, not on Konami. I don't recall them ever making those claims. Just hyping links as "Play these or don't play at all"
I can't think of another time in Yugioh history where the new mechanic felt this forced onto the players.

Konami needs to drop the whole "New series New mechanic" agenda.

They're so much potential still sitting in plenty of the older mechanics.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Archfiend Empress is also one of my favorite cards.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going to have to throw my hat in the ring and say Legacy of the Duelist is bad. They need the production values (mainly voice overs) and QoL changes from Duel Links and fixed online. I spend ages building a Six Samurai deck because I wanted something OK to play with online and every time I try to join a game it just DCs me from every host! I can't even host my own matches!

Also half that DLC should of been either given away for free or been earnable as a incentive to play online (if it ever worked) to bolster the online community.

Oct 25, 2017

Exactly, that's what baffles me. It seems clear by now Decode Talker or the Code Talkers collectively are more Jesusaku's ace. If not it's Cyberse Clock Dragon, which just looks fucking ugly in the show, but at least has a rather "safe" beatstick effect that is nothing like Firewall's nonsense. So their insistence on keeping Firewall Dragon around even if limited to one is also a mystery to me.

They even bring Firewall back out again in the latest episode, but against the second of two chumps (who may a well be nameless for all the importance they'll have) who are both easily OTKed despite using Gouki decks. It's like the writer of the duels is still mandated by their boss to put in Firewall, but there's no conceivable way to use it effectively in a game without quickly ending it and dissolving all drama (not that VRAINS even has any drama), so it's relegated to rare appearances where it's either rendered so ineffective that it's used as Link fodder like in the last duel against the rival, or brought out in its full OP glory to curbstomp one of the most insignificant "characters" on the entire show.

If anyone is wondering what VRAINS is currently like after my last outburst about how they treat the season 1 characters, it's still shit. Naoki Shima is still an idiot who doesn't properly know how to play the card game, so they spend a single episode having Ghost Girl pointlessly duel him, but at least she gets one win at last, even if it's the equivalent of a professional YGO player taking out someone with a starter deck. Rather than put in the effort to slowly develop this guy, he's still no more than comic relief.

Soulburner actually showed a bit of promise. The writers actually gave him a significant flaw, that is his PTSD whenever he sees Despair from the Dark. But then they pull a "just kidding! He got over his trauma a while back and is just pretending!" and I was left thinking: are you fucking kidding me? So any potential for an arc is just scrubbed away because god forbid either of the two target demographic Gary Stu protagonists have any notable flaw. No, your Highness, we can't have character flaws with longer term consequences leave a dent in your holy plot armour, no.

The Knights of Hanoi characters "returned" several episodes ago, but in a recap episode. They have since yet to actually show up again and upcoming episode descriptions show no sign of them returning. No, instead we'll finally have a backstory for how Kusanagi met up with Playmaker in the first place. 64 episodes in.

As for any decks I particularly like, Lightsworns still have my heart, followed by Six Samurais as well as Goukis and Altergeists of late. My most hated deck to play against online these days is the Trickstar Sky Striker type.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I think the problem is no one in VRAINS treats their cards as something special

Yugi considered DM his ace and he had entire episodes of people wanting to get it from him

Yudai designed Neos himself and we had entire episodes of people being baffled by Neos contact fusion

Yusei fought hell and earth to get Stardust Back and remember that time when he finally adds it to his Deck to fight against Aki because shit was about to get real? Yeah. That IS respect for the main card.

Yuma literally spammed Utopia every single Duel. Every. Single. Time.

And Yuya always kept evolving his Odd-Eyes which was a major part of the plot

Yusaku just pulled Firewall out of his ass like all his Links...and never really uses it. It has zero importance and characters never react to it like it's anything special....

Regarding VRAINS I laughed at how they had fusing for a couple of episodes then went back to Link spam. "There's your fucking variety" And trying to make Naoki into a character is ridiculous. His character design is simply repulsive.

Last edited:

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
The whole arc of Jack stealing and using Stardust while Yusei try's to get it back was awesome.

This also allowed us to enjoy Junk, Nitro, and Turbo Warrior more.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I am surprised that there was a new Yu-gi-oh PSP game back in 2015, which is a Tag Force game sure, but it covers every series up to Arc-V so it's got the most opponents to face. I thought the Tag Force series was done at 6, but somehow learning about this game surprised me more than I thought. Are there other good Yu-gi-oh games (as in, one not subjected to constant updates) beyond this game?

Thank you for reeading.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Legacy of the Duelist
Oh yeah, there's that. It even has an amazing selection of characters from the past series too! Seems like this game is off limits on Steam in SEA, so I guess that's not for me then. (Duel Links, on the other hand, is available)

I wonder if Konami is planning to make a new Yu-gi-oh game on the Switch, which would be swell.

Thank you for reading.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Oh yeah, there's that. It even has an amazing selection of characters from the past series too! Seems like this game is off limits on Steam in SEA, so I guess that's not for me then. (Duel Links, on the other hand, is available)

I wonder if Konami is planning to make a new Yu-gi-oh game on the Switch, which would be swell.

Thank you for reading.

Duel Links is a decent mobile game but it has some noticeable flaws.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I am surprised that there was a new Yu-gi-oh PSP game back in 2015, which is a Tag Force game sure, but it covers every series up to Arc-V so it's got the most opponents to face. I thought the Tag Force series was done at 6, but somehow learning about this game surprised me more than I thought. Are there other good Yu-gi-oh games (as in, one not subjected to constant updates) beyond this game?

Thank you for reeading.

No game has the Link mechanic yet

Last edited: