• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
I had to stop using Young Link because all I wanted to do was slide off Up B to grab ledge and wound up killing myself half the time. He has so many cool, impractical options.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that the best round of Summit vote-ins yet happens, but I'm going to miss the whole thing on vacation. I'll probably watch all the singles sets but for a tournament like Summit that's missing half the experience, and I just don't have time to go back and watch the whole event after the fact.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
in the last month wizzy beat hbox in tournament in melee and now he just beat tweek in ultimate at smash n splash

legend

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
First time I've actually seen a tie with the same percent.

Surprised they don't know what happens, replay last stock.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
iBDW 2-2 with Hbox. Don't expect him to win but an impressive showing.

SFAT S2J game 1 might have been some of the most intense spaghetti. That was wild.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Top 8 looks like it should be fun.

Wizzy made top 8 in both Ultimate and Melee, that's nuts. Watching him play into top 8 for Ultimate reminds me why I don't care all that much for watching that game though.

Imagine if he had entered 64 and didn't have to DQ from a game for time. He probably would have made top 8 in all three.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Is anyone else watching Smash N Splash?

Wizzrobe vs Amsa was hype.

Leffen eliminating Mango was a shame, but I'm ready for a Wizzrobe vs Leffen Finals.

(Yeah I know it's unlikely, but I can dream.)

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield was a super questionable counterpick against Wizzy for Hbox.

Wizzy sitting in GF winners side though, niiice.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That last stock from Leffen was nasty. 4 stocking Zain with Fox though?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
HE DID IT

WIZZY DID IT

CAPTAIN FALCON DID IT

IT TOOK 18 LONG YEARS

BUT CAPTAIN FALCON STANDS ON TOP

74 THOUSAND WITNESS IT

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SPONSOR HIM
SPONSOR HIM
SPONSOR HIM
SPONSOR HIM

The energy here is incredible, what a match

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been watching Smash as much this year but tuned in just in time...cannot believe Wizzy pulled that off! What a tourney for him. Hoping he goes for the double and makes even more history!

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Wizzy is just absolutely unbelievable. Maybe this sounds stupid, but whenever I watch him play I can feel his grip and inputs on the controller in a way I don't with anyone else.

Saw this on Twitter:
Genesis 6: Hbox
BoBC 3: Axe
Pound 2019: Hbox
GOML 2019: Mango
SnS 5: Wizzy

2019 Melee is amazing.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Wizzy is just absolutely unbelievable. Maybe this sounds stupid, but whenever I watch him play I can feel his grip and inputs on the controller in a way I don't with anyone else.

Saw this on Twitter:

2019 Melee is amazing.

Worth noting that Axe placed 2nd at two of those. After being a top10 player for so long it seems like hes moving up the ranks this year.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017

Saw this on Twitter:

2019 Melee is amazing.

This is the most exciting Melee's been in a while. Everything feels really fresh and unpredictable.

Falcon wins a super major and Drephen qualifies for Summit in a single tournament. Anything is possible.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Wizzy was legit trending on twitter (private browsing, presumably just US due to geo ip trickery)

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Wonderful top 8. Go Wizzy! This and GomL, really feels like Melee is back in full swing. M2K missing is still weird, but big things happening.

When's the next big one? Summit?

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Mango 3 is next weekend, and is a Summit qualifier. Then Summit the weekend after.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'll be doing nothing but watching Melee for the next 2 weekends then. Wow, Melee is sicker than ever.
I'll be out of town and miss all of it. If Mango does a .5 event Monday and Tuesday that will basically be a week of straight quality Melee content. Mango tournament over the weekend, Summit .5 on Monday and Tuesday, then Summit runs Wednesday-Sunday, assuming they hit the media day stream goal.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
reverse main tourney @ summit is going to be crazy. Almost everyone going to be struggling with Yoshi and Pikachu.

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
A cursory google search indicates Wizzy is a fan and has met the band on at least one occasion. And apparently (some of?) the band members are Smash fans, and they dedicated a song to Wizzy for being a pro Smash player.

Scythesurge

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe what Wizzy managed to do, truly a landmark achievement! 2019 and Melee is just as exciting as it has ever been and I can't wait for the upcoming tournaments. I'm really hoping that Axe can manage a major win this year, he's way overdue.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
amazing how people were crying about puff and wobbling killing the game

months later, we have captain falcons, falcos and pikachus winning super majors.

melee will never be figured out. top players will always go back and forth. there's a reason why it has lived this long!

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Did we get an official peak for Melee at SnS, I was told it got as high as 74k, but I stopped checking around 60k

OP
OP
Chaosblade

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if third party viewing gets counted or only the twitch page. Because I still use an external program to hook into the streams and watch them with VLC. Twitch is better now that it's not using flash but I still haven't gotten into the habit of using the site.

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a Smashbox yesterday and gonna give really committing to this game another go when it comes in a few weeks from now. Last two tournaments were too sick. 🙃