Community Update: Newsletter and Spotlights

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Hi community!

I’m SweetNicole, your new Community Manager here at ResetEra. You might know me from all the times I tagged you with announcements on Discord or when I stopped by your server to answer questions about the migration. For those who are saying to themselves they’ve never heard of me before, I hope we’ll have the opportunity to get to know each other.

As a staff we’ve been challenging ourselves to improve every day. We have been pushing ourselves to not rest on our laurels, but to think bigger and better. I’m here now to roll back the curtain on some things we think will improve the quality of life for many of the communities here. These are merely the first steps on the road to making ResetEra better for everyone.

The first thing I’d like to talk about is the newsletter. If you missed it in the recent From Us To You: An Update On Our Team And The Future, here’s the description again: “One of the features we are currently looking at will be Community Newsletters: a pinned monthly digest that will include select hangouts from Video Games and EtcetEra, upcoming community events, new game releases and links to their OTs, and information on site updates.”

Our first ResetEra Community Newsletter is currently planned for release sometime between later this month and early next month. There are likely to be changes in the format, content and other things as we experiment with different ideas based on your feedback. Please be patient with us, and be vocal if there’s something you think could be done better.

The second thing that is being rolled out is Community Spotlights. One of the things we’ve heard a lot is how the Hangouts section makes many small communities essentially invisible. We are committed to addressing this problem. In the short term, we believe that shining a spotlight on communities can help.

Specifically, we’re going to be taking one |OT| from the Hangouts subforum in each forum section, moving it into the corresponding main forum, and stickying it. This will follow a rotating system with each |OT| remaining there for a few days before being rotated back to Hangouts. Our hope is that this will help members find new communities of interest. I want to emphasize that this program is completely optional, so if your community would like to participate please go to one of the links below for full details.

Spotlight For Video Games Communities Here

Spotlight For Etcetera Communities Here

We’re also looking at making special temporary spotlights for communities when specific events are occurring. For example, the release of a new game update or DLC, a new comic, major sporting event, etc. We are still brainstorming this concept so we’d love to hear your thoughts.

The third and final thing we are doing is the implementation of a “Table of Contents” for each Hangouts subforum. It will contain a list of communities in that Hangouts with a direct link to the |OT|. Our hope is that this will allow members to find communities they want to be involved in quicker and easier than sorting through pages and pages to find a specific community. This is also going to be optional. For full details and to sign up your community, please view one of the links below.

Community List For Video Games Communities Here

Community List For Etcetera Communities Here

If you have any other suggestions on ways ResetEra can serve its communities better, please reach out to me at [email protected] or hit me up on twitter for smaller things: https://twitter.com/ItsSweetNicole I love getting feedback and talking with the community, so feel free to reach out.

Additionally, if you or your community have concerns over |OT| policies, moderation policies within your community, etc I’ll be here as your first point of contact. Don’t hesitate to reach out. It is my job to make ResetEra work for you.

Thanks for being the best community on the internet!

Oct 25, 2017
Great ideas with newsletter and community spotlights, especially considering the frequency of new threads. Keep up the good work!

Oct 27, 2017
Slovenia
This forum took the idea of the place we used to call home and upgraded it exponentially. The way that everything is organized, all the new features, how everything is super transparent, etc,... All that really makes this a special place.

The Table of Contents is a great idea. Already PMed two creators on these.

Newsletter is one to keep in mind, too.

Slowly but surely i can tell what the ERA Team is trying to set up. I gotta say, its certainly not lacking any ambition. Really hope everything announced will end up being reality. Given the existence of ERA already as a whole, its not hard to see this happen :)

Oct 29, 2017
This site has eclipsed the functionality of its predecessor in the space of a couple of weeks. How the fuck

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Is this reality? Is this fucking INTERNET 4.0?

First of all, I got a notification (just like when someone quotes me), saying that this is an important post!

Second of all, gaming rotation sticky is a GENIUS idea. Fuck me, this god damn forum, man.