Community Update: Newsletter and Spotlights

DMiz

Oct 29, 2017
All fantastic additions. As someone who mostly lurked before the Great Migration, this is a great way to get me involved and interested in participating in some of the communities.

Even the alert that brought my attention to this post is genius. It's just a great way to get me engaged with other members who post here. Bravo!

Oct 27, 2017
I like that the ERA team is improving the experience. I'm really glad the community finally has a modern forum with new ideas around it.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Rotating select OTs from the community sections to the main forums was a long-requested feature over at the other place™. Good to see the initiative here.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really related but a suggestion for a minor improvement: could we have at the bottom of each thread (so when you read the last message) a direkt link back to the main forum? Currently I have to click twice to get there (arrow up, small icon that stands for the main forum). Personally I would be also very much in favor of making that icon either bigger or to replace it with a word so it’s easier to tap it.

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like these additions, while certainly helpful, do not address the core issue which is having work and other real life related shit get in the way of browsing the forum.

Fantastic idea - as somehow who rarely strays outside the gaming forum, this is awesome news. Some of the community discussion is a little daunting with long time posters and "in-jokes", so to encourage new discussion within is a idea and a half! Eagerly awaiting the newsletter as well, keep up the good work all!

Oct 30, 2017
Love what you have done with the forum so far. My main gripe is still the lack of typographical hierarchy in the design. Especially in the mobile version, the elements are too similiar in sizes and weights. Think you could do some adjustments? I would love to help working on that.

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds great! I do have to admit that I have trouble finding communites I want to be a part of beyond the occasional post. I definitely noticed that when "that" place dissolved and I felt left out in the cold, so to speak.

Oct 25, 2017
That all sounds really great. ResetEra feels like creativity has been unleashed or something, it's been quite a positive experience so far!

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
REALLY love the table of contents idea. I know in the past I've just stumbled upon groups I didn't even know existed, but I wish I knew existed a lot earlier. I am, as they say, excite.

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
All fantastic additions. As someone who mostly lurked before the Great Migration, this is a great way to get me involved and interested in participating in some of the communities.

Even the alert that brought my attention to this post is genius. It's just a great way to get me engaged with other members who post here. Bravo!
I was just going to post the same thing. Getting the notification seemed like going above and beyond. The coming features are a great way of addressing problems I definitely experienced on the other forum.

Oct 27, 2017
Pahonix
Holy shit you guys are awesome.

I think it's funny on the "other" site, that "other" guy has posted some 5 line BS "update". This is a real update and, to be frank, shows there's some caring here in the community. Brava to all of you.

Kuga

Oct 25, 2017
Highlighting communities when events happen is a great idea. And even just in general - more exposure to new topics of potential interest is nice.

Thanks again for working to make the site successful!

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds pretty good, particularly the community spotlights; that should bring some much needed attention to smaller communities.