• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a spectator I like wobbling but as a player I hate it. I'll be sad to see it go even though I recognize why it should be banned. But half of it is just that I miss players like fly amanita and wobbles when they played regularly

emb

Oct 28, 2017
I don't remember Fly ever wobbling much. Wobbling ban might make him stronger.

On the plus side for spectating, I'm sure it won't be too long before we see someone live out the "I don't even need to wobble" storyline. It'll be neat the first few times.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Bananas is probably the only top ICs right now that can live in a post-wobbling world. It's gonna be tough sledding, but he's good

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Fly and even Wobbles didn't really wobble in their prime. Both did sick handoff combos instead.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Moky over Leffen. It's crazy how good he has looked since his "retirement."

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean long live Chu let's go Chu but I don't know why Swedish didn't switch to Peach in game five.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
JUst checked back in on Shine. Kinda crazy to see that iBDW took out Leffen.

First thing I thought of was melee

Each and every one of you know this struggle lol
Yeah, this is true. Ultimately the same issue, people all want to play their own preferred way, often also the way that gives them a better shot at winning. More generally, people want others to agree with and validate their own opinions, and we often don't catch ourselves realizing it's selfish.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
These tournaments where enough of the top players are missing that it ends up being a hard fought battle for 2nd place followed by Hbox just destroying them... are thankfully rare, but they are still painful

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Even after the WF set loss, I would have bet money on Leo taking it. Really didn't expect Sam to take it, good for him.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping iBDW would beat S2J for another shot at Hbox. That would have been better than S2J just getting whipped again. Without the SD on stadium in winners semis iBDW could have potentially gone up 2-1 and the set probably would have played out entirely differently.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they learned from the last KS and will handle the second one better. I felt like they kind of left it to die toward the end because they lost confidence in hitting the goal, plus being busy because the guys have full time jobs on top of working on the Smash Stick. I know they say they want to do a better marketing push and get some bigger sites to cover it because that didn't work out at all for the first attempt. And they need to be more active during the KS and push content and updates, which is the main bit of feedback I've given them.

I'd post something in the thread I made about it during the last KS but I already double posted with KS updates back then to no interest.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

m2k is watching the documentary for the first time right now and doing commentary. dude was around since close to the beginning so he has a ton of insight.

"m2k told ken to use counter against pc chris" is some of my favorite smash lore lmao

Last edited:

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Are the top players at Smash Camp even taking the event seriously? I heard Axe is just going with secondaries.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Are the top players at Smash Camp even taking the event seriously? I heard Axe is just going with secondaries.
Last year's smash camp was p much AZ smash-partying in a campground. maybe axe is just looking to do that again, have a great vacation w friends in his home region. Heck, the vacation angle might be half the reason more top players came this year.

I wonder how many of these players are also going to mainstage next week. Mainstage has more money involved, i think. If people don't think they can go all-out two weekends in a row it makes sense to prioritize the more intense and lucrative one.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Roast of Bobby Scar is about to start at Mainstage, top 8 after that. Missed top 16 unfortunately.

Fire set from Lucky and Ginger.

Yoshi legit looks like a hard counter for Ice Climbers. Or at least Amsa does.

Yo that Axe combo.

Last edited:

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
I know reddit is distraught as usual because Hbox won again, but two of his worst MUs (Wizzy and Leff) didn't enter and he everybody else had a shot at him

It's fine. One of these guys will rise up!

(GFs was rough though, I want to hear Axe's take on that. He looked 1000% better in WSF, even though the results didn't show)

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Iirc he missed the last majors for a wedding and a trip to Japan with his girlfriend. He also spent some time focusing on 64 around SSC.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

m2k training for big house with wizzy

hard to believe wizzy is the higher ranked player right now. curious how long it will take m2k to return to form.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

wholesome pokebros stick together

also, one of the replies makes me feel so old that it's physically painful:

screen_shot_2018-03-2pvjdr.jpg

ScientificWellinformedArctichare-size_restricted.gif

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really hope Big House ropes M2K back into Melee. That performance was ridiculous.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Love to see that M2K beat Hbox. I would adore it if M2K somehow wins the whole thing. Meanwhile, Hbox tearing through loser's is hype too, will probably set up a bunch of nice matches.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Only turned it on just before top 8 started.

This has been a kind of sloppy top 8. IBDW, Mango, Lucky, M2K. None of them have looked very good. Well, IBDW looked good when he wasn't messing up I guess.

Yes Toph, the blue button on the GC controller. The shine button. Wtf lol

Mango needs to go fox the rest of the tournament, he looked super clean. His Falco looked like trash against Leffen.

Last edited:

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Mango vs Hbox was a combination fo Hbox playing bad and Mango looking super clean.

Also now Zain is just dismantling Leffen lmao. Can't wait for him to cry about Marth on Twitter later.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Mango definitely should have stayed Fox.

Grand finals will be entirely free for Zain.

If I had a printer, paper, and ink to waste I'd take this post, print it out, set it on fire, and post a picture of it.

I don't know how Mango did that, but that was some great Melee.

Last edited:

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
That GF set was just.... absolutely unbelievable. The whole set. Every game. Fucking incredible.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Mango definitely should have stayed Fox.

Grand finals will be entirely free for Zain.

If I had a printer, paper, and ink to waste I'd take this post, print it out, set it on fire, and post a picture of it.

I don't know how Mango did that, but that was some great Melee.
lol, perfect. I can't blame you though, I thought Zain had that for sure. Even while watching it, a couple games (I think game 5 of set 1 and game 4 of set 2) it felt like it was nearly a lock.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
lol, perfect. I can't blame you though, I thought Zain had that for sure. Even while watching it, a couple games (I think game 5 of set 1 and game 4 of set 2) it felt like it was nearly a lock.

In fairness, the context of the post was during the Fiction set and Mango was in his second straight set as Falco looking rough, while his Fox looked on point. Even Mango said he was playing pretty bad but improved from there all the way through grands. It sure looked that way.

And Zain in winners side of grands with just three spaces left? I figured he would feast, but Mango proved me wrong.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
That was the hypest grand finals we've had in a minute. Mang0 getting his offense going and not letting Zain breath was beautiful to watch even when it ended in him losing a stock half the time.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
WITH A TEAR

IN MY EYE

MANGO HAS DONE IT

IT ALWAYS COMES BACK TO MARTH VS FALCO

THIS IS SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE FOR THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE