Community Update: Newsletter and Spotlights

Oct 27, 2017
I like that sound of this stable of contents. I've been hoping to find some threads I used to frequent:

Retro gaming thread
Gameboy/Color/Advance collecting thead
GameCube collecting thread
N64 collecting thread

Anyone know if these have all come over?

Oct 25, 2017
This forum is such an improvement.

The transparency, sharing of ideas, and overall technical upgrades all make this place feel next level.

Oct 27, 2017
How are you guys implementing so many great features so quickly when the old site is still stuck in the dark ages of forum tech after living so long? Some talented administration for this site for real, doing great work guys.

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
This is great, I'm loving the stickying of community hangouts for a few days in order to help each community get more exposure.
Admins and mods are doing an awesome job of running this site so far. keep up the great work everyone

Oct 27, 2017
Everything sounds really great! Looking forward to having a go-to place for game release lists that are easy to access too.

Amazing work by the entire team.

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Hi SweetNicole.
Thank you for keeping us all updated.
Some brilliant ideas there.
Also I want to say a BIG "Thank You" to all the moderation team and everyone posting in the RetroEra family for making this the best community out there.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The gaming spotlight seems like it could get out of hand real fast with everyone already requesting individual games, new and old. Would limiting spotlights to more "catch all" OTs be better? Like Fighting Games, Retro, Giantbomb, PC Racing Sims, RPG Community, etc.

Though with Etcetera having even more threads I guess its going to be a problem we'll have to live with regardless lol.

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Amazing how quickly the site has become established. Well done to all involved! I now visit Resetera before Feedly every morning and check in regularly throughout the day. Great work everyone.

Echo

Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
This all sounds great. Event spotlights seem super helpful in theory. Likewise Community spotlights should hopefully pump some new blood into the hangouts.

Aske

Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Awesome ideas.

I know this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I'd love it if the first newsletter told us a bit about the genesis of the forum. Whether ResetEra had been in the works for a while, or if it was a titanic feat of organisation over the four(?) days since the mod team deserted GAF. How the ERA admin and mod team came together, etc. If this is private info no worries, but if not, it would make for fascinating reading.